Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Is Balance in a Bad Spot for SoO?

    Just curious what everyone thinks right now with the current tier. I'm only 1/14H right now, so hoping to get a good sample of responses in how competitive balance actually is in SoO.

    Maybe it's just meter padding by classes with much better cleave than us, but this is the first tier in a long time that I feel like I can play really well and still not make the top 10 in dps on most fights.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    I do not believe that balance is in a bad spot. In most fights I am within the top 10, even the top 5 and my guild is 9/14h. We do very well with cleave when the targets will stay alive for the total duration of our dot's. Now when you look at consistent AOE, that's where we are lacking. There are some fights(Dark Shamans) where we can do some very good AOE burst on the slimes that spawn with hurricane right after we hit eclipse.

  3. #3
    Pandaren Monk Auloria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,946
    I'm pretty close to/sometimes at the top. We're 13/14.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.

  4. #4
    Not the slightest. Most fights are tuned well for Boomkins. Just as stated above, we lack consistent AOE.. but it's not like it doesn't exist. Hurricane is really good with massive amounts of haste.. if the stars align and you can manage hurricane with meta+ng+lust.. adds melt if they are stacked. It feels underwhelming to be with other classes that can deal with AOE very well, but no class should be perfectly rounded (kind of like warlocks are right now). We bring enough utility to a raid environment, that our single target dps alone is enough to be in a good spot, not even considering multi-dotting.

  5. #5
    10 man 8/14hm here. I can't complain much except for our sustained aoe. Do really good on multi dot fights (council, shamans, galakras) and I'm very useful on fights with high healing demands (I'm constantly going NV to help out), innervate my healers on cd, insta brez. Damage wise we're also pretty good on single target imo assuming there isn't much movement.

  6. #6
    damage-wise, utility-wise all good except for aoe which luckily isn't too important in seige. Mechanically it's became very frustrating. The difference between average damage and amazing damage literally comes down to the number of shooting stars procs - pure rng. Not only is the aoe damage mediocre but just compare the setup to any other class and the things balance druid has to do to pull off good damage compared to other classes its completely frustrating.

    IF i had the option to play lock or hunter I'd switch in a heartbeat, just way easier to pull off great damage.

  7. #7
    Boomkins are in a perfect spot, some classes need tuning down to our level (warlock) and others need buffing up to our level

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Boomkins are in a perfect spot, some classes need tuning down to our level (warlock) and others need buffing up to our level
    errybody needs to goml

  9. #9
    Thanks for the responses, guys. It's probably a combination of lacking gear (still rocking normal ToT trinkets) as well as our strats for some fights (plus warlocks). I'm sure I'll see some things change as we push further into our progression.

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Elunedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,345
    the balance druid in my guild did top dps on hc protecters (25man)
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

  11. #11
    I'm usually in the top few DPS in my guild, even while raid leading. I like how balance plays right now.

    This beautiful signature was done by Sugarpixie

  12. #12
    SoO is a very add-centered tier. That alone makes boomkins better than many other classes. The fact that we have a pretty easy time with movement now thanks to tonnes of starsurges just makes it better.

  13. #13
    Many classes' AoE should be toned down or hurricane tuned up and mana cost decreased.
    Warlocks being able to copy 3 dots that have snapshotted a 10 stack Black Blood of Y'Shaarj + Potion + Bindings proc + metagem + every other buff you can imagine during the inc, in just ONE global, thanks to Soul Burn: Soul Swap to multiple targets is game breaking (they can also refresh dots at 50% of their duration allowing them to benefit from every single trinket proc, while we have to refresh them at < 2 sec no matter when the trinket procs or our dps goes down).....all of that can be done while moving around the room.
    If they dot multiple adds their dps increases, if a boomkin dots too many the dps decrease because thanks to the "fix" to Shooting Stars we get less and less procs if we have too many moonfire/sunfire running.

    Imagine if you could have on demand Celestial Alignment every time you want to dot multiple adds or your trinkets proc...
    Well that's what a warlock can do right now.
    No surprise they are so much better than every other class in the game if properly played and boomkins no longer shines in multiple target fights.
    Last edited by Meldon; 2013-11-07 at 10:20 AM.

  14. #14
    Boomkins in raid are absolutely awesome dps if you know how to play them. <3 Doomkins

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    the balance druid in my guild did top dps on hc protecters (25man)
    Same here (10 man though). I raped everyone last week when I decided to say fuck with the mechanics (i.e. single targeting shit) and just went dot madness throughout the fight... Pulled 430k dps and rank'd 30th ish... Still using a normal ToT trinket and normal SoO weap... FYI, used treants... (so used to them treants I don't bother switching).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Meldon View Post
    Many classes' AoE should be toned down or hurricane tuned up and mana cost decreased.
    Warlocks being able to copy 3 dots that have snapshotted a 10 stack Black Blood of Y'Shaarj + Potion + Bindings proc + metagem + every other buff you can imagine during the inc, in just ONE global, thanks to Soul Burn: Soul Swap to multiple targets is game breaking (they can also refresh dots at 50% of their duration allowing them to benefit from every single trinket proc, while we have to refresh them at < 2 sec no matter when the trinket procs or our dps goes down).....all of that can be done while moving around the room.
    If they dot multiple adds their dps increases, if a boomkin dots too many the dps decrease because thanks to the "fix" to Shooting Stars we get less and less procs if we have too many moonfire/sunfire running.

    Imagine if you could have on demand Celestial Alignment every time you want to dot multiple adds or your trinkets proc...
    Well that's what a warlock can do right now.
    No surprise they are so much better than every other class in the game if properly played and boomkins no longer shines in multiple target fights.
    Yeah man, I've been messing around with my lock and i just find these things to be super annoying when I think about how it goes so easy for them... Its stupidly broken.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FissionZero View Post
    Boomkins in raid are absolutely awesome dps if you know how to play them. <3 Doomkins
    Not really if u got a similarly skilled played on a mage or lock.

  16. #16
    I gotta agree with most people here, we're actually in the spotlight atm. I'm in a 25M 11/14H Guild and I usually sit top 4, even on Iron Jugg, a single target fight, I come first or second usually.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    That's because all the DPS in your guild are complete trash.

    Balance is fine right now, obviously Warlocks are way ahead but I'd say Balance is in a close second for ranged DPS.
    If that's your opinion why are you typically sub-tenth - 15th on every fight ? w/ 570 ilvl

  18. #18
    Balance isnt in a bad spot, its just in a let-me-take-a-nap boring spot.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Meejum View Post
    Balance isnt in a bad spot, its just in a let-me-take-a-nap boring spot.

    I've played every ranged DPS at 90 and boomkin is by far the most fun. If anything is boring it's shadow priest. Don't understand how anyone can actually tolerate playing it.

  20. #20
    The Immerseus trinket + 4PC is a substantial DPS increase. Aim to get both of those ASAP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •