Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    What about a modified Mark of Blood from the Alpha tree?

1 Blood Rune (or maybe cost nothing with a higher CD), 1 min cooldown:
    Places a Mark of Blood on an Ally. Whenever the target is healed, all party or raid members receive a fraction of that healing. Each person can be healed for % of maximum health. Lasts 10 seconds.

Would be a nice "true" raid cooldown for DKs that isn't a talent like AMZ.

Something a bit different to "just" a new damaging ability.

If Unholy wanted a new AoE, bring back Wandering Plague, or what about Gargoyle Swarm on a short cooldown?

A swarm of Gargoyles flies overhead and bombards the target area with Shadow damage for x seconds.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-10-15 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    How is an aoe silence for DKs unique? Warriors and Druids both have an AOE silence...

I don't know why you would ever want to remove Asphyxiate. It has a lot of uses in PvE and is a lynch pin in PvP.

@Stoker, no point in having Gorefiend's target yourself when you can just macro it. Allowing it to target other things can be incredibly useful. Gripping all of the adds to a Monk's statue in a PvE encounter is pretty clutch.

Maybe they will give us Defile on of these days lol. I'd much rather see a summonable Valk though. Maybe one that heals as blood, maybe even raid wide healing for an actual raid CD, and maybe a damage dealing one for dps specs.
    Neither of those are aoe silences.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post

-Snip-
    Maybe they will give us Defile on of these days lol. I'd much rather see a summonable Valk though. Maybe one that heals as blood, maybe even raid wide healing for an actual raid CD, and maybe a damage dealing one for dps specs.
    yeah DK's should get a Valk like pallys have a guardian, Blood heals or gives us shields as it attacks, frost/unholy does frost/shadow dmg based on spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since they do seem to be giving us a lot of LK abilities, Defile would be pretty cool, even if it was just a minor glyph for DnD or something to change the animation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    yeah DK's should get a Valk like pallys have a guardian, Blood heals or gives us shields as it attacks, frost/unholy does frost/shadow dmg based on spec.
    ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz. I can't think of anything more boring. You really just want a re-skinned Paladin spell? When DKs have a huge arsenal from alpha and beta that no longer exists but could be brought back?

Corpse Explosion - make it an actual AoE instead of just a cosmetic.
    Wandering Plague - works as in Wrath. Causes diseases to "detonate" on a short ICD/proc or make it an ability you can press.
    Gargoyle Swarm - works as in Alpha. Ground targeted AoE where a swarm of mini-gargs blasts the area.
    Mark of Blood - works as in Alpha where % of heals are copied and spread across raid OR a debuff on boss that causes attacking allies to be healed.
    Frozen Dreadplate - buff on the DK that causes stability (CC immune) or alpha version that causes attackers to be snared/frozen.
    Hungering Cold - Cone AoE. Probably too similar to Howling Blast. Also appears that this eventually became Remorseless Winter so maybe not...
    Deathchill - Increases critical strike with abilities for x seconds.
    Frozen/Unholy/Bloody Runeblade - imbues your weapon with the power of (insert spec flavour) and causes an effect based on your spec. Medium length CD, 15-20 sec duration.

Deleted
    ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz. I can't think of anything more boring. You really just want a re-skinned Paladin spell? When DKs have a huge arsenal from alpha and beta that no longer exists but could be brought back?
    To be honest, I do think we lack in the visual effects department.

Paladins do get to summon a nice guardian, wield ashbringer and throw friggin' hammers of light everywhere. Even their sprint move has a nice effect while Death Advance does next to nothing.

We're visually boring. DnD and Icebound Fortitude must be the only two cool things we have. I sincerely believe DKs need a lot of work in terms of visuals and mechanics. Everything feels outdated and old.

I'd like to see more fights next xpac that allow us to utilize Dark Sim in a noticable way. The shammies in SoO are a nice lil' treat, but aside from that this xpac has been slim pickings.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Neither of those are aoe silences.
    If you want to get nitpicky over wording, be my guest, but the fact is both abilities effect more than one target in an area and stop casting in someway. That was the point.

Most of my problems are with our talent system. I think gameplay/mechanics-wise we are in a good spot, with a few exceptions.

1- Remove the rune regeneration tier. Complete waste of talents. Make RE baseline and, as someone suggested above, but have BT and RC as glyph choices.

2- Better damage CDs. We don't have any decent 3min/5min CDs. I'd like to see ERW and DRW combined into one ability that refreshes all runes summons a rune-weapon that mirrors 25% of the DK's damage, for 20 seconds on a 3min CD. AotD CD reduced to 5 minutes.

3- Mobility/snare talents need to be separate from CC/anti-CC abilities.

Deleted
    more mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Most of my problems are with our talent system. I think gameplay/mechanics-wise we are in a good spot, with a few exceptions.

1- Remove the rune regeneration tier. Complete waste of talents. Make RE baseline and, as someone suggested above, but have BT and RC as glyph choices.

2- Better damage CDs. We don't have any decent 3min/5min CDs. I'd like to see ERW and DRW combined into one ability that refreshes all runes summons a rune-weapon that mirrors 25% of the DK's damage, for 20 seconds on a 3min CD. AotD CD reduced to 5 minutes.

3- Mobility/snare talents need to be separate from CC/anti-CC abilities.
    Pretty much all of this. I'd love if they could differentiate 2h Frost from DW a bit more (maybe give 2h Frost some more hard hitting abilities and give DW Frost some quick little things to throw in the rotation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    For unholy dks, death coil causes the primary target and all targets within 10 yards to immediately take x% damage of any of the death knights diseases as additional damage. Small single target dps increase and a moderate aoe dps increase via runic power.

