Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wow, I hadn't listened to rap in years! Sounds just as terrible as last time.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

I'd probably agree with that, but I basically only listen to rap and honestly there aren't many good rappers out there. Guess we'll try again in 2014.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I'd probably agree with that, but I basically only listen to rap and honestly there aren't many good rappers out there. Guess we'll try again in 2014.
    Sounds pretty narrow.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Sorry but Yousei Teikoku already possesses the best album award with Pax Vesania.

10+ Year Old Account
    we get it Chingy, you like rap... but that doesn't make it best album of 2013 by far ... it's decent at best...

ah youre that guy again that thinks hiphop > everything and thought the reason no rappers attended blizzcon cause they were too expensive lol

inb4, Daft Punk has the best album of the year imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Album of the year... mm A7X Hail to the King.

Kings of HipHop-- Outkast.
    avenged sevenfold??? whatever.
    the kings of hiphop would have to be afrika bambaataa & the soul sonic force. outkast...dear lord!!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Papier Light View Post
    ah youre that guy again that thinks hiphop > everything and thought the reason no rappers attended blizzcon cause they were too expensive lol

inb4, Daft Punk has the best album of the year imo
    I have nothing against Daft Punk, but I absolutely hate that "Get Lucky" or whatever song. It was litterally impossible to walk down the street, turn on the radio, television or whatever, without hearing it at least 10 times a day the entire summer.... At first I had nothing against it, but after hearing it for the... 50th time, I wanted to find Daft Punk, and forcefeed them their own shiny instruments...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I have nothing against Daft Punk, but I absolutely hate that "Get Lucky" or whatever song. It was litterally impossible to walk down the street, turn on the radio, television or whatever, without hearing it at least 10 times a day the entire summer.... At first I had nothing against it, but after hearing it for the... 50th time, I wanted to find Daft Punk, and forcefeed them their own shiny instruments...
    Gotta agree I heared that too much as well, 24/7 everywhere.
    But same story when michael jackson died, I was surprised my toilet didnt play a michael jackson hit when I flushed

15+ Year Old Account
    While it comes down to opinion all the way, not being a fan of hip-hop/rap etc I'm not inclined to agree that it is the album of the year. But then I thought to myself "well what would my choice for album of the year so far be?" and you know what? I'm not even sure I brought any albums this year... I have quite an extensive music collection and don't tend to keep an eye out for new music, there is just a few bands that I make sure I buy their latest stuff, and I'm not sure if any of those even released new albums this year...

Off the top of my head the last album I brought on release was 'Lion' by Stephen Lunch, which is a comedy music type thing, so probably doesn't even enter the competition - and I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as his previous albums and got my money back from iTunes it was such a disappointment...

Not even Album of the day, and not even when there was just one this day.

15+ Year Old Account
    so many haters in this thread lol, "his flow is shit", please....

Deleted
    Disclosure - Settle already claimed that title. Sorry.

The problem with Eminem is he is so contrived and predictable. I don't buy into his image at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was not that bad. It was okay.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm liking the album a lot more on my second play through, the problem is that I hate half of his beats. Flow is straight, lyrics are great, half of beats overpower or clash with his lyrics.

As far as old rappers go, I like MMLP2 a hell of a lot more than Magna Carta.

But damn it all to hell if he doesn't in on 'Rap God'. Thats a song I've been waiting for all year.

good album. not a classic. but then the last classic rap album was like in early 2000's. i was pleasantly surprised.

The album is great, and do those who are saying it's horrible. Have you not heard 'Headlights' the raw emotion in that song is just so powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    so many haters in this thread lol, "his flow is shit", please....
    Agree, he's still got his spark and the lyrics in some of these songs are just so awesome. I think this may be his last album, or second to last.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

I like this album a shitload more than Magna Carta and Yeezus, This is probably the best we could ask for from a 41 year old rapper who has nothing left to say - And when you actually listen to the lyrics and stop comparing it to MMLP it's actually a really solid album
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Album of the year... mm A7X Hail to the King.

Kings of HipHop-- Outkast.
    I honestly thought I was listening to an AC/DC song I wasn't familiar with when I heard this album for the first time. Complete rip-off album. Worst sellout band ever.

Deleted
    Echoing the previous posters, Eminem is fucking shite.

Listen to Belle & Sebastian, Radiohead or The Smiths.

Hth