Poll: tankiest class

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What is the most tankiest class in pvp?

DPS spec though, not healer/tank. So what do you think is the tankiest, most hardest to take down ?

Probably warlocks, or warriors.

Deleted
    Warriors with second wind. Flippin' nearly impossible to kill them, even with popping cooldown >

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Warriors, followed by Ferals and Warlocks

Its pretty funny, if you think about, that Warriors has amazing mobility, very good sustained, very good burst, amazing defensive cds and on top of that awsome synergy with literally any class in the game

Thanks the new abilities every expansion, we got to a point that the only thing warriors missing is direct heal, in every other scenario, they could replace anyone in pvp
    Last edited by Darksoldierr; 2013-11-06 at 01:44 PM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Simme View Post
    Warriors with second wind. Flippin' nearly impossible to kill them, even with popping cooldown >
    This, for sure. Feral would be my next pick, but they have to actually play smart to achieve it, instead of having a passive invincibility.

Deleted
    Voted warriors because of the extra time they buy themselves with second wind, DBtS, wall, 2 reflects etc.

Demo warlock. More active and passive damage mitigation in PVP than actual tank specs.

Warrior.
    Plate + 25% Def Stance + Rallying Cry + Second Wind + Spell Reflect + Mass Spell Reflect + Shield Wall + DbtS = far, far too much.

I think it would be more interesting to ask what the squishiest class in pvp is.
    <inactive>

It is demo warlock hands down no competition. There is a reason that warlocks are flagged as tanks in RBG games and take the 50% increased damage instead of just 30%.

1.) They Soul Link a Void Lord and take 20% less damage while the void lord gets beefed up defenses and a ridiculous damage reduction shield.
    2.) They glyph eternal resolve to take 10% reduced damage from all sources passively.
    3.) They glyph for dark apotheosis which gives them the ability to be in demon form all the time reducing their damage taken by a flat amount.
    4.) Add defensive abilities like blood fear, dark regen, teleport, gateway, shadowfury, fear, howl of terror, curse of enfeeblement, etc.

The worst spec of the game to try to take down, but they also suck pretty bad at putting out any significant damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Warrior.

I think it would be more interesting to ask what the squishiest class in pvp is.
    Squishy with active defenses, Mage.

Just fucking squishee, Shadowpriest.

There we did it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simme View Post
    I seriously cant see the problem a lot of you have with second wind. It ticks when below 35% up untill 35% and it heals for ~8.9k (top eu warr has 455201HP*3%=13656-55%(BF)=7510+18.83%(PvPp)=8924 hp/sec).
    It healed for more last patch.
    Also do not pop all cds from start, save at least one of them for under 40%, just like you should in any class imho.

Quote Originally Posted by calimmacil View Post
    I seriously cant see the problem a lot of you have with second wind. It ticks when below 35% up untill 35% and it heals for ~8.9k (top eu warr has 455201HP*3%=13656-55%(BF)=7510+18.83%(PvPp)=8924 hp/sec).
    Also do not pop all cds from start, save at least one of them for under 40%, just like you should in any class imho.
    If that's all the warriors had as defensives you'd be totally right. Unfortunately we live in the real world where warriors can sit in defensive stance, shield wall, reflect, and die by the sword. (Hopefully not all at once as that would just make shadowpriests feeling's hurt.

Edit: I before E

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    If that's all the warriors had as defensives you'd be totally right. Unfortunately we live in the real world where warriors can sit in defensive stance, shield wall, reflect, and die by the sword. (Hopefully not all at once as that would just make shadowpriests feeling's hurt.

Edit: I before E
    He complained for second wind only and i've seen a lot complaining for second wind alone, that's why my post is for second wind only.

He complained for second wind only and i've seen a lot complaining for second wind alone, that's why my post is for second wind only.
    Complaining about one thing does not mean they think warriors are running around in battle stance never hitting defensive cooldowns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Complaining about one thing does not mean they think warriors are running around in battle stance never hitting defensive cooldowns.
    You are complaining just to complain, he moaned about sw (like a lot do), i responded for that. If you cant understand that then its your problem.
    But let me make it more clear for you: I am not responding to the thread, i am just responding to one guy complaining about sw only, that's all, period.

Deleted
    Warriors for sure, Def stance + second win(d), shield wall and DBS are insane with their damage.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-11-06 at 03:41 PM.

Wonder why DK has 2 votes.... 20% dmg reduction and self-heals that require melee range are too much to push through, I suppose.

feral and warriors

You can't afford to wait for popping cooldowns in mop for most comps. You need to pop cooldows when the enemy healer is in a long cc chain. That's being said you also have to damage through def stance and 4 other cooldowns warriors have.
    <inactive>

You are complaining just to complain, he moaned about sw (like a lot do), i responded for that. If you cant understand that then its your problem.
    But let me make it more clear for you: I am not responding to the thread, i am just responding to one guy complaining about sw only, that's all, period.
    And I'll try to clarify for you. Abilities are only as good as their synergy with a toolset. Saying that second wind doesn't make warriors that much better is like saying corruption doesn't make affliction warlocks that much better. Assuming all things equal in terms of defensives, which is hilariously incorrect, second wind takes warriors one step tankier IN ADDITION to their already impressive kit. It is a valid complaint to pick second wind to whine about as it requires no brain power to activate.

I don't see where I'm complaining just to complain. You entered in a thread about tankiest specs to complain about how second wind isn't all that good.