Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Level Cap 100???

Ok ive been thinking about when we hit 100,

I know theres been many threads on this but what if we level cap at 100 after that just release expansions to accomodate our level, i mean there is no reason to keep going on we could just have more expansions and patches without the use of levelling, your thoughts please?

100 is just a number, it means just as much as 60, 70, 80, 85 and 90.

As long as Blizzard continues to release expansions, they'll continue to raise the cap. That's all.

Since stat normalisation is comming next Expansion, the levels wont be as "Staggering" as they have been, for example going from 10k in WOTLK - 100k in Cataclysm.

Now it will be more normalized and not such a steep curve when it comes to Xpack to xpack.

Edit: The point is, Levels wont matter as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    What if after level 100 we ... waaaaait for it ... KEEP LEVELING.
    Get the fuck out! One does not simply keep leveling past 100!

What comes after level 100? Paragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will just roll over like an old sedan and we will all be level 1 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    It will just roll over like an old sedan and we will all be level 1 again.

Heeyyy slooow down, why do i have 200hp again? Damnit these murlocs are quite a challenge!

leveling is their to tell the Lore imo. I like leveling because I get to know the story. I would hate to start a new xpac and go straight into a raid I didn't read about from a quest or big bad guys I don't know about either.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

100 probably looks intimidating to new players. Sooner or later I think they're going to squish down the levels.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazaraki View Post
    Heeyyy why do i have 200 hp again?
    item squish? :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    100 probably looks intimidating to new players. Sooner or later I think they're going to squish down the levels.
    All they would have to do is make the leveling easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyndallis View Post
    With a 3% better chance on LFR loot per level.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    item squish? :P
    I am the all powerful Nazaraki with a staggering 650k Hp and 2 billion damage! *poof* 400 hp and 250 dps eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Nazaraki View Post
    I am the all powerful Nazaraki with a staggering 650k Hp and 2 billion damage! *poof* 400 hp and 250 dps eh?
    The day item squish happens, people will go crazy. I'm actually ready for it because numbers are just getting out of hand. The uproar will be hilarious though.

Deleted
    I like gaining few more levels in new expasnion, I hope they won't stop increasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by cyndallis View Post
    This is what I'm thinking. Definitely a WoW version of Paragon levels in the expansion following WoD.

Wasn't there an interview with ghost crawler saying We wouldn't be seeing level 100 any time soon?

soon we are like runescape and all level 200

Next expansion goes to 99 and level 100 is available as an upgrade via the ingame store. But on a serious note, they would probably do a level squish or a type of paragon levels after this. It will end up being a huge turn off if they say "150 levels!" Instead of "60 levels" And "Paragon leveling!"

Deleted
    I could also see them do a number crunch on levels. Like level 90 would be level 60 in the new expansion, and talent points would have been available every 10 levels instead of 15. The next expansion could bring the cap back to 70, then.
    For new players, starting an entirely new character without heirlooms or a guild to back them up, level numbers get more and more intimidating.