Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone else love Fervor?

I've been playing SV exclusively lately and I gotta say Fervor has become my favorite talent. Everything just feels smooth and awesome. Coupling it with blink strikes seems to kind of make up for the damage I lose not using dire beast due to it buffing blink strikes. Anyone else using using Fervor for pretty much every fight? Or am I just "doing it wrong"?

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah im only using fervor now and im switching out blink and amoc depending on the fight as well as glaives and barrage depending on fights

which fights do you go barrage?

Quote Originally Posted by Phildozer View Post
    Coupling it with blink strikes seems to kind of make up for the damage I lose not using dire beast due to it buffing blink strikes.
    Blink strikes and Dire Beast have no interaction. Blink Strikes buffs your pet's "basic attacks" which are their focus dump abilities such as Bite and Claw.

On topic: I do enjoy fervor, it's probably the nicest feeling of the three, especially when paired with AMoC.
    TotH can be fun with SV 4pc for a stupid amount of procs.
    Dire Beast I am not a fan of (pet pathing, lost attacks, GCD cost) but I do like the steady flow of focus.

Such a good tier of talents, so well balanced with their own feel and benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by mediic View Post
    Blink strikes and Dire Beast have no interaction. Blink Strikes buffs your pet's "basic attacks" which are their focus dump abilities such as Bite and Claw.
    I think what he means is Fervor + Blink Strikes = Dire Beast + Blink Strikes, due to Fervor essentially "buffing" the damage of Blink Strikes and offsetting losing the base damage from Dire Beast.

db hits pretty hard though i love db the most out of the three in that tier

db not syncing up perfectly with every bw as bm is somewhat annoying though

10+ Year Old Account
    Synergy wise I like all 3 for bm/surv. For sv I tend to go with blinks and fevor for more on demand burst, unless im bm then I go Db & toth on aoe.
    But I absolutley loathe all of them for marks.
    Casting fevor/DB with marks just feels like shit, and the procs from toth always seems to just fuck things over.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    I think what he means is Fervor + Blink Strikes = Dire Beast + Blink Strikes, due to Fervor essentially "buffing" the damage of Blink Strikes and offsetting losing the base damage from Dire Beast.
    Ah, gotcha. Fervor giving more pet focus for basic attacks and empowered 50+ focus basic attacks buffed from Blink Strikes. I misread, my bad.
    I don't think the increase would be very significant, AMoC will still do more damage in situations where you can make decent use of it but it's something to keep in mind.

Back on topic:
    This tier I've been changing between Fervor, TotH and DB on practically every attempt when learning bosses, to the point where I carry like 5 stacks of respec tomes in my bag. It's nice for some variety and finding which talent suits each fight best. The damage gain/loss between them is pretty negligable judging from sims and experience, except on certain fights. Switching talents like a madman is nice for finding which those fights are and which you're more comfortable with. I'd recommend it, tomes are cheap.

Oh, I'm sure someone out there will love me for this. Download this addon and you can make a macro that will update every time you change talents in that tier, so you can use one button for DB, Fervor, TotH and you don't have to drag it onto your bars each time, and for passive talents you will have the spell icon instead of an empty button. For some reason the wow macro system sucks at handling #showtooltip with multiple spells.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntMacroes.html
    (read the instructions)

I wanted to punch myself in the face when I realised there was an addon to do this. I hated having empty buttons and too many instances of "d'oh I forgot to drag barrage/crows onto my bar".
    Last edited by mediic; 2013-11-06 at 10:48 AM.

Oh, I'm sure someone out there will love me for this. Download this addon and you can make a macro that will update every time you change talents in that tier, so you can use one button for DB, Fervor, TotH and you don't have to drag it onto your bars each time, and for passive talents you will have the spell icon instead of an empty button. For some reason the wow macro system sucks at handling #showtooltip with multiple spells.
    (read the instructions)
    Used to use that one too - this one is better though.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/talentspellmacro

More customizable (can have more than a one liner macro - for example a double /stopcasting before all the spells in the CC tier - this is less relevant now, though).

Also: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/stealyourcarbon

If you want to carry less tomes but stay stocked on them. If you repair at jeeves with any frequency, this helps.

On topic though, if I had to pick a T4 talent I liked most (from a mechanics standpoint), it'd be TotH. Fervor is okay, but I enjoy cheap multishots.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    This guy knows what's up. Reading is fundamental.

fervor has always sim'd higher for me as sv. it's my fav of the three in that tier anyways.

I think that Fervor by far feels be best of the three talents that tier, but I'm mostly running TotH at the moment. I was happy to drop Dire Beast as soon as it wasn't significantly ahead as a DPS gain, it's just not as fun an ability in my opinion (though seeing all the different beasts you can get in various zones is a very cool feature).

I've been running Fervor on fights where I need bursts of damage, especially on adds, so for Dark Shamans, Siegecrafter (I solo the belt on normal mode), and H Immerseus. Otherwise, I go TotH.

I switch between Fervor and ToTH. I can't stand DB and the stupid pet AI in this game, at this point. If the boss is completely stand still like immerseus, I'll take DB just because you can't argue with the damage, but as BM I feel Fervor is just as competitive with the wild hunt uptime + 100 focus for yourself on most fights.

ToTH I find clunky as hell in SV, but okay in BM. The problem is I have this OCD habit of wanting to use up all the charges and it ends up screwing up my priority because you can essentially never use all the charges. Especially in a GCD-intensive spec like SV with all the LnLs and BA every 18s now.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I have this OCD habit of wanting to use up all the charges and it ends up screwing up my priority because you can essentially never use all the charges.
    Haha, I know that feel, it's just flashing and yelling at me to use it.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    well nice question

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    (read the instructions)

I wanted to punch myself in the face when I realised there was an addon to do this. I hated having empty buttons and too many instances of "d'oh I forgot to drag barrage/crows onto my bar".
    I think http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/talentswap does it best and easiest.

Deleted
    Is DB the most optimal choice of the two for BM? I want to try Fervor out because most of the time I do delay DB by a lot and seeing how Fervor is not on the GCD I might prefer it over DB if it isn't a big dps loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Surv Fervor is my go-to talent, but i have always found Dire Beast to be the best for BM. With the clunky T16 4 set the option to have instant Focus rather than ToTH and wasting procs due to LnL spam.

I hate it, i kinda wish it was passive if i am lower than 30-50 focus under. It trigger itself for me and pet. Why do we need extra button spell in our action bar?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    I hate it, i kinda wish it was passive if i am lower than 30-50 focus under. It trigger itself for me and pet. Why do we need extra button spell in our action bar?
    You don't want an on demand when burst is needed focus boost, you would just rather is be passive. Just seems boring as hell to me if you had it your way.