Poll: Who is the best final boss of the 4 expansions

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barowth View Post
    Arthas, no other end boss is even close.

Anyone who argues otherwise has no clue about this game.
    We can all agree on Arthas and that's for sure, but i wanted to know if there are bosses that captured your attention, like others pointed out, it could be you loved garrosh lore, KJ encounter, deathwing because he is a dragon, whatever reason you have.

i personally enjoyed Deathwing, during cataclysm a lot, i didn't knew him when he was revealed, but at the end of cataclysm i really liked him, maybe the encounte rwas easy, but the envrioment and the wasy he impacted the world was really felt to me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    What about vanilla, Cumon AQ40 or NAXX where the true end boss raids.

Either an old god (who was horribly overtuned and still remains in the nightmares of anyone who raided against him back in the day)
    or
    A Kel'Thuzad ( the lore lich whose raid was amazing for the time it was released and was only entered by <5% of the entire playerbase)

These are what we call true end expansion raids
    Expansion end boss. don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure vanilla wasn't an expansion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    Expansion end boss. don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure vanilla wasn't an expansion
    Exactly, i didn't ask for vanilla but of expansions

Deleted
    Arthas, just the whole build up to him was handled brilliantly through out the entire xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas, more character than the others >.< KJ only made rare appearances in both wow and warcraft, Deathwing was too busy with his unmaking of the worlds to talk to us + him seeing as insects didn't really help either... Garrosh wasn't all that menacing considering he is the leader of half the players of wow >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barowth View Post
    Arthas, no other end boss is even close.

Anyone who argues otherwise has no clue about this game.
    BS, just pure bs. Arthas (besides his great mechanics in his bossfight), is the first one that have been reached by most people. So it's not a surprise why he's so popular. I mean, everyone got him down, even the bankchars..... KJ is close, very close to Arthas if we are objective

Arthas was definately the best end boss based on lore/integration to the game alone even though majority of the ICC raid itself was extremely underwhelming.

Kil'jaeden is good second and the whole blood elf/Burning Legion plot was quite interesting to follow up throughout.

Deathwing and Garrosh share the spot of fucked up far, far below these two. Deathwing because he was reduced into unintelligeble large snake of Saturday-morning cartoons and Garrosh because the plot itself was braindead bullshit. Never killed Garrosh, but Deathwing fight was atleast somewhat interesting in design.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Illidan is the main antagonist of TBC, if you're gonna list Kil'jaeden's banishment back to where he came from at the end of TBC, you may aswell scrap of Arthas as the last boss of WotLK,... Because if my memory serves, the last boss of wrath was Halion from the Ruby Sanctum...

Anyhow... Imo, you gotta split up the ranking this, as some bosses work very lore from a story point of view, but just didn't deliver the good when it came to actual gameplay.

1) From a lore standpoint: Arthas > Deathwing = Illidan > Garrosh.

2) From a gameplay standpoint: Illidan > Garrosh = Arthas > Deathwing.

1) From a lore standpoint: Arthas > Deathwing = Illidan > Garrosh.

2) From a gameplay standpoint: Illidan > Garrosh = Arthas > Deathwing.
    I can't agree with that. From lorepoint, Garrosh was transformed in to a crazy cartoon badie, that's his lore in cataclysm: Roar roar, destroy, roar roar (fire fire!) Illidan has better development than Deathwing :S (with 3 or 4 quests only XD)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    I can't agree with that. From lorepoint, Garrosh was transformed in to a crazy cartoon badie, that's his lore in cataclysm: Roar roar, destroy, roar roar (fire fire!) Illidan has better development than Deathwing :S (with 3 or 4 quests only XD)
    i don't agree, back in tbc storytelling was awful compared to cata, Deathwing get the edge from that point of view in my opinion

Not even remotely surprised by the results.

Garrosh and the Lich King

10+ Year Old Account
    Penultimate bosses are so much cooler than end-bosses!!

C'thun
    Illidan
    Yogg'Saron
    Ragnaros
    Lei Shen

If kil'jaeden is end boss of TBC, halion is end boss of wrath. Filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    We can all agree on Arthas and that's for sure, but i wanted to know if there are bosses that captured your attention, like others pointed out, it could be you loved garrosh lore, KJ encounter, deathwing because he is a dragon, whatever reason you have.

i personally enjoyed Deathwing, during cataclysm a lot, i didn't knew him when he was revealed, but at the end of cataclysm i really liked him, maybe the encounte rwas easy, but the envrioment and the wasy he impacted the world was really felt to me
    My problem with deathwing was we don't actually fight him in close ocmbat. Madness was espeically shit encounter, kill some tendrils and that's all instead of kick big black dragon in his metal jaw. Not to mention lorewise fight was fucked up even. Aside from one joke quest in badlands they don't even use his humanoid form. Khadgar is not present during fight while back in second war Deathwing promised revenge on him. Also in "day of the dragon" he was able to mind controll all kings from Alliance of Lordaeron but in encounter there isn't anything releated to mind controll.

The Lich King, even his title is better than the rest...

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas, rest not coming close.... one word Defile.... brrr

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    My problem with deathwing was we don't actually fight him in close ocmbat. Madness was espeically shit encounter, kill some tendrils and that's all instead of kick big black dragon in his metal jaw. Not to mention lorewise fight was fucked up even. Aside from one joke quest in badlands they don't even use his humanoid form. Khadgar is not present during fight while back in second war Deathwing promised revenge on him. Also in "day of the dragon" he was able to mind controll all kings from Alliance of Lordaeron but in encounter there isn't anything releated to mind controll.
    That's what i wanted to hear, a good explanation , i get your point, i agree for some parts

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    I can agree with this to a degree. While I absolutely loved H Spine as a fight, I do think Madness could have been done better. Platforms and tentacles just didn't scream epic. Best part of the H Madness fight is when his head drops, but even then everything is too crazy to enjoy it visually, if that makes sense. It really would have been cool to fight him on the ground, face to face type for the last fight. I mean, it was epic as shit seeing him land on stormwind, how awesome would it have been to actually fight him like that?