Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tips for our warlock please

Hey guys we are a casual 10m guild working on Garrosh, I feel like our warlock could be pumping out a bit more dps then he currently is. If you wouldn't mind could you please have a look at his armoury and logs from Monday nights raid.

wwwworldoflogscom/reports/rt-zp1n7kly8b1qpnqp/

usbattlenet/wow/en/character/alexstrasza/Krittical/advanced

I had to remove the . because I am unable to post links yet, Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by ochimaru View Post
    Hey guys we are a casual 10m guild working on Garrosh, I feel like our warlock could be pumping out a bit more dps then he currently is. If you wouldn't mind could you please have a look at his armoury and logs from Monday nights raid.

I tried looking at your longest and last try (#14) but he's not there...?
    So I moved on yo your longest (but not last) try (#2), with 8min.

The first thing to notice, he's not shadowburning enough, specially with too few havocs cast. Garrosh is a great fight to shadowsnipe everything.

Uptime on immolate seems low to me.
    Also, he's using backdraft to cast chaos bolts more than he should.

I can't really tell by the logs, but is he pre potting? (I only looked at this try, he may have forgotten)

Other than that, just take better advantage of procs.
    If he can shadowsnipe things with havoc he'll improve a LOT.

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1309&e=1629

he doesn´t even try to use AoE in p1. make sure that your warlock knows that a spell called "fire and brimstone" exists and also tell him to read the pinned destro topic right here

I believe he hasn't been using Fire and brim because he feels its padding, although even using RoF would help with embers a lot. As far as havoc he usually havocs the weapon. Yes he does pre pot every pull as far as I know. I am not familiar with the term shadow sniping so I will pass that info on to him to see if he knows what it means, Also he was not in the last 4-5 attempts because we sat a dps to bring in a 3rd healer to test it out.

Deleted
    "he feels its padding", seriously? your trys mostly end after 1:30, which should still be p1. the only reason you could whipe in p1 is when the adds aren´t dieing fast enough and raping the tanks. so tell him to padd the hell out of the adds.

you are comparing the dps of a DD which doesn´t use aoe with others that do over 20mil dps on the adds - guess who´ll do more dps. but anyway, his DPS on garrosh is also very bad
    like evertonbelmontt already said, he is making mistakes. tell him to read the pinned topic, because he obviously doesn´t know how to play destro properly

Ill pass on the info, Last night was a bad night the night before we weren't having many issues with phase 1 at all.
    Thanks.

Deleted
    First things first, if your warlock has issues he should get help by himself. If you are doing his work already just get the one that actually knows his class. Get him here so he can tell about his rotation and approach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell him to get the "the sash of potent incantations" from the cloth vendor in dalaran. Set the roll away from warlock to see the sash. It's the real belt that goes with his transmog

Oh but back on topic, I haven't done Normal Hellscream yet.

But in that fight it's all about getting embers and like everyone else said getting a shadowburn off on hellscream via the adds!

I wish him luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Deleted
    We'll he's not completely wrong. If you kill the adds easily with iron stars it would be padding to aoe the adds that would die anyway and time would be much better spent maximizing dps on Garrosh + Wolf Riders + desecrated weapons.

Converserly if you have trouble with the adds tehe yeah it's aoe time.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dumb question but I was looking fights and not seeing Grimoire of Sacrifice as a buff, since he took that talent, is it hidden in the log?
    If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

Until you stalk and overrun, you can't devour anyone. - Hobbes

I believe he hasn't been using Fire and brim because he feels its padding, although even using RoF would help with embers a lot. As far as havoc he usually havocs the weapon. Yes he does pre pot every pull as far as I know. I am not familiar with the term shadow sniping so I will pass that info on to him to see if he knows what it means, Also he was not in the last 4-5 attempts because we sat a dps to bring in a 3rd healer to test it out.
    Padding is like wasting a havoc shadow burn in Paragons instead of getting embers with incinerate havoc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    Padding is like wasting a havoc shadow burn in Paragons instead of getting embers with incinerate havoc
    also 3 healing it makes the boss harder, We wiped for 30 times then we tried the bloodlegion tactic where we soak the first weapon and cleave it down(entire raid is stacked) then ranged move up to the throne and we put the weapon there. This saved us a lot of dps, btw we are letting the iron star kill the adds

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    We'll he's not completely wrong. If you kill the adds easily with iron stars it would be padding to aoe the adds that would die anyway and time would be much better spent maximizing dps on Garrosh + Wolf Riders + desecrated weapons.
    keeping RoF and immolate with some conflagrate on adds means:
    you lose less then 30% of its dmg on garrosh but gain so much embers that you can spamm chaosbolt, which seems like a good trade

These sorts of threads seem to be in poor taste to me. If the player in question wants help, then he or she should probably seek it out on his or her own.

My inference from the OP and OP's subsequent posts is that you got into an argument with your warlock because you can't get the desired performance.

This could be because (among other possibilities):
    1. The warlock is playing poorly and won't listen to your sound advice
    2. The warlock is playing poorly and you don't know how to give sound advice
    3. The warlock is playing well enough and you don't understand what's actually occurring in the wipes

In the first case, this seems like a leadership/personality problem, not something you can try to bring onto the forums and win through an argument. Your first recourse should have probably been to ask the warlock to get help on his or her own. You already know what the player should be doing. Make the warlock do it or make peace with letting the player do what they want.

