Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Ethereals will never be playable just because of the fact they can't wear gear. You can't really think they would look good in heroic or pvp gear.
    I didn't make this, credit to Kathranis.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I did some sketches last night of some potential Ethereal customization options. Might as well post 'em here.



    Customization options here are energy color, energy trail styles, energy trail color, bindings, and binding colors.


    And this was really lazily done, but I was thinking about the possibility of them having unique geosets for their different armor types, so that the armor would look completely different on them. Based on the same concept that allows armor to look torn up on Forsaken...



    Iit's kind of a crappy example since I just grabbed a random transmog look off google image search, but the idea is simple enough.


    Edit: Here's another I whipped up. Paladin.


  2. #22

  3. #23
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    The only problem i have with etherals is that by making them playable you take away part of what makes them cool, special & unique.
    it is a cost that is perhaps worth paying
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  4. #24
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Somewhere Far Far Away
    Posts
    127
    That Picture was so Power Rangers

    Go go mighty morphing ethereal rangers xD

  5. #25
    They will NEVER become a playable race ever. It won't work there too much stuff wrong to make it right. MARK THESE WORDS IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Phan View Post
    They will NEVER become a playable race ever. It won't work there too much stuff wrong to make it right. MARK THESE WORDS IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN
    I remember marking words of Pandaren never being playable at some point in the distant past...

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    That Picture was so Power Rangers

    Go go mighty morphing ethereal rangers xD
    So many colooors!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phan View Post
    They will NEVER become a playable race ever. It won't work there too much stuff wrong to make it right. MARK THESE WORDS IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN
    What wrong stuff?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    I remember marking words of Pandaren never being playable at some point in the distant past...
    Mark my words; Ethereal will never be playable. You don't PLAY an Ethereal. Once you choose one in game, the Ethereal plays YOU. #getetherealed

  9. #29
    I'd love to roll an Ethereal Tinker and name it Imhotech.

  10. #30
    Well, wouldnt be complicated i mean they only use wraps for clothing /armor. Still many mobs around the world use the same stuff and could be made new races so who knows right. About the worgen thing its kinda a bad example as they end up looking like any generic char. Not being able to fight using claws is like an archer not using a bow.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

  11. #31
    Personally I don't see a reason to add Ethereals as a playable race, nor would I want them to be. They are pretty solid as a neutral race. Traders who profiteer from war and the desires of adventurers to get better gear, that's what makes them interesting. Its pretty clear that the Ethereals only care about what benefits them. Joining a faction means they'll be controlled, ordered what to do and to throw themselves in harms way for a cause they likely don't care about. Do they even want the war between the Alliance and Horde to be resolved? They likely gain more from the war raging on, so why join a faction and alienate an entire faction from business?

    I don't have an issue with the way they may look as a playable race, because if they ever were introduced as one, Blizzard would redesign them so that they'd look much more appealing. But I don't see why we should take a race that is already interesting as a neutral one and then just slap a faction on them. But that's just my opinion.

  12. #32
    Legendary! Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,714
    Ethereals wouldn't fit because...you would hide everything that makes an Ethereal....Ethereal with the armor WoW uses.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Mark my words; Ethereal will never be playable. You don't PLAY an Ethereal. Once you choose one in game, the Ethereal plays YOU. #getetherealed
    Your words have marked me, friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    I'd love to roll an Ethereal Tinker and name it Imhotech.
    I lol'd hard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrllsbear View Post
    Its pretty clear that the Ethereals only care about what benefits them. Joining a faction means they'll be controlled, ordered what to do and to throw themselves in harms way for a cause they likely don't care about. Do they even want the war between the Alliance and Horde to be resolved? They likely gain more from the war raging on, so why join a faction and alienate an entire faction from business?
    What about Sylvanas' Forsaken and Goblins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Ethereals wouldn't fit because...you would hide everything that makes an Ethereal....Ethereal with the armor WoW uses.
    That's why the transmogrifier is an Ethereal :P

