Need advice on how to deal with cc as a healer.

I am a hpally. I was doing 2's, trying to get some points when we hit a new bracket. I think? Anyway, we started going up against comps where I would literally be doing nothing but sitting in full cc durations. I had a warrior team mate. For example, got a preist / mage. I would get hit with fear, then immediately poly, then fear after that. All for their full durations. I would pop a cd like bubble or trinket just for the cc cycle to start all over. Its go me very frustrated. Every comp did nothing but cc me the entire time even after I used my cd's. Hunter / mage, priest / hunter. The entire time, I couldn't do anything.

How do I deal with all these cc's so I can get more points? I am in full tyran gear and trying to work on getting some grievous but its not going so well. I would like to figure this out because it is literally taking every drop of fun right out of PvP for me. I mean, all these cc's and none of them sharing any diminishing returns is just so annoying.

You don't deal with them.

Even if you did, you'd just spam heals so hard no double DPS team could ever beat you.

PvP, right now, is broken and practically unplayable. If you're not CC locking a healer, they're never going to die. Blizzard, apparently, thought the best way to deal with how broken Healers were was to just make CC rampant and uncontrollable.

What you can do, aside from rerolling Resto Druid, is just have your partner learn to snap-target onto a warlock or mage when you see them casting something, and then interrupt them. As a Paladin, unless I'm mistaken, you don't have any interrupts (do Holy Paladins even get rebuke?), so you're going to be totally dependent on your arena partner to interrupt stuff.

Also, try to fight around pillars. If you're getting casted at, quickly throw a big heal on your partner and then LoS the cast quick.

For as bad as PvP has gotten, there's still a few tools you have left to deal with things, but don't feel bad. It's really not you or your performance as much as it is just PvP being deplorable.

Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    You don't deal with them.

Even if you did, you'd just spam heals so hard no double DPS team could ever beat you.

PvP, right now, is broken and practically unplayable. If you're not CC locking a healer, they're never going to die. Blizzard, apparently, thought the best way to deal with how broken Healers were was to just make CC rampant and uncontrollable.

What you can do, aside from rerolling Resto Druid, is just have your partner learn to snap-target onto a warlock or mage when you see them casting something, and then interrupt them. As a Paladin, unless I'm mistaken, you don't have any interrupts (do Holy Paladins even get rebuke?), so you're going to be totally dependent on your arena partner to interrupt stuff.

Also, try to fight around pillars. If you're getting casted at, quickly throw a big heal on your partner and then LoS the cast quick.

For as bad as PvP has gotten, there's still a few tools you have left to deal with things, but don't feel bad. It's really not you or your performance as much as it is just PvP being deplorable.
    Is it any better in RBG's? Cause I want to do PvP healing. However, these arenas are just killing any fun. Warlocks have instant fear, and then its hello chain cc's without any diminishing returns. I do have an interrupt, but I have to be within melee range to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Is it any better in RBG's? Cause I want to do PvP healing. However, these arenas are just killing any fun. Warlocks have instant fear, and then its hello chain cc's without any diminishing returns. I do have an interrupt, but I have to be within melee range to use it.
    RBGs are worse in terms of cc unless you are playing in the 1200 bracket. Plus instead of having 1 warrior sitting on you, now you have 3 or 4.

Then your best bet, for arenas, is to coordinate with your partner to try and constantly keep the enemy around pillars, so you can quickly LoS yourself when they're casting.

Basically, hide behind a pillar and wait for THEM to come to YOU (unless they're also pillar hugging, then just run up and fight around their pillar). Your Warrior should also try getting Double Time (if he doesn't have it already), so he can quickly charge to interrupt a fear cast, then charge back to his main target.

Basically if you're getting chain CCd, your partner is the one who has to interrupt one of the CCers, otherwise you'll just keep getting stunned.

In RBGs it's a little different. You'll have lots of people protecting you and cleansing stuff off of you, plus your team will be CCing the enemy at the same time. You'll still get focused, since you're a healer, but good teammates should give you enough breathing time to get heals off.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't do much but sac the poly. Besides that tell your warrior to stop the CC for you. It's how the game works; you have your partner help you out. Even though you may have been able to roflstomp your way up to a certain point, you'll be stuck if your warrior is shit.

Have your warrior play it smart. Don't have him chase someone around the pillar out of your LoS. Tell your warrior to charge the priest when he's about to fear or MASS REFLECT the polymorph.

I capped last time with a warrior as resto shaman. Never played before with a warrior this patch. I just dispelled the warr constantly and he was so unstoppable that the other team had no time to cc me .........

playing healer in arenas is tricky. my advice - get on skype with ur warrior and coordinate a lot. example
    fight starts
    warrior - charging hunter.
    you - hammered his healer
    warrior - going hulk on hunter oops deterrence
    you - got feared, using trinket. oops scatter shot and trap. los the hunter and come to me behind this pillar
    1 scenario - warrior does that and gets healed after trap, the fight resets
    2 scenario - warrior ignores you and dies

my advice to your warrior as well - save heroic leap for los-ing and use it defensively. both players must see the big picture in arena fight, especially healer-dps comps. if your partner is tunnelling his target blindly and yelling for heals - he needs to upgrade his lvl of playing a lot.

Deleted
    With a warrior or uhdk as a teammate you dont need voicecom until 1750 atleast.
    Just dispell the warrior/dk and purge the killtarget if possible and faceroll trough achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    playing healer in arenas is tricky. my advice - get on skype with ur warrior and coordinate a lot. example
    fight starts
    warrior - charging hunter.
    you - hammered his healer
    warrior - going hulk on hunter oops deterrence
    you - got feared, using trinket. oops scatter shot and trap. los the hunter and come to me behind this pillar
    1 scenario - warrior does that and gets healed after trap, the fight resets
    2 scenario - warrior ignores you and dies
    Hand of Sacrifice for traps.

Besides communicating, going through your spellbook and actually read the tooltips and think yourself if and how you could use every ability in PVP is probably the very best advice one can get. Even if you have played your class for years and think you know every spell. A simple example: if you are a shaman and you meet a mage team, you can prevent a pet nova with bind elemental. So few shamans use that ability that I believe they are unaware they can use that spell to actually stop mage burst (talking about the lower brackets).

In some 3s this happens - and worse if a lock is applying dots all over the place the spread pressure is so painful. As a resto once you have trinketed, wind-walked, tremored and there is STILL ANOTHER CC it gets a little depressing Fortunately my monk has a lovely button to press which sets me free one more time and then I ghost wolf and find a pillar.