General
    • Have Death Pact automatically Raise Dead if used when it's not up, saves mashing a macro. Not needed but just a thought.
    • Do something with Army. I like having an Army, but when someone fucks up a pull, we have to cancel a pull or anything like that it's completely wasted. Not to mention the cast time and rune cost for a 10m CD. I'd prefer it being nerfed into Stampede 2.0 if it's instant/free.
    • ERW down to 3min CD or so, and nerf slightly to bring it in line. I've had Galakras' trinket (3.52m) for a while now and I'm still not used to using it much, but 5min is pretty over kill. I don't want to get used to it and then go back to not being able to use it in 6.0.
    • Make Death Siphon and Conversion useful, i.e. not nerfing our resources to the point where nobody will ever take them outside of PvP/specific situations like the ZG one-shot boss pre-fix.
    • AMZ baseline. Haven't specced out of it since the change since it's actually decent for most fights with magic on now, no longer either shit or awesome.
    • Soul Reaper. Make it worth using. Sub-par "execute" damage, essentially a 5second wait, and very short rune-regen buff which wears off before you can hit anything else if you're just out questing or something.

Mobility
    • Make Death's Advance and/or Unholy Presence run speed default and passive for all specs.
    • Make Death's Advance an actual sprint.
    • Glyph Death Grip and have it reversed.

Blood
    Whilst I love the mechanics of Blood we need an overhaul of some-sort. Death and Decay, Blood Boil and Scarlet Fever's application (i.e. Plague Strike) shouldn't also cost us our runes that we need for Death Strike. 30s CD Outbreak helped but they reverted that, the Glyph to make it cost RP just isn't going to happen imo, especially when a lot of the time we want it up ASAP.

DPS
    Taunt for DPS. Why the fuck they removed it and kept it for other non-tanks is beyond me.

I love Frost and it's bursty/cleavy nature via HB, but it's not so fun when you don't want to AoE. Either go back to IT single-target and HB AoE, or make it so IT "Howling Blasts" automatically, but only to targets with your Blood Plague on within 10 yards of your IT target. Also gives you reason to spread diseases again as Frost. Either that or make it clear that for Frost you use Oblit single-target and make HB literally for AoE only otherwise DPS loss, I'd miss DW Frost as it stands now, but it's just annoying to get crap balance and scaling.

Do something to make Frost more interesting, e.g. when you Frost Strike it gives you a buff that stacks up so that when you Oblit it deals a big chunk of damage, or even similar to the Frost Mage mastery Icicles, so that it's not just "oh shit I'm rune-capping / Bleh, UH runes suck".

I don't really play Unholy enough to talk about making changes, but I have always hated having a pet which can die and such - but I doubt that will change.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-10-15 at 11:59 PM.

Deleted
    An AoE Runic dump and Wandering Plague back. Make CoI grant death runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    Control Contagion - Removes one disease/curse from yourself and returns it to the original caster.
    I hear the people crying already ... Jesus christ, pvp will be hellish

I'd love if they could differentiate 2h Frost from DW a bit more (maybe give 2h Frost some more hard hitting abilities and give DW Frost some quick little things to throw in the rotation).
    No. Make DW and 2h frost play the same again, and do this:

DW and 2h different playstyles removed:
    [/B]- Treat of Thassarian now makes all weapon strikes hit with both weapons(No other bonuses from it).
    - Might of the Frozen Wastes increases all melee damage by 15% (No other bonuses from it)
    (No other bonuses from it).
    - Obliterate damage increased to 300% weapon damage (up from 250%). No longer deals more damage on diseased targets, but instead ignores 20% armor per diseases on the target.
    - Frost Strike damage increased to 175% weapon damage (up from 115%).
    - Howling Blast damage stays the same, but Rime increases Howling Blast damage by 30%. This will remove the Howling Blast spam for DW, but it wont be as huge dps-loss for 2h (as it is now) if you use it over Obliterate at times. Obliterate should be favored over HB for DW as well on single-target, while Rime increases it's damage which will make DW use it as well. This will remove the over focus on Obliterate for 2h, giving 2h more rune.freedom espesially in pvp, while DW will use some Obltierates as well.
    - - - Updated - - -

As our senior PvP designer Brian Holinka tweeted over the weekend, we've got some pretty solid goals for the future regarding crowd control. We do think it needs to be toned back a bit, both in the amount of CC effects available and in how frequently they can be used.

That said, CC is still an integral part of World of Warcraft PvP. Dealing with it intelligently, both in choosing when to use your own CC as well as reacting to opponent CC's, does have strong gameplay value.
    Hopefully this means the removal of many CC's added in MoP like Paralytic Poison, Mighty Bash, Asphyxiate, Blinding Light, turn evil (talented), succubus (and empowered succubu) pet, Treant CC's, some hunter CC's... and so on...

The game had enough CC's in Cataclysm, but then everyone started whining about "give me that because x class has that and i wat it too"" and stuff. MOP made classes even less unique by making the new talent system, but even more by giving all classes everything. It's stupid! classes should be unique! x class shouldn't have x skill just because another class has it! it's stupid!

If you really want x skill then roll the class that has that skill!

Now's my chance to post my newest one! mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot.com/talentgridmaker?theAction=view&gridId=760001

* diff account than before I think

Deleted
    Please give us some sort of mobility, the argument that we have 1-2 ranged abilties doesn't justify our lack of mobility at all. How about something where we skate on ice or use our ice to launch us forward.

I want a way to manually pop my blood worms. Would be a great way to add some on-demand raid healing while the group is forced to be stacked.