Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    It is bad game design in an MMO, it is basically an in-game welfare system, the perceptions he and yourself have are just as bad if not worse.

Lets see your game design degree please.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    It is bad game design in an MMO, it is basically an in-game welfare system, the perceptions he and yourself have are just as bad if not worse.
    different perspectives of different playstyles. one does not have to treat wow as the be all end all of life don't you know!!
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, hunter DPS in TBC:
    1. Spec BM.
    2. Bind 'auto/steady shot' macro to mouse scroll wheel
    3. Hit the 'big red kitty' button when you happen to remember to do so.
    4. Top charts.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
    Because macro'ing combat in pugs is totally a new thing, that no one has done before.

In all seriousness though, I had a three button macro for tanking for a year; that I used exclusively in pugs. #nohate
    2 button 969 Pally tanking in progression.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by MapleEve View Post
    If you really try this you will know why.
    You can always be heal rank top 3 just using this today in LFR.
    If you really plays LFR you will know that spamming one macro is easy there, for most of newbies.
    Sorry, but coming in at #3 out of five is average at best, and in my experience #3 HPS in LFR is usually pretty sad. Typically #1 and #2 account for 60% of the healing between them and 4-6 don't contribute much. As a resto shaman I always come in at #1 or #2 and I can tell you that the bulk of my HPS comes from stacking ascendance with healing tide and/or healing stream during heavy damage phases. That macro isn't going to do that for you.
    Last edited by Ronduwil; 2013-11-11 at 10:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by MapleEve View Post
    If you really try this you will know why.
    You can always be heal rank top 3 just using this today in LFR.
    If you really plays LFR you will know that spamming one macro is easy there, for most of newbies.
    The fights can generally be two or three healed and even at the third healer the performance is underwhelming and gets ever so more disastrous after that. It is still better than straight up AFK while still being a burden to the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I play LFR because I want to see the lore and acquire some decent gear before questing in the next expansion. I couldn't give a rat's ass about an epic raiding challenge that consumes half of my time. That's the point of LFR. Why complain?
    At this point LFR consumes about 10 hours of a players time which is about what my raid guild put into raiding in BC and others put into doing the harder modes in SoO or even a fraction of that for the more casual groups. You make it sound like you already put in over 20 hours a week in the game. Going into the next expansion gear will quickly get replaced and represent a blip compared to ones overall endgame time investment of the expansion. Not much gain will be made if your intent is to get a leg up on questing. This isnt BC going into WotLK.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-11-11 at 11:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    because that instance and tier gear in LFR was meant to reward players who put in effort and time. Now that you can see essentially the same thing in LFR, normal raiding feels less rewarding.
    Only tryhard scrubs care about that. People getting shitty loot doesn't bother me nor do I think it diminishes my normal/heroic gear and I love it for my alts.

Cry more, eh?
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!