Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Instead of asking if they're both fake, what if they're both real?

Blizz has been saying "faster content" for two expansions, what if they announce two expansions at once, TDB first and WoD second, coming 6 mos after TDB? With monthly patches between.
    I would rather just have more patches with less expansions.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I would rather just have more patches with less expansions.
    Would set up annual pass #2 pretty well: "Pay for a year and get both expansions free!"

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Why hasnt anyone suspected that perhaps TDB is the name of a future patch? Why do all these trademarks have to be expansions/new games?

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Blizz has been saying "faster content" for two expansions, what if they announce two expansions at once, TDB first and WoD second, coming 6 mos after TDB? With monthly patches between.
    They say a whole lot of things but they prove time and again that they can't live up to most of them. And Blizzard speeding up their development processes is one thing that'll just not occur. Look at their history across several decades, look how exactly nothing has changed in the raid schedule from Cata to MoP even though they said they would get content out quicker - they are not able do this, no matter how many personnel they shove into it.

And then, think about what monthly patches would mean. Less content for each patch and a brutal gear curve that makes Vanilla and TBC gear-up look like playing Angry Birds. Evenbody would have to hasten through content so fast that essentially only LFR and world first guilds would stand a chance at keeping up. You need to give players a solid chance to see the content even if they are not top notch but still trying. Don't get me wrong this could be an endgame model in an entirely new game, but WoW's basically advanced too far with its own model for such a drastic change to happen now, people would simply reject it. I could see it happen with the community from 5 - 7 years ago but certainly not today.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    if the trademarks Warlords of Draenor & The Dark Below are fake trademarks that blizzard has put out to throw us off the scent, is that ethically okay by you or do you feel it is a bit deceptive?

I feel torn, because on one hand i feel it could be construed as for our benefit, giving the blizz con announcement some actual merit and surprise & fun..

but then on the other hand it's sort of like they have lied to us, or at least acted in a way that is not true. Which is not cool. If a major oil company lied to its customers people would be up in arms, but i guess for an entertainment purposes lies are okay? maybe not a good example but i think you get what i mean.
    I wouldn't be upset really b/c we have no choice in the matter anyway in what expansion is coming next. Blizzard knows the path they are going to take for the next few expansions already and they can do whatever they want. I would love for both of these trademarks to be false and it is something else completely. I think that would just add a bunch of excitement to the point I think people would be too busy wanting to know more about it rather than being upset blizzard tricked us all.

I have faith in Blizzard (oddly enough) in that they will do what is best for the game. We will only tell once Blizzcon finally gets here and I can finally shave my damn beard I have been growing for 3 months awaiting Blizzcon.

soooo..itchy...

soooo...itchy...

Deleted
    if the trademarks Warlords of Draenor & The Dark Below are fake trademarks that blizzard has put out to throw us off the scent, is that ethically okay by you or do you feel it is a bit deceptive?

I feel torn, because on one hand i feel it could be construed as for our benefit, giving the blizz con announcement some actual merit and surprise & fun..

but then on the other hand it's sort of like they have lied to us, or at least acted in a way that is not true. Which is not cool. If a major oil company lied to its customers people would be up in arms, but i guess for an entertainment purposes lies are okay? maybe not a good example but i think you get what i mean.
    From all the current possibilities I just really hope WoD is fake. I would rather play TDB than WoD.
    Hell, does anyone even care about orcs? Give me DH, remade outland and Illidan lore and I will be most pleased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    WoD is not fake.
    Settle down. Drink some tea. Have a biscuit.
    What kind of Tea & Biscuits ??
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    What kind of Tea & Biscuits ??
    Chai. Buttermilk.
    Life is good. (Why do we fight?)
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by SirAaron View Post
    From all the current possibilities I just really hope WoD is fake. I would rather play TDB than WoD.
    Hell, does anyone even care about orcs? Give me DH, remade outland and Illidan lore and I will be most pleased.
    It is not fake, the trademark has been filed across the globe.

10+ Year Old Account
    if
    They are.
    /10char

I may be wrong in this, but I'm pretty sure keeping things under wraps has less to do with teasing fans than you seem to think.

And with that, is it more wrong to put up a false trademark, or for you to be digging into things they're clearly trying to keep secret for a reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be okay with it, the only thing is I doubt they'd lose money over it. From what I've heard, you can't trademark something in NZ just for funzies; else you'd get a fine. NZ was the first place it was marked so I severely doubt they're throwing money away just to keep us guessing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    is it more wrong to put up a false trademark
    i assume legally it's okay to do this as well? either way it's fun to speculate. Surely blizzard isn't some nefarious company, but it is fun to speculate on what they do. If you had a massive franchise, genre defining game... surely you'd want to flex your muscles and display influence before an expansion.
    Hi

Deleted
    Don't be silly.

Although I don't think WoD is fake. I do believe it isn't anything to do with a new WoW expansion.

Haha no it's all legal & ethical. It's like a paid-for prank, for business/IP/PR advantage.

If people don't wanna get all torn up & feel 'caught' by a scheme.. then.. do your own research, be skeptical & just don't believe things until it's officially announced.. =/
    >>> And then.. <<<

Deleted
    One of the most ridiculous threads I have read on here. Sounds like a wind up. Come on, get a grip.

You would also have to ask, would you be mad that you are being lied to by MMO champ as well. They know what the next expansion is and what it is about, them endorsing WOD would be tantamount to a "lie" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SirAaron View Post
    So you're saying you'd rather play TDB than WoD, yet you and no one else knows ANYTHING about what either of those may or may not be, except for a name... how can you even make that decision, based on the name and acronym alone?

I understand you're basing it off of supposed content or the location, etc., but still.