Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love that I will be around in this generation to see these past. Woot for Illinois.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    And we still don't have that.

God damn it, why do we keep voting christian parties into government?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    And we still don't have that.

God damn it, why do we keep voting christian parties into government?
    Zero idea... all this stuff with the automobile lobby and the payment after the elections, the NSA stuff and how our beloved christian partie handled it, all the other problems we have in our country and STILL these guys are in charge :/

Gratz to Illinois

10+ Year Old Account
    Working for equality in this world is far harder then working for inequality. Those that work for the equality of others every day of there life deserves a fucking medal.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I think his point is that given the federal government's inaction, basic human rights are still denied in 2/3 of the states.

So basically he's looking at the glass 2/3 empty, and you're looking at it 1/3 full.
    I'm not looking at the glass at any angle because this issue is something I could really give two shits about.

That said, while the feds dick around, states are taking it upon themselves to do what they think is right. His response to my first post in this thread had nothing to do with anything I said. I'm not sure if it was disdain towards the idea that a conservative/libertarian approach is making large strides in this issue, but whatever.

My point still stands, the democratic progress in the states where gay equality is coming to fruition contradicts the notion that the majority would oppress the minority if this approach was taken in the recent 2012 elections.

Sure, this issue will hit walls in some states and breeze through others. But the states that are capable of passing legislation and making court decisions in favor of gay rights are doing just that, and will continue to do so regardless of when the feds decide to do the same.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2013-11-06 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    My point still stands, the democratic progress in the states where gay equality is coming to fruition contradicts the notion that the majority would oppress the minority if this approach was taken in the recent 2012 elections.
    Except marriage equality is now supported by the majority. So up until this point the majority WAS suppressing the minority, it's now that the majority supports it, thus the laws are changing.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Except marriage equality is now supported by the majority. So up until this point the majority WAS suppressing the minority, it's now that the majority supports it, thus the laws are changing.
    I didn't know there was such a huge polarity shift on the issue in such a short span of time. Support for gay marriage was borderline majority/majority since the mid 2000s, making the proponents that wanted to make it a state issue in 2012 valid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that means all the heterosexual marriages in Illinois are now null and void. Thanks Obama.

*sarcasm by the way
    Putin khuliyo