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Ethereals wouldn't fit because...you would hide everything that makes an Ethereal....Ethereal with the armor WoW uses.
    Well it happens to most races in game, including the worgen.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrllsbear View Post
    Personally I don't see a reason to add Ethereals as a playable race, nor would I want them to be. They are pretty solid as a neutral race. Traders who profiteer from war and the desires of adventurers to get better gear, that's what makes them interesting. Its pretty clear that the Ethereals only care about what benefits them. Joining a faction means they'll be controlled, ordered what to do and to throw themselves in harms way for a cause they likely don't care about. Do they even want the war between the Alliance and Horde to be resolved? They likely gain more from the war raging on, so why join a faction and alienate an entire faction from business?

    I don't have an issue with the way they may look as a playable race, because if they ever were introduced as one, Blizzard would redesign them so that they'd look much more appealing. But I don't see why we should take a race that is already interesting as a neutral one and then just slap a faction on them. But that's just my opinion.
    Of course you don't see it, hindsight is 20/20. While I agree it'd be hard to make them into a race (most likely neutral), they can create a story round them rather easily.

    "The Burning Legion is back in full force invading a newly-terraformed (via the Ethereals) Draenor, who have adopted their newly created wonder as their new home. Through years of bio-dome (Pauly Shore?!) research and waiting, they have reshaped Outland to a form remnant of Draenor, confirmed by the Orcs, Draenei, and others who remember/were told tales of it before the tragedy. Now that they've been living there peacefully with other races and taken charge of the care of the planet, this invasion of the Burning Legion has driven them to complete anger, especially with the employment of the Voidwalkers and other void creatures by the Burning Legion on the front lines. In this anger, though, they realize that in order to cull this new invasion, they'll need help, as their numbers and force are few. Knowing of the Azerothian interest in the threat, and their pact made after the events of the Burning Crusade, the Ethereals now enlist the help of both the Alliance and Horde in order to once again stabilize that which they've worked so hard to create and preserve."

    I wonder if Pandaren will crap their pants the first time they enter the Twisting Nether-engulfed Outland...

  16. #36
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,702
    While I do want Ogres and Arakkoa more, I wouldn't mind Ethereals either. Best case scenario would be that Blizzard really steps up their game and surprises us all by introducing 3 races: Arakkoa for Alliance, Ogres for Horde, Ethereals as Neutral. A man can dream

    Either way, as long as they don't steal the Ogres' spot I'm fine with them.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    While I do want Ogres and Arakkoa more, I wouldn't mind Ethereals either. Best case scenario would be that Blizzard really steps up their game and surprises us all by introducing 3 races: Arakkoa for Alliance, Ogres for Horde, Ethereals as Neutral. A man can dream

    Either way, as long as they don't steal the Ogres' spot I'm fine with them.
    Would you be pissed if they pulled a Blood Elves and made Alliance only good Ogres?

    I can just hear the sound of M. Night in the background going "twissttt."

  18. #38
    Mechagnome calmsea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Maine, US
    Posts
    719
    I doubt they'll make ethereals playable. They have no facial articulation to speak of, since they are energy shaped like a humanoid wrapped in bandages. Everyone would look nearly identical.

  19. #39
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Would you be pissed if they pulled a Blood Elves and made Alliance only good Ogres?

    I can just hear the sound of M. Night in the background going "twissttt."
    Uh, yeah. At least the Blood Elves have good reason to hate the Alliance, Ogres are already in the Horde, they're just not playable. I'd be especially pissed now since I'd think of M. Night Shamalamadingdong everytime I'd see them now.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Uh, yeah. At least the Blood Elves have good reason to hate the Alliance, Ogres are already in the Horde, they're just not playable. I'd be especially pissed now since I'd think of M. Night Shamalamadingdong everytime I'd see them now.
    Haha @ Shamalamadingdong

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •