Just Scrapped in a GG Engineering kill, but not granted rank up progress.

As the title says, I just scrapped in a GG Engineering kill literally as the berserk went off. I died like 1-2 seconds later and didn't receive rank up progress, Would i be able to contact a GM asking him/her to grant me progress to the next fight or is that considered a failed attempt by them?

Just do the fight again. The game registered you as dying by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Gir View Post
    Just do the fight again. The game registered you as dying by them.
    Not easy to do with my gear level and being pushed into blood spec just to survive the ability the Gnome spams :P But Guess i'll suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthodax View Post
    Not easy to do with my gear level and being pushed into blood spec just to survive the ability the Gnome spams :P But Guess i'll suck it up.
    You have to survive. You're also not meant to cheese (yes, I said cheese) the fight by doing it in a tank spec. The right way is to have the gnomes shoot each other, and dodge the missiles before they hit the ground.

It's not meant to be easy, and the fact that you can do it in blood spec even at a lower gear level means that the encounter is way easier than it was originally tuned for.

Do it in DPS spec you cheat!

But yeah going again is the only real option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    You have to survive. You're also not meant to cheese (yes, I said cheese) the fight by doing it in a tank spec. The right way is to have the gnomes shoot each other, and dodge the missiles before they hit the ground.

It's not meant to be easy, and the fact that you can do it in blood spec even at a lower gear level means that the encounter is way easier than it was originally tuned for.

Well i got it on this attempt, so now hopefully i can progress on :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Do it in DPS spec you cheat!

But yeah going again is the only real option.

I tried frost spec but generally got whittled down by the time i reached 50% from the gnome bugger, Blood spec just seemed the best option to ignore the damage from the gnome :P

Deleted
    Well, you aren't meant to ignore the dmg. :P Good luck on later bosses though. Try to grasp the mechanics and go in dps spec, the farther you get the harder the dps check is.

I know a guy who didn't get credit on Hexos because he lost focus after the boss died and the maze killed him before he ported out. If you die in the ring, it's a loss, even if you take the boss with you. No choice but to do it again.