Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Question With MoP winding down what new abilities would you like your DK to have next xpac

Been playing my DK since Cata and I really enjoy the class a lot but starting to get kind of bored with it. Was wondering what new spells would you like DKs to have next xpac.

normal taunt back for dps.

a 3 mins cds or change empower for something better............5mins cds should destroy the meter like warrior.Rune system need to change like we need the same haste as ret pally for be cap in haste not 10k.Make lust better for dk our burst at pull is below everyone.
    come check my stream 2.4k rating this season dk unh pve/pvp warlock,mage,rogue

www.twitch.tv/gabynator

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a whole lot, unless they find something that I can't think of. Honestly the DK toolset is pretty good and refined, lots of options.

Mechanically is where we really need help. Some stats just behave strangely or don't scale very well with certain specs. Our resource system in general is so very very outdated making haste a really weird stat.

Control Contagion - Removes one disease/curse from yourself and returns it to the original caster.

I've always thought Unholy/Blood DKs could use an AoE that costs RP (can't comment on Frost).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    a 3 mins cds or change empower for something better............5mins cds should destroy the meter like warrior.Rune system need to change like we need the same haste as ret pally for be cap in haste not 10k.Make lust better for dk our burst at pull is below everyone.
    This. Empower Rune Weapon feels VERY lackluster for a 5-minute cooldown. It should be 3 minutes or come with a second damage-boosting bonus to make it more formidable.

Death Knights also need to be less samey throughout specs, as all specs feel very similar; all of them have the same diseases, two strikes and a rune-restoring RP dump, with the biggest differences manifesting as cooldowns. Talents also need reviewing, and a some of the talent tiers feel incredible lame compared those of other classes, particularly the Lichborne and choose-your-rune-regen tiers. The rune regen tier, in particular, feels like a bit of a cop-out and I'd rather take a predetermined regen method for my spec if it meant that I got a more interesting choice for that tier. It'd also be nice if we got a tier with a DPS cooldown, like a lot of other classes seem to have.

It'd also be nice Death's Advance stopped roots. It feels so bad compared to Hand of Freedom, and the passive 70% minimum move speed doesn't really help very much in PvP. You're not catching anyone moving at 70% speed, and even 100% is iffy if you're going after a ranged character.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2013-10-14 at 04:59 AM.

Deleted
    I'm not sure we need new abilities.

Most of the things that annoy me are actually related to the way our talent tree is built. Mobility competing with crowd control, raid utility with personal cooldowns, rune regen tier coming too late during leveling, etc. Well, to be fair, the whole rune regen tier should probably go away entirely, it's using a lot of talent space for nothing.

The whole tree needs to be reworked and some stuff should be made baseline, because at this point, I still don't want to spec into AMZ as blood. It's way too hard to use, being so small, short and stationary, compared to Purgatory which is a fantastic tool for progression.

I do think there are a few things that could be buffed here and there, mainly our PvE mobility, and old, outdated mechanics that either need to go away completely or change, because sometimes, I feel we still have a foot stuck in the middle of WotLK.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2013-10-14 at 10:06 AM.

Bring back Wandering Plague lol

DW and 2h different playstyles removed:
    - Treat of Thassarian now makes all weapon strikes hit with both weapons(No other bonuses from it).
    - Might of the Frozen Wastes increases all melee damage by 15% (No other bonuses from it)
    (No other bonuses from it).
    - Obliterate damage increased to 300% weapon damage (up from 250%). No longer deals more damage on diseased targets, but instead ignores 20% armor per diseases on the target.
    - Frost Strike damage increased to 175% weapon damage (up from 115%).
    - Howling Blast damage stays the same, but Rime increases Howling Blast damage by 30%. This will remove the Howling Blast spam for DW, but it wont be as huge dps-loss for 2h (as it is now) if you use it over Obliterate at times. Obliterate should be favored over HB for DW as well on single-target, while Rime increases it's damage which will make DW use it as well. This will remove the over focus on Obliterate for 2h, giving 2h more rune.freedom espesially in pvp, while DW will use some Obltierates as well.

1 new skill for Frost

Deathchill(brougth back and redesigned):
    45 sec CD
    Empowers your next skill, removing the cost and grants it additional effects:
    - Obliterate knocks the target back
    - Frost Strike freezes (deep freeze) the target for 3 sec
    - Howling Blast deals primary damage to all enemies and also infects them with blood plague
    - Death Strike heals you for 20% of your health
    - Chains of Ice effects 3 nearby enemies
    - Icy Touch (if glyphed) becomes a placeable aoe skill, dispelling 2 benefictial magical effects from enemies within 10 yards.

Talent changes:
    Hungering Cold (replaces Remorseless Winter)
    1 min CD
    same as in Wotlk, but has a 1 sec uninterruptible cast-time
    Last edited by Wrien; 2013-10-14 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    Chiliblains as baseline, frankly with our dire mobility all specs need it. Also I'd like our passive defenses buffed because we are more glass cannon than mages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Chiliblains as baseline, frankly with our dire mobility all specs need it. Also I'd like our passive defenses buffed because we are more glass cannon than mages.
    Wouldn't help much in PvE, since you can't slow down a boss.

Actually, it would annihilate our chances of ever getting a solid movement speed increase ability.

Remove Asphyxiate. DK's shouldn't have a stun. Too many classes got too much similar in MOP. Too many classes got CC, too many classes got slow, too many classes got sprint.... and so on....
    Druids got too many CC's, and rogues (why would they give rogues another stun?). Blizzard gave too many classes too much similar. CLasses doesn't feel as unique now. DK's had great slow and root, rogues and paladins had stun, warlocks had fear etc....

