Thread: Haste ? Wtf

Deleted

Haste ? Wtf

Well recently i reforged from crit > haste to Haste > Crit.
    My specs are SV and MM
    in Sv it shows a 300dps increase .
    in MM it shows just 200dps less then sv.

the displayed haste is 13792
    see my armory in my signature.

may the be a breakpoint or something?

During blood lust, there is burst of damage, its all due to 30% haste what i see the amount of haste u have its almost like that. Whats ur Cobra Shot cast time now? That much haste increases pet attack and auto attack damage as well. Besides, when u went from crit to haste, u probably lost about 10% crit and gained similar % haste. 30% and 40% crit difference doesn't seem much. But 10% haste difference is quite noticeable. a BM with too much haste seems to sim way to high in dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    During blood lust, there is burst of damage, its all due to 30% haste what i see the amount of haste u have its almost like that. Whats ur Cobra Shot cast time now? That much haste increases pet attack and auto attack damage as well. Besides, when u went from crit to haste, u probably lost about 10% crit and gained similar % haste. 30% and 40% crit difference doesn't seem much. But 10% haste difference is quite noticeable. a BM with too much haste seems to sim way to high in dps.
    should be 1.36 seconds unbuffed and i lost about 6% crit (most items have crit haste or crit mastery) checkout my gear ^^
    ( it was a 9% haste for 6 % crit trade off)
    Last edited by mmocb1feae8063; 2013-11-07 at 09:37 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    What tool did you use to decide your dps change?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    What tool did you use to decide your dps change?
    Femaledwarf.com

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrimjaw View Post
    Femaledwarf.com
    FD doesn't work well when it comes to anything haste related, due to shot shifting. You can get it to show you lose dps by gaining free haste rating. You should probably try to play around a bit with simcraft before making any hasty decisions when it comes to your stat priority.

before making any hasty decisions
    I lol'ed.
    /10 char

FD doesn't work well when it comes to anything haste related, due to shot shifting. You can get it to show you lose dps by gaining free haste rating. You should probably try to play around a bit with simcraft before making any hasty decisions when it comes to your stat priority.
    ^ This..

I tested it once by reforging a single piece of gear from +crit to +haste and lost something like 4k dps but only lost a few hundred when reforging from +crit to +mastery. Since haste is pretty much recognized by everyone as better than mastery, the only explanation for that is FD models haste weird sometimes.

Also... 300dps caused you to reforge? You realize that 300 dps is like a fraction of 1% when compared to the dps we do and is well within the range of modeling error or statistical noise.

Also.. Also... What possible breakpoint would there be with Surv? SS and BA are not affected so you can't get an extra tick. I'm almost positive that Murder of Crows is not affected. All haste does is give us more auto shots, more pet attacks, slightly better baseline focus regen, and faster cobra shot cast times. None of which have a 'breakpoint".
    Last edited by Rackfu; 2013-11-07 at 04:37 PM.

The only breakpoint with Survival that I remember, was 1.69 sec cast time on Cobra, but that is a long time ago and was just needed in order to squeeze in a few cobra's inbetween ES'. Though it's hardly a factor since Cobra focus gain was buffed, which most likely makes you focus capped now.

Could there be something along the lines of RPPM trinkets / cloak / meta gem?

I'm having a hard time finding the question in your post because it seems like a pile of jumbled statements. A 300 DPS increase is essentially nothing. Less than a 0.1% increase. You really shouldn't be treating a 300 DPS increase as anything, also considering Femaledwarf is complete trash for what you are trying to do the result you found is even less significant, probably completely wrong.

Deleted
    well the main reason was FD simmed MM near SV so i can switch specs without reforging or getting a dps loss.
    tested in raid yesterday, was horrible went back to Crit > Haste . not a single f was given that day^^