Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Glyph of Death's Binds: Your Death Grip and Gorefiend's Grasp abilities pull you, as well as all enemies within range, to the targeted area.

Glyph of the Glacier: Your Pillar of Frost ability becomes passive, but your movement is permanently reduced by 10%.

Glyph of Rotting Entrails: Grants you the ability Explosive Conumption:

Explosive Consumption 10 Runic 2 min, Cooldown.
    Destroy an Undead minion you control. It explodes in an 8-yard radius, applying all diseases and dealing 6,000 Shadow damage to all affected units per disease.

I know the Hunter's would QQ but I still want to be able to "tame" undead pets in the place of "timmy" and the new skeleton for unholy spec.

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    -One Disease per spec instead of two, rebalance ability around that. For exemple, as frost, Frost fever would hit twice as much and ability like Obliterate would get the same additional damage as they do right now with two diseases.

-Better lvl 90 Talent

-AoE that cost RP

-Redesign Rune regeneration, not based on time.

Frost:

-Add a 2/3 mins burst CD
    -Better Mobility
    -Make Obliterate useful for Dual wield (like in Wrath)/ or another way to use Unholy rune
    -Different Mastery/Better scaling

Unholy:

-Different Mastery
    -A bit more Mobility
    -Better scaling

Blood:

-More passive mitigation
    -Better scaling with Vengeance
    Honestly it's not hard to manage two diseases and making each spec focus on one disease would simplify the class so much. Otherwise I like your post.

Stop asking for reverse death grip
    This class doesn't need more homogenization, but less.

Don't give x class something because y class has it, take away stuff from x class that used to be unique for y classes.

For example:
    - remove DK stuns: asphyxiate and remorseless Winter
    - remove some druid CC's
    - nerf warriors charge, they have too many
    - less fear for warlocks and priests

etc..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Stop asking for reverse death grip
    This class doesn't need more homogenization, but less.
    Says who ?

I get the point, but I'm pretty sure it would be easier to add one thing, rather than removing a whole bunch of stuff from other classes.

Deleted
    AoE taunt for bloods!!

DW and 2h different playstyles removed:
    - Treat of Thassarian now makes all weapon strikes hit with both weapons(No other bonuses from it).
    - Might of the Frozen Wastes increases all melee damage by 15% (No other bonuses from it)
    (No other bonuses from it).
    - Obliterate damage increased to 300% weapon damage (up from 250%). No longer deals more damage on diseased targets, but instead ignores 20% armor per diseases on the target.
    - Frost Strike damage increased to 175% weapon damage (up from 115%).
    - Howling Blast damage stays the same, but Rime increases Howling Blast damage by 30%. This will remove the Howling Blast spam for DW, but it wont be as huge dps-loss for 2h (as it is now) if you use it over Obliterate at times. Obliterate should be favored over HB for DW as well on single-target, while Rime increases it's damage which will make DW use it as well. This will remove the over focus on Obliterate for 2h, giving 2h more rune.freedom espesially in pvp, while DW will use some Obltierates as well.
    Hmmm... Gross. The reason I like the differentiating playstyles is because it took Blood's dps niche of being the huge physical hitter. I like the design differences.
    Dual wield could use a single target frost damage spam.. Maybe icy touch spam. HB would then only be used for real AoE.

1 new skill for Frost

Deathchill(brougth back and redesigned):
    45 sec CD
    Empowers your next skill, removing the cost and grants it additional effects:
    - Obliterate knocks the target back
    - Frost Strike freezes (deep freeze) the target for 3 sec
    - Howling Blast deals primary damage to all enemies and also infects them with blood plague
    - Death Strike heals you for 20% of your health
    - Chains of Ice effects 3 nearby enemies
    - Icy Touch (if glyphed) becomes a placeable aoe skill, dispelling 2 benefictial magical effects from enemies within 10 yards.
    This could be some nice utility.

Talent changes:
    Hungering Cold (replaces Remorseless Winter)
    1 min CD
    same as in Wotlk, but has a 1 sec uninterruptible cast-time
    No. Gross. The AoE stun is way better.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just want DPS taunt back lol.

A reversed death grip would be fine, but it would have to have a penalty, probably something that increases the CD. This makes it less worthwhile in some areas, but still gives you a good choice.

The only thing I don't like currently is our rune regeneration talents and how the class works with haste as a whole. 4 sets of runes with a longer rune regeneration timer might help balance that out a bit.

As far as blood goes I think it's fairly solid. Would like a way to make blood worms a bit less powerful but more controllable and also would probably appreciate vengeance tying into our survival like pretty much every other tank except us gets (and/or remove it from the other tanks). That alone would probably help a lot in making DK tanks a bit more desirable, especially at the beginning of a tier. As it stands I find blood lacking but catching up when we actually get gear, because as our survival increases we get to points where we are pretty much the easiest tanks to heal.