Dk's doesn't need a stun like asphyxiate. Replace the talent with Desecration maybe, an aoe silence or something unique!
    If WOW continues in the same way as in MOP, then all classes will have everything soon
    Last edited by Wrien; 2013-10-14 at 12:42 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    1-add an taunt on gorefriend graps, Only DK dont have an AOE-taunt. (taunt only work on the dk, cannot taunt creature on other player)
    2- remove the channeling on army on death, still take 8sec to cast, but u can move/attack while summoning army of death.
    3- 4th spec based on summoning minion,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Our resource system in general is so very very outdated making haste a really weird stat.
    Oh God no, don't say that, otherwise we'll be the next class that has combo points forced upon us.

OT: I'd give my left nut for Wandering Plague making a comeback.

Somehow, bring back Unholy's feel of Melee Afflock, currently feels like more of a Melee Hunter.

Revamp the talent tree. Compared to other classes (Accomplish X in a variety of different ways) Ours is lacking (Choose between X Y and Z). Also, what reasoning is there for New Death Knight getting Purgatory or Death Pact before Rune Regen talents?

Buff PvE Mobility? Death's Speed wal--Advance falls short, noticably on a fight like H Lei Shen.

Change the way AotD works, stuck in the "bad" part of Wrath Design
    ERW on a 3 minute CD?

But no, seriously, bring back Wandering Plague.

I'd love the old Unholy Blight back, even if it won't count as a 3rd disease.
    Or a skeletal drake summon that nukes your target, could replace Gargoyle or something.
    How about this! Summon a big abomination that walks in a straight line cleaving the crap out of everything for massive damage
    A bigger and instant Army of the dead!
    Gorefiends always targeting yourself and taunting stuff as blood.
    And to actually bring some decent raid utility, how about that raidwide Vampiric Blood, or a Bloodlust ability like mass hysteria or so.

Deaths advance baseline, purgatory baseline, lichborne baseline, amz baseline. Runereg talents removed, RE baseline, glyphs for BT and RC.

Fill the gaps in our talenttrees with solid abilities and a strucutre where chose between some kind of equivalents. Asphyxiate vs chillblains feels dumb. I would also like chillblains baseline for frost, but having slow a must is also weird and kinda meh.

PvP selfheal/survivability feels too weak. The tree which currently is LB, AMZ and Purg should be redesigned in either defense or mobility, mobility might fit better the model. (improved DA with actual sprint, root and snare breaker (freedom like) and a second death grip which works reversed for example would make some solid choices)

Problem is deathknight is in many games often viewed as either a tanky and slow dmg caster or a vicious chasing monster. Sure we can deal good dmg, but we lack everything else, high cds on respective abilities, low effectivity and while we are slow and can't avoid dmg, we can't even tank it. (mostly pvpwise, pve mobility sucks too though)

Taunt back for Dmg would be good as we can make good use out of tauntless grip and AMS absorb cap removed would be great, absorbtion cap doesn't live up to its uses anymore, it crashes on every PvE AoE which is actually dangerous and can be smashed in Pvp burst also, 5 sec duration is also quite short, its not like we can abuse too much with it.

Removing necrotic strike as it is, maybe tune it towards a 1 min cd worth of 4 necrotics or something like that, necrotic creates a great chunck of artificial dmg, rising our dmg beyond what it actually is, making it harder giving dks mobility or better defense as we would have way too much pressure power in pvp.

A more flexible setup with real choices would be great. LB, AMZ and Purg are no question for me, purg in pve, bursty AoE dmg = AMZ and PvP always lichborne, besides, purg is a life saver, AMZ a Raidcd and Lichborne Anti-CC with a bit of selfheal. It doesn't fit together at all.

The class is pretty outdated from an ability setup point of view, too many wrath restrictions form being beyond overpowered, too many uncategorized abilities in the trees, because we got very situational talents from the old trees and very low uniqueness in terms of class strength.
    We have a unique design but no uniqe strength, we very few chances to shine out more than other classes with the excpetion of maybe soloing.

Would love for them to bring back Mark of Blood, the passive healing of blood presence, and update the rune forging.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Remove Asphyxiate. DK's shouldn't have a stun. Too many classes got too much similar in MOP. Too many classes got CC, too many classes got slow, too many classes got sprint.... and so on....
    Druids got too many CC's, and rogues (why would they give rogues another stun?). Blizzard gave too many classes too much similar. CLasses doesn't feel as unique now. DK's had great slow and root, rogues and paladins had stun, warlocks had fear etc....

Dk's doesn't need a stun like asphyxiate. Replace the talent with Desecration maybe, an aoe silence or something unique!
    If WOW continues in the same way as in MOP, then all classes will have everything soon
    How is an aoe silence for DKs unique? Warriors and Druids both have an AOE silence...

I don't know why you would ever want to remove Asphyxiate. It has a lot of uses in PvE and is a lynch pin in PvP.

@Stoker, no point in having Gorefiend's target yourself when you can just macro it. Allowing it to target other things can be incredibly useful. Gripping all of the adds to a Monk's statue in a PvE encounter is pretty clutch.

Maybe they will give us Defile on of these days lol. I'd much rather see a summonable Valk though. Maybe one that heals as blood, maybe even raid wide healing for an actual raid CD, and maybe a damage dealing one for dps specs.
    Last edited by Uglytoes; 2013-10-15 at 07:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Defile as an Unholy AoE, we still aren't competitive with Frost in terms of AoE from what I've noticed and it'd be nice to be closer to them.