Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Scooter dps meta as tank is crap now. They nerfed the proc rate into the ground. If you are pushing 350k plus dps on 10 man you are beating 25man heroic 100 rank and higher(I hold 101 rank as of tonight at 330k. You might gain another 5k but you would gain more from just using RJW I believe.

I believe the key for your guild to the kill will not lie in your dps but in bringing up the rest of the groups maybe using better cleave methods.

Alternatively if someone else in your raid can tank you could just go WW and do 500k+ DPS in that gear with SEF and RJW.

No unfortunately we have no melee in our current comp Kinda going through some roster changes :P But I think we will get it tonight for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    What do you gain by doing that? We have always pushed them one by one, doesn't he's damage get out of control combined with sun's damage?
    Sun's phase is completely harmless imo. We push them at the same time too and by the time Mark of Anguish is down, our 200k vengeance tank has almost soloed the adds Sun spawned due to the shared health pools.

That means no Calamity, DoTs or Sha Sear during He's phase and that's worth a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    For us it was always losing people to Clash during Sun's phase (25m) but the phase itself if not a problem at all. I just hold Rook at the edge of the bubble and RJW/KS down all the incoming adds.

Always wanted to time He's push at the same time but we never seem to make it work so it's not really required but probably helps. Not sure if dealing with Mark at the same time in 10m is harder since we have a big pool of people with personals to bank around.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    big pool of people with personals to bank around.
    We just keep Mark on myself and use CD's to survive through it while dps burn him down.

We have been throwing Mark to myself and the DK tank for the first set then our 2 Hunters + Me on second set normally dont use more than 1-2 people but we have it setup to have it be thrown to me if Hunters cant take anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way would the 553 Cleave trinket be better than the 567 Multistrike for this fight?

#1. RJW Is better than Xuen, on all fights. Daught has tested this theory, and it's proven. EVEN on Single Target DPS, RJW is better, I've never changed to Xuen Since 5.4 hit.

#2. Fallen Protectors is a TOUGH fight if you're just getting into it. It might require that your Guild just isn't geared for it.

#4. A tip, Norushen Heroic is easier than Protector's Heroic. If you can't get Protector's, then try Norushen.. I've seen 14/14 Normal Guilds on 10 man, 1 shot Norushen. Shit's easy as hell.

#6. I skipped #3

#3. I skpped #5 as well.. why are you reading this?

Quote Originally Posted by CollateralGaming View Post
    #1. RJW Is better than Xuen, on all fights. Daught has tested this theory, and it's proven. EVEN on Single Target DPS, RJW is better, I've never changed to Xuen Since 5.4 hit.

#2. Fallen Protectors is a TOUGH fight if you're just getting into it. It might require that your Guild just isn't geared for it.

#4. A tip, Norushen Heroic is easier than Protector's Heroic. If you can't get Protector's, then try Norushen.. I've seen 14/14 Normal Guilds on 10 man, 1 shot Norushen. Shit's easy as hell.

#6. I skipped #3

#3. I skpped #5 as well.. why are you reading this?
    2 out of 3 top US 25m BM Monk parses (one of them being me) use Xuen on H: Fallen Protectors. You shouldn't just ignore Xuen since it's one of the best on-demand burst we got, as well as being able to switch targets when trying to push all 3 protectors down equally. There are other fights where it shines tremendously.

RJW is good and all, and not doubting some theorycraft behind it and on-paper math, but Xuen definitely has its uses and knowing when to use or what fight to use it makes you a more well-rounded Monk. It did 370k DPS while out and eDPS of 107k with 50million damage done. Which is pretty much around ~14 DKs using Army of the Dead.
    Last edited by ZealsAmbitions; 2013-11-08 at 11:00 AM.

how about 2 healing that shit

Idk why people live and die by RJW. It is good, don't get me wrong, but people are RJW whores. Maybe I'll use it more when I get rid of my RoRo, but as of now, I feel like with the crit procs I'm getting from RoRo I wouldn't be able to manage high enough uptime on RJW for it to be worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Right of course, I meant he doesn't Clash and Corruption Kick during Desperate Measures. He still does it in place though, obviously hitting the tank.
    Still not true. He does both of them. Dunno why you've never had this, but it happens as it should to us.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneeBH View Post
    Idk why people live and die by RJW. It is good, don't get me wrong, but people are RJW whores. Maybe I'll use it more when I get rid of my RoRo, but as of now, I feel like with the crit procs I'm getting from RoRo I wouldn't be able to manage high enough uptime on RJW for it to be worth it.
    I hear ya. I tried it out for a few weeks when Rollee broke down my then #1 parse on Paragons with how much more damage I could've been doing with RJW, but I have more success with Xuen + SCK in almost any strategy/format. Perhaps once we kill Garrosh, I'll play with it some more, but I'm not a believer in RJW outside of Galakras/Spoils.

I got a #2 parse on 10m-H protectors using Xuen at the beginning of the tier but since then our DPS has improved to the point that I've lost an entire cast of Xuen so I've switched to RJW for subsequent kills with just as good results (never below top 25 or so). I might switch back to Xuen when our kill time gets around 6:45 (3 full length Xuens). Plan ahead so that your KS always hits 2+ targets. Remember that to get a chi from RJW it only needs to hit 3 targets over the entire course of the cast. If you cast it on 1 or 2 targets and then move 3.5 seconds later so that a tick hits a 3rd target, you'll get a chi for it.

Xuen is still an excellent choice, especially if you're close enough to enrage to get that final cast off, but make sure you're spamming SCK constantly - same idea as RJW, make sure it hits 3 targets by the end of its cast. This can be a little harder since SCK lasts half as long as RJW and it can be easy to accidentally ambush melee with Rook's cone attack or get gouged if you're not careful while jumping all over the map. Jab as little as possible whether you're using RJW or SCK; it makes a big difference in your total damage.

I also use the cleave trinket on almost every fight. My rule of thumb is if it does as much or more than the MS trinket, I'll use it (Haromms being my other trinket). You'd be surprised how much damage it can do. Even on shamans (we split the bosses), I've had it do ~6% of my damage while solo tanking the slime boss.
    Last edited by portrero; 2013-11-09 at 07:33 AM.