Thread: Oh, Walmart...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    Other stores price matched a $600 monitor for $9? Show me
    No you show them walmarts price and be like I want it now, price match that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Didn't they have the EBT glitch also where people were cashing out carriages full of food?
    Could be in their POS or the Gov't DB they interface with.

It's possible they might have to honor those sales.
    That's what terms of use are for.

6. PRICING INFORMATION

Walmart cannot confirm the price of an item until after your order is placed. Pricing errors may occur on the Walmart Sites or through Walmart Marketplace retailers. Walmart reserves the right to cancel any orders containing pricing errors, with no further obligations to you, even after your receipt of an order confirmation or shipping notice from Walmart. Walmart may, at its discretion, either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. Pricing for products may be different on the Walmart Sites or from prices available in Walmart stores or on Walmart mobile applications (pricing and availability remain subject to confirmation at checkout for mobile users).

It is important to note the following: (i) our physical stores do not honor Internet prices or competitor advertisements from outside of a physical store’s local trade territory; and (ii) our Walmart.com e-commerce site does not price match with any other online or offline retailer.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I'm sure that's what people are saying, but I highly doubt anyone is actually getting anything.
    I think you're correct. Ironically, Wal-Mart stores don't price match walmart.com lol

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    Other stores price matched a $600 monitor for $9? Show me
    People tried price-match at Targets and Best Buys. Now, there are probably some edge cases where a manager was literally an idiot and accepted the price match. But, the majority realized there had to be some sort of fluke and refused it.

Didn't they have the EBT glitch also where people were cashing out carriages full of food?
    That's a little different. It had nothing to do with the stores supply system, it was the EBT cards having no purchase limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    That's what terms of use are for.

6. PRICING INFORMATION

Walmart cannot confirm the price of an item until after your order is placed. Pricing errors may occur on the Walmart Sites or through Walmart Marketplace retailers. Walmart reserves the right to cancel any orders containing pricing errors, with no further obligations to you, even after your receipt of an order confirmation or shipping notice from Walmart. Walmart may, at its discretion, either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. Pricing for products may be different on the Walmart Sites or from prices available in Walmart stores or on Walmart mobile applications (pricing and availability remain subject to confirmation at checkout for mobile users).

It is important to note the following: (i) our physical stores do not honor Internet prices or competitor advertisements from outside of a physical store’s local trade territory; and (ii) our Walmart.com e-commerce site does not price match with any other online or offline retailer.
    I didn't mean by law, I meant to save face.

Quote Originally Posted by proteen View Post
    People tried price-match at Targets and Best Buys. Now, there are probably some edge cases where a manager was literally an idiot and accepted the price match. But, the majority realized there had to be some sort of fluke and refused it.
    Every time you do a price override at Target, it gets flagged by security. We had a few employees fired when I worked there in HS because they sold iPods to their friends for $20.

- - - Updated - - -

Wal Mart don't give a fuck. They have $$$.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    That's a little different. It had nothing to do with the stores supply system, it was the EBT cards having no purchase limit.
    Ah, so the government DB it is.

Yeaaaaah...the Waltons give less than zero fucks.

Deleted
    doubt they will honor them, i remember Tesco here a few years back put a £600 TV on for £60, loads of people bought it but Tesco just cancelled it .

Deleted
    It's possible they might have to honor those sales.
    Doubt it. I would have bought shittons just in the very small chance of actually receiving said items. But I'd expect the order to be cancelled.

For me it would be like a free lottery ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same thing happened with Staples a few weeks back. 72 packs of Copic Markers (retailing ~$550) were available for $15. People flocked to buy them, then were ENRAGED when Staples wouldn't honor the mistake.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The same thing happened with Staples a few weeks back. 72 packs of Copic Markers (retailing ~$550) were available for $15. People flocked to buy them, then were ENRAGED when Staples wouldn't honor the mistake.
    whatever the price is advertised, that's the price of the agreement between purchaser and seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    whatever the price is advertised, that's the price of the agreement between purchaser and seller.
    The price of agreement doesn't come into play until the transaction is complete.

The point of 'completeness' for web orders is when it's shipped to the customer or picked up in the store. In the store the sale is completed at the point of sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Retail Stores have the right to refuse sales.

If I already paid for it then its mine and my property. They cant just refund the money and take my item back... sorry walmart... this is just a loss...

Quote Originally Posted by Zalavaaris View Post
    If I already paid for it then its mine and my property. They cant just refund the money and take my item back... sorry walmart... this is just a loss...
    Until the item is in your possession no, they're not obligated to do shit other than refund your money.

In the case that you've already picked it up at the reduced price and were made aware of the mistake after the fact, it's pretty much theft at that point.

Like giving someone $5 for a $10 bill and then leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalavaaris View Post
    Uhh...no. Until it's in your hands, they can just refund the money and not give you the item.

Haven't seen any pictures posted about the monitors yet on 4 chan mostly just video games and tv's that people got so far.
    http://i.imgur.com/O070ULVl.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/swFT0y3l.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/c6BdnLWl.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/jZ6wr58l.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/UXCdSECl.png
    Last edited by Yami; 2013-11-06 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The price of agreement doesn't come into play until the transaction is complete.

The point of 'completeness' for web orders is when it's shipped to the customer or picked up in the store. In the store the sale is completed at the point of sale.
    well that's just bull then if the buyer doesnt know until it's too late then the system is fucked