In the second, it seems extremely tacky to "out" this player as bad. Again, first, I would ask the player to get help. Were I in this position, and wanted to get help for them, I may ask on forums for advice on playing a class I don't understand. However, I would ask the questions directly instead of blaming some other guy for being bad while conveniently omitting the fact that I don't know how to manage the player in question. For example: Ask "What can a warlock do to get better results on X?", and then compare and apply this advice to my player's performance.

In the third case, you're still trying to win an argument with your player, but the player knows more about what's going on that you. You're basically being a jerk like in the second case, but you're also a poorly-informed jerk.

My take-away point:
    If your players need help in the game, first help them if you're able. Second, tell them to seek help or research the topic for them so you can provide more help. Failing that, with their permission, I guess you could make a post asking for surrogate help for a player, but that seems pretty unlikely.

Broadcasting that somebody is failing your expectations and needs help from the community at large seems like a pretty unsympathetic thing to do to someone. Also, it makes you appear to some people (namely, me) that you are unable or unwilling to fix the problem yourself, but you want it to magically disappear.

Tell him to get rid of the glyph of Havoc. It's terribad. I didn't look at his logs, but he should be using havoc like a mofo on the Garrosh fight.

As an 25m affliction warlock that HAVE to respec to destro in order to beat the DPS of the tank, I can give my 2-cents.
    To be perfectly honest, my advice are a bit 'I have no idea what I'm doing" so, for what it's worth....

Make two macro
    /target Garrosh
    /target conse [modifier=shift]
    /cast Havok
    /target lasttarget

/cast [target=mouseover] Shadowburn

(ABSOLUTELY NOT sure of the code, I'm not at home)

During p1, keep garrosh on target, on the pull, do NOT use CB on garrosh, spam your normal cycle until the first wave of adds come. Then, when they are packed :
    Activate FnB
    Immolation
    RoF
    Single conflag
    Incix3

Now he should have infinite embers. When the first adds come close to be low life, makes him use his macro to cast havok on garrosh and snipe the hell out of every possible add without having to swich target. Tidyplates helps A LOT for this.

Now, you are on phase 2. When garrosh sends his weapon, makes him target and burn the weapon itself. This is the part where i REALLY have no clue if it is a good thing to do, but let him burn down the weapon. When it gets low life (25%) he uses his havok macro and BOOM, three havok in garrosh face.

Now, you are on the last face. Garrosh is low on life. When he send his weapon away, he uses his havok macro WITH THE SHIFT KEY PRESSED. And BOOM, three havok redirected to the weapon

That's my two cents. Feel free to correct me if my information are bad (and they probably are)...Cuz I don't really know how to play destruction ^^
    "Well...I think you don't get the concept of World First. It's not Method, it's NOT an obscure asian guild whose name can't be pronounced by the regular folks, it's blizzard !

Yeah, cuz they had an internal test team, and they beat Garrosh. So by your standart, they are the true first."

Very poor performance from him with that gear.
    His opener is bad, he should do opening sequence on boss till adds come, after that he should switch to hard AoEing. Shadowburn snipe as much as possible.
    His Immolate uptime is trash.
    Only 3 Havoc casts in 10minute fight? Even if it was glyphed, cast counter should be 8+, in case it wasn't glyphed it should exceed 15 in 10min+ fight.
    He can get more from his gear by gemming expertise + mastery in orange slots.
    His Shadowburning is really bad.

Try to convince him that he doesn't know how to play warlock and to check out mmo warlock guides.
    Warlocks are usually know it all fags and won't listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    Warlocks are usually know it all fags and won't listen.
    I strongly disagree, and I am proving it by not listening to you !

sorry, couldn't resist
    "Well...I think you don't get the concept of World First. It's not Method, it's NOT an obscure asian guild whose name can't be pronounced by the regular folks, it's blizzard !

Yeah, cuz they had an internal test team, and they beat Garrosh. So by your standart, they are the true first."

Sorry for being a little rude but the main problem of your Warlock it's not ask for Help for himself and need other ppl from your core to looking for how he need to improve as a player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    "he feels its padding", seriously? your trys mostly end after 1:30, which should still be p1. the only reason you could whipe in p1 is when the adds aren´t dieing fast enough and raping the tanks. so tell him to padd the hell out of the adds.
    There is no need to touch the adds. They should be killed with Iron Star.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    There is no need to touch the adds. They should be killed with Iron Star.
    yeah, sure...no. look at his logs. near all of those trys end in p1 because their tanks are dieing. not every wave can be killed with iron star before garroshs buffs them, so they need to be killed if the tanks can´t take them...hell, all other DDs are already aoeing the adds. either you choose to chain deff-CDs and stuns while the adds are buffed, or you tell your DDs to only focus the boss....and killing is obviously the easiest choice if your still progressing garrosh nhc that late in progress.

I guess I´m not the only one who thinks that the mainreason for those whipes is that the raidlead can´t control his raid. everyone seems to do what he/she wants without a clear tactic.

edit: if you choose to not kill them - with your setup it should be the easiest way to let the priest massroot them. then let your ele kick them all onto the ironstar side as soon as they are all in massroot range
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2013-11-20 at 03:00 PM.