Quick OC question

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new to overclocking. I've read some guides, and seem to have gotten it down pretty well. I just ran a prime95 test, and got a max temp of 85 deg on one core, the other three never got over 80. First off I find that weird that one would be so much hotter than the others, but secondly, is that a safe temp for an i7 3770K? I have it OC'd to 4.43 @ 1.50V, only using a CM 212 EVO. I know I could go higher with a better cooler, but I'm happy with 4.4 as long as it wont degrade the CPU.

Also on that note, what kind of temps could I push it to and still stay in a safe range?

10+ Year Old Account
    The temp is fine, however that voltage is reeeeeeeaally high. Like, I actually think that might be bumping up against spec max that might cause damage. Low is ~1.2, most people are in the 1.3 range. I never see people go to 1.4, let alone 1.5. You can probably knock that down a fair bit and keep 4.4ghz. My 3570K is 'high' at like 1.36v @ 4.6ghz. I'm also using an EVO.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    1.5v is THE spec max for these CPU's. It's way too high. Tone that crap down. Unless you want to create electromigration throughout the chip over time. (Aka, destroy the chip).

lol, see how new I am? I didn't have to change the voltage at all, it's sitting at 1.24 right now. I set it to offset mode, but didn't have to increase the voltage at all to make it stable, so I just left it at the default. I was reading the DRAM Voltage at 1.5 earlier. Kinda a big difference...