Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Does anyone else feel that WoW REALLY needs

More environmental easter eggs?

I mean I cant be the only fan of this stuff in video games!! It makes the world more enjoyable to explore. Theres a certain feeling when you come across something like these.

Vanilla had the most environmental eastern eggs from the IF airstrip, Badlands Conan Crypt, Tauren Village under Silithus.....this stuff is actually a very nice time-sink. I feel that BC, WotLK, Cata, and MoP really lacked these.....the only thing I can recall is the Karazhan smiley face/crypt.

And I also dont mean NPCs, I mean literally exploring and finding something fixed into the scenery or environment.

Deleted
    Meh. Funny once or twice, easily forgotten. It also breaks immersion quite a bit.

Easter eggs lol? It's all about the epic meme references friend :^)
    Last edited by Swiftygod; 2013-11-06 at 08:38 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't really call those thing easter eggs. Considering, at one point in time, you would get banned for going to any of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamoot View Post
    I wouldn't really call those thing easter eggs. Considering, at one point in time, you would get banned for going to any of those.
    Only the airport was technically out of game boundaries. How were the rest bannable offenses?

It's not like it used to be when it took some sort of effort or tactic to get to an area you couldn't normally and see special things. Nowadays, it'd be more like "oh, that's kinda cool" as you continue flying to whatever it is you were really going to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Meh. Funny once or twice, easily forgotten. It also breaks immersion quite a bit.
    There IS no immersion in WoW right now, and arguable the highest level of immersion was in Vanilla and BC. Im not saying there is a direct correlation to what Im suggesting, but I am saying that you can't really say it breaks immersion either.

This shit was all over Pandaria. There were hidden treasures and monsters all over the damn place. The Timeless Isle was pretty much built on this concept.

It's just that the vast majority of people don't care about hidden stuff unless there's an actual reason to go there and if there is a reason to go there then it fails to remain hidden for long since there's guides all over the place of how to find everything.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    This shit was all over Pandaria. There were hidden treasures and monsters all over the damn place. The Timeless Isle was pretty much built on this concept.

It's just that the vast majority of people don't care about hidden stuff unless there's an actual reason to go there and if there is a reason to go there then it fails to remain hidden for long since there's guides all over the place of how to find everything.
    I don't think you know what easter eggs are.

I'd like some zones that have actual seasons, to be honest. Not necessarily old ones as that'd take a lot of work, but new ones for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharazi View Post
    It's how the Easter Bunny reproduces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    There IS no immersion in WoW right now, and arguable the highest level of immersion was in Vanilla and BC. Im not saying there is a direct correlation to what Im suggesting, but I am saying that you can't really say it breaks immersion either.
    A little bit, not much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I'd like some zones that have actual seasons, to be honest. Not necessarily old ones as that'd take a lot of work, but new ones for sure.
    DEFINITELY! A season-system would be GREAT for WoW.

I don't think I care what definition you're choosing to use, I am responding to the OP.

Doesn't need them, but it's neat to see them. Arguably breaks immersion for some, I enjoyed the Lost Hatch and more obvious references such as Zelda/Donkey Kong refs in Ungoro. Random villages/airstrips/kara crypt are kind of neat too, I suppose that's more what is being talked about.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    we need ogres fuckkk

I used to love this stuff. It really made the game for me. Exploration and finding these gems was like christmas morning at times. Jumping over the Silverpine Wall, Glitching into the emerald dream, hyjal, Wall walking into AQ before the gates opened. To see the world, and to explore it, and grasp its secrets, that's what really made vanilla for me.

Now though, so many years later with flying mounts and such, the exploration is there at times, but not like it used to be. I'm also a different player than I was back then, so, could just be me.

So yeah, I'd like to see more. Even if I don't get that same rush that I used to.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    we need ogres fuckkk
    Um.

*blink*

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I don't think I care what definition you're choosing to use, I am responding to the OP.
    Except he's not talking about what you think he's talking about.

Except he's not talking about what you think he's talking about.
    Feel free to explain at any point.