Blizzard has said (and the front page shows) that they want to make vengeance work on tanks' survival abilities but not really affect DPS like it has. It'll be interesting to see if they rework Blood Shield to use vengeance instead of actual damage, but if they can work out some of the gameplay kinks with it to make sure good use is still rewarding then it should be pretty good. Hopefully they'll be able to deliver on theorycrafters being able to say "X priority is the best" but have that priority actually take some work and thought to do in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    Deaths advance baseline, purgatory baseline, lichborne baseline, amz baseline. Runereg talents removed, RE baseline, glyphs for BT and RC.
    I pretty much stopped at "Make half our talent tree baseline" lol. I am sure that is on every class wish list!

Not bad though, I like it, as implausible as it is lol.

Some choices should be made more interesting

Gorefiends Grasp should be baseline however it should be replaced by a talent that makes it into an AoE Taunt to give Tanks an interesting choice between Remorseless Winter and GG. Further, an additional Glyph to change its functionality from pulling all mobs to the target, to pulling all mobs within 8 yards of the target, to the DK instead would be nice.

Remorseless Winter should have a glyph to make any application of the tick act as a Chains of Ice cast such that even if a target moves away and isn't stunned, they'll be much more substantially slowed. However the CoI glyph would make it far more likely the stun component would be successful. Admittedly probably a bit OP for PvP, but it needs something more than it currently does. In its current state it is sort of boring.

DW Tanking should be made viable (yep I said it). If Parry/Dodge/Hit/Exp are going the way of the dodo, then I don't see why this can't be revisited. We're not a shield class, never have been, is it that hard to code DW to behave in a similar manner as 2H tanking? Hell at one time of day it was pretty close to being viable (though not really). Anyone remember dual Soul Drinkers, or Peacekeepers ? :P

Give us a version of Titan's Grip. Yes DK's should be able to DW 2H weapons. (I've never understood why Thassarian can as a DK, but the ability is a Warrior ability. What if I was a warrior in life also?!).

Give DK's a version of symbiosis, let us choose what we were in a former life and give us 1 ability from that toolset, replacing 1 ability in our current toolset. (IE Pally gives us a weak self bubble but we'd lose AMS).

Mostly, just make our stuff a bit more interesting and give us more flexibility, not less, in how we play our class.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about this... "catapult grip..."

The death knight grasps with dark tendrils at his enemy target, pulling them to his location and him to their previous location. If the target is immune to external movement, the Death knight is only pulled to it.

Works for a gap closer on bosses. Works on PvP. Great for movement and enemy control in both situations.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot...gridId=1004001

Some talents REMOVED:
    - Asphyxiate (DK's shouldn't have a stun)
    - Remorseless Winter (it was useless, and DK's don't need a stun)
    - Rolling Blood
    - Unholy Blight
    - Plague Leech
    - Death Siphon

Some skills and passives removed (not talents):
    - Unholy Frenzy (due to balance with new dps-tier talents)
    - Outbreak

Some skills are now passive:
    - Rolling Blood (Blood): is now a blood passive skill
    - Plague Leech: is now a passive for all specs

Some new skills or passives:
    - Blood Mastery - something new
    - Glacier Rot (Frost): Increases Frost damage by 20% for 5 sec after using Obliterate. Terminates pure Howling Blast spam.

- Deathchill (Frost)
    45 sec CD
    Empowers your next skill, removing the cost and causes additional effects:
    * Frost Strike slows the targets movement speed, reducing their speed by 80% for 10 sec.
    * Howling Blast deals primary target damage to all enemies around, also infecting them with Blood Plague
    * Icy Touch (if glyphed) becomes a placeable aoe skill, dispelling 2 beneficial from all enemies within 10 yards
    * Chains of Ice affects 3 nearby enemies
    * Death Strike costs no runes and heals you for 20% of your maximum health.

Changes to existing skills or passives:
    - Bone Shield: cooldown is now reduced by 1 sec every time you parry. This effect can only occur once every 1 sec.
    - Might of the Frozen Wastes: No longer increases Obliterate damage. Now increases melee damage by 15% only.
    - Threat of Thassarian: No longer increases Frost Strike damage. Now allow ALL melee-attacks to hit with both weapons.
    - Obliterate damage increased to 300% weapon damage (from 250%). No longer deals additional damage per diseases but instead ignores 25% armor per diseases.
    - Frost Strike damage increased to 170% weapon damage (from 115%)
    - Scourge Strike now deals pure shadow-damage. Around 150% shadow damage and 25% more per diseases?
    - Necrotic Strike now has a 10 sec cooldown. Healing Absorption effect doubled. (Removing spam)

Quote Originally Posted by Ranico View Post
    I pretty much stopped at "Make half our talent tree baseline" lol. I am sure that is on every class wish list!

