USB Device not recognized (endless beeping)

Okay, so recently i got this problem where windows would keep popping up with a message saying "USB Device not recognized, One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."

I would go to my device manager and the "Unknown Device" would keep disappearing and reappearing whenever the pop-op message happened.

I was able to click on it fast enough to find out which hub it is and it's "Location 0 (Port_#0001.Hub_#0001)".

Anybody know how to get rid of this annoying message? I don't even care if i fix it, i just don't want to see this thing popping up and making the beeping noises it does.

P.S I have already tried completely unplugging my computer from the power supply and that didn't end up working. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a card reader? If I remember right this happened to me once and it was one of the slots in the card reader.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Quote Originally Posted by amazingbrian View Post
    P.S I have already tried completely unplugging my computer from the power supply and that didn't end up working. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
    Not sure why that would help.....

Have you tried removing your USB devices one at a time to see if the message stops? Could be that you have a bad USB device, you know....

Deleted
    Sounds like a broken USB port.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Not sure why that would help.....

Have you tried removing your USB devices one at a time to see if the message stops? Could be that you have a bad USB device, you know....
    Well the only 2 USB devices i have plugged in is my Mouse and my Keyboard, and those are listed as their own devices under the control panel so i don't really think it could be that..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Sounds like a broken USB port.
    Am i able to disable the broken USB port so it would stop beeping? It's driving me insane

I have like 12 USB ports on my computer so i don't really care if i disable just 1 lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    Do you have a card reader? If I remember right this happened to me once and it was one of the slots in the card reader.
    Nope i don't own a card reader.

Deleted
    Am i able to disable the broken USB port so it would stop beeping? It's driving me insane

I have like 12 USB ports on my computer so i don't really care if i disable just 1 lol
    You can on some PCs that or manually disconnect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    You can on some PCs that or manually disconnect it.
    I'm guessing i'll just have to wing it when disconnecting it from my motherboard right? Or does it say on the motherboard which hub it is?

I had this exact same, soul crushing, mind melting thing happen to me. What I eventually did was turn off System Sounds. I still get the pop-up occasionally, but it no longer makes a sound.

Specifically: Start - Search - Sound : Right click, Open - Sounds - and turn off Device Connect and Device Disconnection.
    Last edited by Daltin; 2013-11-06 at 02:25 AM.

I'm guessing i'll just have to wing it when disconnecting it from my motherboard right? Or does it say on the motherboard which hub it is?
    You can usually disable secondary usb hubs in the motherboard bios. You could also look up your Motherboard on the manufacturers website and grab a pdf of the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Daltin View Post
    I had this exact same, soul crushing, mind melting thing happen to me. What I eventually did was turn off System Sounds. I still get the pop-up occasionally, but it no longer makes a sound.

Specifically: Start - Search - Sound : Right click, Open - Sounds - and turn off Device Connect and Device Disconnection.
    Thank you so much.. thought my head was going to explode.. i'll use this method until i manually disconnect the thing from my mobo lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    You can usually disable secondary usb hubs in the motherboard bios. You could also look up your Motherboard on the manufacturers website and grab a pdf of the manual.
    Thanks, ill try that.

I've encountered this issue before at work with external USB devices. Whenever the message pops up, I just unplug the device and plug it into a different USB port. It appears the driver gets corrupt somehow and a different port will see it as new hardware and install the driver for the device.

May or may not work in this situation, but it's worth a shot.
    Last edited by 2legit2quit; 2013-11-07 at 06:31 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Why not just disable the device in Device Manager?

As long as its not the usb hub thats got the keyboard/mouse also plugged in lol.
    Last edited by mmoc1d03ea7d9d; 2013-11-07 at 12:55 PM.

Ahh dude I hope you don't have a Dell. If so the problem is only fixed with a new motherboard. I fix stuff for the company and had this happen to my machine.

Got the same problem, have had it for a week or so! Its driving me insane!

I have tried most "fixes" i could find but nothing have worked so far! :/

Quote Originally Posted by lokii View Post
    Ahh dude I hope you don't have a Dell. If so the problem is only fixed with a new motherboard. I fix stuff for the company and had this happen to my machine.
    Thanks lokii for the infor.

I have a dell...

Could this be the only way out of this issue? Have things changed since you last made this comment?
    For now i have opted to disable the sound as shown by Daltin too but i need to get to the simplest/cheapest way to solve this issue.
    What could have possible caused this to happen in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is over six months old. I'm going to go ahead and close it. If you're having similar issues, I'd make a new thread.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab