Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Like what? Outside of him shacking hands with Obama after Sandy, I have not heard anything negative about him. Not from the right or left. Let me know if I missed anything, I'm usually on the other coast.
    Salon's Christie rap sheet:

In his first term, Christie torpedoed a much-needed mass transit tunnel project, same-sex marriage and early voting. He vetoed a minimum wage hike. He vetoed legislation designed to eliminate the gender wage gap. He withdrew from a regional carbon cap-and-trade agreement. He killed a Jersey version of the DREAM Act and cut funding for women’s health services, including eliminating funding for Planned Parenthood. Remember how pissed everyone got when Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives tried to do the same thing? Many liberals seem to give Christie a pass for his antiabortion views that they’d never give a “red state” Republican. (This is maybe because he used to be pro-choice, meaning he made the exact switch on the issue everyone trashed Romney for making.)

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    In Saint Ronald's name, amen.
    let his gold trickle down upon us!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    I would like to see the percentage of voting age people that actually voted in the elections. 2013 being an off year doesn't surprise me that republicans do well, moreso the fact that more moderate republicans living in the northeast would be the biggest bloc that actually turned out.

The long term trends of voting in this country are still relatively the same, meaning older, majority white people vote in local and municipal elections in off years.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    So misleading.

A) The minimum wage hike veto was a half-truth. He proposed a compromise where it would be phased in over 3 years as opposed to slammed in all at once. The legislature declined and put their version through. He did precisely what he said he would do in that case.

B) Christie cut funding for the DREAM act and PP because he cut funding for practically everything. It shouldn't be pretended that anything was singled out. Frankly PP got off easy compared to the Police and Teachers.

C) He vetoed legislation designed to eliminate the gender wage gap mostly because no one believes there's a statistically significant wage gap between men and women once controls are implemented.

Frankly I think it's utter horse shit. There isn't a single dose of context in that entire rap sheet.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Actually he's done pretty much everything he promised to do that I can think of.

Fair warning, I couldn't be happier with the way he handles the public unions so that may eclipse anything he may have fallen short on. But rest assured none of it was as important to me as our ridiculous taxes.
    How he handled the public unions is his only noteworthy thing on the republican end. He essentially did a mini Scott Walker without a recall. So...Underwhelming.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    True republicans dont want a moderate. Pushing moderates is why they lost the last 2 elections. Half of the Republicans stayed home and didnt take the time to go out and choose the lesser of 2 evils and quite frankly they are tired of having that choice
    You know, that rhetoric makes a lot more sense now that I realize you guys think you didn't show up to the polls in the last two presidential elections. The truth is McCain maintained control of equal representation as Bush had done in 2004, but Obama swung independents in 2008. In 2012, Romney actually had one of the most impressive showings for swing state voting in Republican history, but Obama - despite actually losing some of the independent and youth vote he had previously relied upon - won anyways because the general population is shifting left.

The Tea Party is then, in my appraisal - a reactionary polarization to the right, by Republicans who are disturbed by a general left-shift in the overall US population.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Yeah right. He is so conservative that he installed the same bullshit healthcare system in his state that Obama rammed down our throats as a country. He is just as liberal as Obama. If he was a true conservative he wouldve left things the way they were. The very definition of conservative is no change
    Boy did you not get my point.

My point was not whether or not Mitt Romney was conservative. My point was that the idea that the only way to win elections is to find a hard right conservative is laughable and completely ignoring all of the polling and changing demographics of this country. Thus my statement -- keep thinking you need to keep shifting right to win...cause then you never will and we'll all be better off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    So misleading.
    For some reason the article won't come up for me, but regardless -- Christie's voting record and governing history is not moderate. If anything, what has been keeping him under the illusion of being a moderate is being in a relatively liberal state.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.