Not bad though, I like it, as implausible as it is lol.

Some choices should be made more interesting
    Its totally reasonable. We lack definetly some utility and our current talent tree is not about choices, but about necessities or atleast non-choices as they don't express something based on playstyle but on viability and even if all the named talents are baseline it would still be mostly unnoticed or QoL.

The rune regen is purely a matter of personal preference without difference in playstyle, atleast very little. Such changes to how the basically same thing works is a matter of major glyphs not of actual talents. (Making RE (RC,BT as MGlyphs) a Talent with other resource producing talents, like something focussing on RP or entirely passive add regen).
    Also RE was baseline and turned into a talent filler where everyone else got new spells. Sure every class got baseline abilites drawn in the tree but those consisted of actually noticebale choices like former spec based dmg cds, i don't see us having a choice between DRW, PoF and Gargoyle or something alike or interesting it is just a big farce.

The tier of LB, AMZ and Purg are completely different in how they work and in what situations they are useful at all. This is not a matter of choice but entirely of when which ability makes sense at all.
    LB is CC break combined with an expensive selfheal and most of the time completely useless in PvE, but would be a nice not overpowered cd to improve personal survivability.
    AMZ is a very situational raid cd and Raid cds are normally part of the baseline tool kit of a class to empower players in a group, in our case we weaken ourselves for being able to contribute to the group and thats nonsense.
    Purg is candidate for a Talent and is a pretty awesome idea but what fits together with a second life? An additional Absorb to AMS, AMS itself? IBF? It has to be something exclusively defensive and other options would probably other class cd ripoffs or simply copies of abilities we already have - its very difficult to find fits for Purg.
    And as Purg is the go for talent for PvE without explicit need of AMZ and it is not gonna save you in PvP anyway it can be without problems baseline. The other 2 tlantes are then utility to improve our situation in a group which is what we need.

Deaths Advance is short: We are the slowest class in the game, and deaths advance is shared in a tier with cc based others i take stun vs root/easy-slow but not CC vs mobility thats a whole different story.

That is assuming the current approach on abilities if blizz decides to remove many abilities from classes to reduce the button/ability bloat the situation is a whole new but we are currently very easily the poorest class in ability diversity and utility tool kit.

Id love to see killing machine get 2 charges when proced as a level up bonus. And Id also like them to make it so that when using obliterate on a killing machine proc it has a 100% chance to cost rime and the effect cannot be triggered more than once in like a 4 second window so both killing machines wont be used for a rime.

http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot...gridId=1004001

Some talents REMOVED:
    - Asphyxiate (DK's shouldn't have a stun)
    - Remorseless Winter (it was useless, and DK's don't need a stun)
    Actually DKs do need stuns. There are several raidencounters that have skills which need to be stunned due to being uninterruptable by normal means.
    Also Remorseless winter is an awesome talent in PvE.
    Some skills are now passive:
    - Rolling Blood (Blood): is now a blood passive skill
    - Plague Leech: is now a passive for all specs
    What? How do you want to make Plague Leech a passive?

@ topic: please give us the Runeforging overhaul that you have been teasing us with for years. -.-

Deleted
    The rune regen tier is also a huge waste of space, as if the whole talent tree wasn't messy enough. There should be some other way to let players decide what kind of rune regen mechanism they want to play with.

Tiers each need distinct identities, just like it's already the case for many classes. No more mobility competing with CC, or raid cooldown competing with passive survival stuff. It's just not fun to make such drastic choices. Why should spending points in my tree feel so right on my paladin, but so wrong on my DK ?

I've been complaining about that since MoP beta, and it still grinds my gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Actually DKs do need stuns. There are several raidencounters that have skills which need to be stunned due to being uninterruptable by normal means.
    Also Remorseless winter is an awesome talent in PvE.

What? How do you want to make Plague Leech a passive?

@ topic: please give us the Runeforging overhaul that you have been teasing us with for years. -.-
    Passive as in "available for all specs outside the talent grid", learned at level x.

NO, DK's do not need a stun. Just because there's an raid encounter where it's useful to have a stun doesn't mean that every class should be able to do so.....

Why do we need to not have a stun?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Why do we need to not have a stun?
    Homogenization has been a big problem in WoW since MOP, many classes got stuff they never should have had.
    Last edited by Wrien; 2013-11-20 at 12:22 AM.

Make taunts whilst Dancing Rune Weapon is up be aoe please