Poll: Who is the best final boss of the 4 expansions

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up the best final boss of the 4 expansions

Im curious about this, we got 4 full expansions now, each one end with the big bad boss, you got Kil'jaeden, The Lich King, Deathwing, now we have Garrosh Hellscream. Who wins out beetwen these gentilmen? Who's your favorite??

I would say Arthas by leaps and bounds. I love Illidan as a character but you didn't really feel his presence in the game until you got to SMV. Arthas was in your face throughout all the zones and dungeons and you really felt like you were on a mission to end him from the minute you stepped off the boat. The raid was amazing, and the final fight against him was awesome. I still remember the first time that cut scene played you really felt awesome for achieving something and horrible for what happened at the same time. After that, fighting Deathwing's toenail was a sad joke.

Where's Illidan? He was the main baddie... Kil'Jaeden was just filler.

10+ Year Old Account
    (My Opinion here): Arthas just felt so much better because of the huge build up to his demise, and the emotional connection players had with a character (at least me, from WC3) was better than any of the others
    Favorite Owned Title: Champion of Ulduar
    Favorite Owned Mount: Ashes of Al'ar
    "Prisoners? Ha. With it bindings unshackled, its gonna' come after us, and we're going to be the prisoners" -- Brann Bronzebeard on Yogg'saron

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    Im curious about this, we got 4 full expansions now, each one end with the big bad boss, you got Kil'jaeden, The Lich King, Deathwing, now we have Garrosh Hellscream. Who wins out beetwen these gentilmen? Who's your favorite??
    Tricky question. Better lore? Better fight? Better raid? I never played the Warcraft RTS, so I don't have the emotional investment that a lot of people had in Arthas, but it was a good build up. I do like the way the Kil'jaeden fight went better though. I hated what they did with Deathwing and my god was everything involving Garrosh a huge fuck up. Most people will say Lich King. I am kinda torn between LK and KJ myself.

Lich King > Illidan > Deathwing < Garrosh

I'm not sure, but I think that Illidan was the final boss of the Burning Crusade.

Fighting with Garrosh is so downgrade to players, we fought with Deathwing, The Earth Warden, the Destroyed, we fought with Illidan, the Betrayer, strongest Demon Hunter, and of course the Lich King, probably the strongest being on the Azeroth(in WotLK times). And what we have now? An orc warchief... That's pathetic. I know he's "empowered by Y'Sharaaj", but everyone can be empowered by it's Heart... Not everyone can be Earth Warden etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only problem with Arthas is it made you feel just how powerless you really were. The fight was nothing but playtime for Arthas. Tirion is who stopped him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mercury View Post
    Only problem with Arthas is it made you feel just how powerless you really were. The fight was nothing but playtime for Arthas. Tirion is who stopped him.
    Arthas trolls with your souls. Unless you're a ginger. He lets those get grabbed by Val'kyr and thrown off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Where's Illidan? He was the main baddie... Kil'Jaeden was just filler.
    Kil'Jaeden just a filler wtf??? he is one of the main baddies in the entire lore together with archimonde, though he is not the main baddie of tbc, which is Illidan idd, but he feels more like a misunderstood character rather than baddie.

Though Arthas will by far win this, garrosh was somehow too rushed (he is even sitting in the warchief room in this patch, too approachable.), even though everyone didn't like him, thus a far better baddie than deathwing.

This is a very easy one. Arthas has had so much build up since Warcraft 3, and even troughout vanilla and TBC you still had to deal with his forces. The fight was also the most impressive.

I don't think Kil'jaeden is TBC's final boss, should be Illidan. They are both good seconds.

I didn't find Garrosh that impressive as a final boss, compared to Arthas and Illidan. He could've very easily been stopped if the Horde and pandaren opened their eyes sooner when they saw that Garrosh's forces were mining in the Vale

Deathwing is just a herp derp dragon in Cataclysm, while sadly he used to be so much more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    I would say Arthas by leaps and bounds. I love Illidan as a character but you didn't really feel his presence in the game until you got to SMV. Arthas was in your face throughout all the zones and dungeons and you really felt like you were on a mission to end him from the minute you stepped off the boat. The raid was amazing, and the final fight against him was awesome. I still remember the first time that cut scene played you really felt awesome for achieving something and horrible for what happened at the same time. After that, fighting Deathwing's toenail was a sad joke.
    I cant agree more. Thats exaclty how i feel about this

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the day, despite all the people that say Wotlk was too easy. Arthas as a Boss fight was in a league of his own especially in heroic. I still remember wiping over 20xs with my old guild trying to even get him to 25% on heroic. Also I was baffled the first time we downed him because I honestly thought he was so hard that we wiped at >10%. Seriously no other Boss in WoW has instilled genuine stress on me like Arthas did back in the day. Nowadays most of the bosses follow variations of different mechanics which thanks to many guides and videos you can easily master in the lifetime of the patch. Not saying Garrosh is easier or anything but he didn't leave the same impression Arthas did. I would also add M'uru from the Sunwell but in all seriousness he wasn't so much hard as he was insanely over tuned.
    Last edited by Fullmetal89; 2013-11-06 at 04:16 PM.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Crestt View Post
    (My Opinion here): Arthas just felt so much better because of the huge build up to his demise, and the emotional connection players had with a character (at least me, from WC3) was better than any of the others
    100% completely agree with you, the emotional tie and the lore surrounding Arthas was epic, remember the attacks on towns by the scourge even before the expansion? What an unbelievable expansion, everything to date has failed to hit the mark of the standard set by Wrath of the Lich King...

What of the new lich king though? Will we ever hear from him?

What about vanilla, Cumon AQ40 or NAXX where the true end boss raids.

Either an old god (who was horribly overtuned and still remains in the nightmares of anyone who raided against him back in the day)
    or
    A Kel'Thuzad ( the lore lich whose raid was amazing for the time it was released and was only entered by <5% of the entire playerbase)

These are what we call true end expansion raids

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again all the polling system is good for is showing everyone's wrath boner ^^^.
    "I intend to live forever."

Deleted
    As a fight, I'm voting for Garrosh. Lore included and it's Arthas.

Why even bother with this poll lol, Lich King is leaps and bounds ahead of the rest in terms of design, tuning and lore. Garrosh and Deathwing are both failures more or less because the fights aren't very well designed; and Kiljaeden was like lootship compared to Lich King.

Arthas yeah. Can only be him. He's the one expansion boss that's neither just "meh who was that again" nor "great god that stupid ***face again". Back in the day it really felt like you had a long and tedious journey behind you when finally facing him. And of course he was one of the best built-up villains in Warcraft, to a degree that seems impossible today. It's almost a shame we got rid of him - though an epic one I'll always fondly remember.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel the Deathwing could have been an awesome battle if most of the instance wasn't boring and the final two fights were actually more fun and not completely tedious :/
    So yeah I agree with most has to be Arthas, thought most of the raid was pretty fun he was a good fight with cool mechanics and definitely happy when i killed him. Can't say on KJ cuz I never was in a guild that got pass BT at the time.

Deleted
    Arthas
    mechanics, the lore, the raid, the build up in the expansion make him the boss I enjoyed the most.

Didn't get to Kil'Jaeden in TBC
    Deathwing was a HUGE dissapointment
    Garrosh, well I like the mechanics of the fight, I like the raid but no it's far worse than ICC