Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Fine... but now since they removed all the caster-bias from arena maps they can proceed to remove all the millions of tools
    melees have to catch up and stick on their target 24/7.

Either that or revert the arena maps. They cant have both.
    the utility arms race has been melee vs mage, and not the other casters. once (never will be) that is fixed this problem will go away.

We need a new arena:

I suggest one that has lava where you can die when you fall in

So the op is upset because they changed the arena maps and thereby gave melee some balance against casters instead of leaving them how they were with ranged having a large advantage over melee. I think they made the right choice with the map changes. The way they were if you played a melee and got knocked off the bridge or platform and had to run around to the stairs in order to get back on your target, but if you were ranged and got knocked off guess what happened? You just stood down there and continued attacking your target until they were out of your range, that's a huge advantage to ranged. As to giving melee the gap closers they currently have that you want removed, I'll make you an offer you can take away the gap closers in exchange you have to give up the ranged mobility meaning when you want to attack you have to stand there and hard cast anything you want to use. You can keep your escape mechanics but you must stand and cast in order to attack hows that sound to you? I think that's a fair trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    All those RNG things are aids. In a competitive game the winner should be determined by skill not by luck.
    I'd be ok with arena maps having all that RNG jazz with tornadoes and stuff in skirmish matches or even in rated games up until 1800 or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    the utility arms race has been melee vs mage, and not the other casters. once (never will be) that is fixed this problem will go away.
    Wrong. Warlocks were the ones dominating Blade's Edge.

And right now, casters have more than enough ways to either peel melee, kite them, or tank them. The only caster that's not there is shadow priests and their problems are more than just melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'd be ok with arena maps having all that RNG jazz with tornadoes and stuff in skirmish matches or even in rated games up until 1800 or so.
    They sorta had that with the fire/pillars in Org. It didn't work out to well, like you said... fun at lower levels, just silly at higher. Losing because you RNG'd fear ran into fire is stupid.

As for Arenas, they had all those ledges before everyone and their mother had ways to knock people back. Now Shamans, Warlocks, Hunters, Druids, and Monks can abuse the Z Axis with knock backs or teleports.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    They sorta had that with the fire/pillars in Org. It didn't work out to well, like you said... fun at lower levels, just silly at higher. Losing because you RNG'd fear ran into fire is stupid.
    It's already RNG what combo you get when you queue, Arena will never be balanced, fair, etc etc and will always involve RNG in every aspect, might as well make the Arenas more exciting adding fire etc.

Deleted
    I think some FOTM warrior moaned to GC about having trouble sticking to an enemy for 100% of an arena match with no effort so they added steps n bridges n shit n said ere ya go fella enjoy ya glad title. much appreciation.

So glad they fixed that crap. "Map where bouncy guys autowin" is stupid. Note that there's no map where rogues auto-win, and the hunter auto-win map was taken out. These also needed to be fixed. Way too many teleport to portal / translucent monk, way too much explode back / whip back / typhoon back / storm back. It was never fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Casters do you mean people with a Z Axis exploiting ability? Because thats what the ramps really fight against, knock offs and teleports. Which non caster classes do have btw.

I get a feeling the OP is a warlock upset that he can't just port to completely negate CD usage by melee anymore.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Thats not what i was saying. I was talking about uptime and arena maps.

Since they remade all the maps to make it easier for melee to stick to their target they can now proceed to remove some
    of the tools melees have to catch up. They dont need both.

Before map-remake: Ranged had the advantage on many maps. Ranged > Melee

Between: Melee got a lot of tools to stick to their targets and some ranged abilities was nerfed to make it easier for melee
    to stick to their target Ranged = Melee

After map-remake: Melee have an easier time sticking to their target because of map remake AND keeping their new tools AND
    nerfs to ranged escape abilities. Ranged < Melee

Its simple. Either remove tools from melee, buff ranged utility or revert changes to maps.
    I see. You want an unfair advantage is all. Ok. Why didn't you just say that.

Melee have tools to catch up and get decent uptime on ranged. Ranged have tools to create distance and have constant uptime on melee. The maps are now more or less neutral in terms of which it favors. I see nothing ruined about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    It's already RNG what combo you get when you queue, Arena will never be balanced, fair, etc etc and will always involve RNG in every aspect, might as well make the Arenas more exciting adding fire etc.
    Blizzard attempted to fix some of that by letting you see the Spec of the other team and preparing your counter spec/glyphs in the countdown. So yes, there is some RNG in who you will face, but it's mitigated.

There's nothing to mitigate you winning because you feared the other team into a fire pit. It's just cheesy and I doubt any real competitive players would be happy with the fact they beat a good team because of luck.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfyre27 View Post
    So the op is upset because they changed the arena maps and thereby gave melee some balance against casters instead of leaving them how they were with ranged having a large advantage over melee. I think they made the right choice with the map changes. The way they were if you played a melee and got knocked off the bridge or platform and had to run around to the stairs in order to get back on your target, but if you were ranged and got knocked off guess what happened? You just stood down there and continued attacking your target until they were out of your range, that's a huge advantage to ranged. As to giving melee the gap closers they currently have that you want removed, I'll make you an offer you can take away the gap closers in exchange you have to give up the ranged mobility meaning when you want to attack you have to stand there and hard cast anything you want to use. You can keep your escape mechanics but you must stand and cast in order to attack hows that sound to you? I think that's a fair trade.

What are you talking about?... Ranged already do have to stand still and cast except for mages who just spam 80k icelances. Other than that warlocks shdowpriest and boomkins have to stand still. Ranged have abilities to get away from melee but melee have more abilities to catch back up to us.Warlock for example can teleport away vs a warrior the warrior in return herioc leaps 40 yards and is back on the warlock. the warlock teleport what does the warrior do? he intervenes his partner throws a banner down than charges that and is right back on the warlock who can no longer do anything to get away and oh yea good luck getting any real damage off vs a warrior..lol

Obviously warriors are the most broken but dks can double death grip affixiate pet stun etc. The only maps that catered to casters were Dalaran arena and blades edge. only maps where knock offs were viable that leaves Nagrand arena, tol viron ruins of lordaeron and the tigers peak all maps where melee have the advantage. Now tell me how is it anywhere fair for catsers at all now that melee have complete domination on all maps...

Deleted
    Melees were QQing about maps so blizzard caved in as they always do. They made maps better for melees.
    Now we just wait for next season and melee will be bad again and mages will once again be superior.

Circle of life...
    Except that mages already are superior, frost mages to be exact. Second most overpowered class atm. Statistics wise and actual gameplay wise.

Deleted
    Because arenas are supposed to be neutral and not cater to knockback/portal classes.

I get a feeling the OP is a warlock upset that he can't just port to completely negate CD usage by melee anymore.
    he is, and a 2.4k one. Which leads that he is not a noob but an ultra biased one.
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2013-11-08 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ramps were needed, especially since everyone got knockbacks and portals this expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. Warlocks were the ones dominating Blade's Edge.

And right now, casters have more than enough ways to either peel melee, kite them, or tank them. The only caster that's not there is shadow priests and their problems are more than just melee.
    not talking about z axis talking in general terms, which mages had no problems on that map as well.

the utility race is still the op melee vs mages, and traditionally the other casters either are playing catch up or get overbuffed in other ways (stupid damage, to many d cds, ect) which all tend to get nerfed, while mages tools for the most part always remain the same.