Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    LoL has a pretty big roster. All three universes of Blizzard have plenty of characters combined, but they are going to run out. I wonder if they will just start pulling chars out of their asses at some point.

we will start getting minor characters like the Apple vendor in shattrath or topper Mcnabb.

Illidan'd better be OP.

LoL has a pretty big roster. All three universes of Blizzard have plenty of characters combined, but they are going to run out. I wonder if they will just start pulling chars out of their asses at some point.
    They said, at Blizzcon 2011, that they will use characters from all their games, not only the big 3. The Lost Vikings, Blackthorn, etc.

The three universes have more than enough to create about 100ish heroes.

Which I'm fine with. Who cares about "running out"? If you ask me, the other Moobaws all suffer from releasing too many heroes even when the roster they have so far needs desperate amounts of work.

No law was made that says any Hero Arena game needs to have a constant new release of heroes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    The three universes have more than enough to create about 100ish heroes.

Which I'm fine with. Who cares about "running out"? If you ask me, the other Moobaws all suffer from releasing too many heroes even when the roster they have so far needs desperate amounts of work.

No law was made that says any Hero Arena game needs to have a constant new release of heroes.

you could have a pretty big roster just using raid bosses and major characters from WoW

I just hope Blizzard does more of their own things with it instead of having their dicks shrivel up and acting like submissive babyfurs by conforming to the style all the pre-existing Hero Arenas go with.

One thing I really liked about LoL (before the game spoiled harder than a hamburger left in a swamp) was their 3v3 map. Even if it was always disgustingly imbalanced, it was fun to see the Dota-styled gameplay take place on a different sized team map. Then there were the rumors for the 7v7 map and a new 5v5 map that never happened because Riot decided to just start going with Dota 2's format and keeping it to one, single 5v5 map that never changes.

As a mooobie player, I fully understand the crucial nature of playing a map hundreds of times and learning all of it's ins-and-outs with each and every different hero, but with Blizzard, I'd love to see maps set in the Firelands, or Alterac Mountains or Hell or Tristram, etc...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Major party in my pants now, free games!
    Just because it says it's free doesn't mean you won't spend a stupid amount of money on it like blizzard intends people to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    I just hope Blizzard does more of their own things with it instead of having their dicks shrivel up and acting like submissive babyfurs by conforming to the style all the pre-existing Hero Arenas go with.

One thing I really liked about LoL (before the game spoiled harder than a hamburger left in a swamp) was their 3v3 map. Even if it was always disgustingly imbalanced, it was fun to see the Dota-styled gameplay take place on a different sized team map. Then there were the rumors for the 7v7 map and a new 5v5 map that never happened because Riot decided to just start going with Dota 2's format and keeping it to one, single 5v5 map that never changes.

As a mooobie player, I fully understand the crucial nature of playing a map hundreds of times and learning all of it's ins-and-outs with each and every different hero, but with Blizzard, I'd love to see maps set in the Firelands, or Alterac Mountains or Hell or Tristram, etc...

i tihnk blizzard would go with multiple maps, at least 3, one from each franchise.

they have a lot to work with so hopefully they don't disappoint.

Anub'arak is gonna be a hero?? Don't remember him playable, is he new or what?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    He was playable in WC3.

Deleted
    he was playable in WC3 : the frozen throne as an undead hero. think he was called crypt lord.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    he was playable in WC3 : the frozen throne as an undead hero. think he was called crypt lord.
    If he doesn't retain his spiked carapace spell and his joke about being the fifth beetle, this game will be shit.

i tihnk blizzard would go with multiple maps, at least 3, one from each franchise.

they have a lot to work with so hopefully they don't disappoint.
    At Blizzcon 2011 they said that it will have multiple maps, they even talked about the idea of a Onyxia's lair one with Onyxia as a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    He was playable in WC3.
    Yeah I remember that, but I don't remember see'ing him in Blizzard Allstars

Deleted
    Yeah I remember that, but I don't remember see'ing him in Blizzard Allstars
    we knew very little of all stars though, and it was basically scrapped.

but you're right, hes not on any of the old hero lists of what was known to be playable, but he is on the picture the op posted so i think we can assume he is playable.

I wonder how they will monetize this. I don't think they'll follow LoL.

Deleted
    Anub'arak is the nerubian assassin in DotA. Nyx assassin in dota 2. He has impale, mana burn, spiked carapace and vendetta as abilities.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Each character is supposed to have at least two costumes, IIRC.

From Blizzcon 2010. Both costumes for Za'Muro the Blademaster.

http://sclegacy.com/feature/106-bliz...t-ii-art-panel

I honestly think the coolest thing about HotS is that the characters actually look like they're in a crossed-over universe. The two versions of Za'Muro have him wielding a psi blade and decked out in either Lenassa or Zer'atai armor. Muradin wears a marauder infantry suit, and there's a version of Stitches that's infested with Zerg. It's pretty awesome.
    Could be the outfits will be used to show which team they're on.

As opposed to LoL where they're cash shop skins.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Anub'arak is the nerubian assassin in DotA. Nyx assassin in dota 2. He has impale, mana burn, spiked carapace and vendetta as abilities.
    Both of those are not Anub'arak. They simply use his model in original Dota.

Monetizing heroes is the wrong way to go, if they should follow any model, it should be DOTA2.

Not saying they can't make money on selling heroes, but as an unestablished MOBA that doesn't have the fanbase that LoL has, they need to draw people to play by opening up their roster, not limiting it.