Poll: Best race in melee combat 1v1

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What race is the best at close melee combat 1v1 in lore?

No power ups or magic involved just physical prowess, strength, agility, cunning, and combat experience. Who would win?

This 1v1 meaning one person vs one person.
    Not an army vs army fight.
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2013-11-06 at 09:30 PM.

Night elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc. Really.

Orcs have by far the most amount of iconic warriors in their racial history.

Just had to edit to add: Broxigar the mother F'n Red

http://www.wowwiki.com/Broxigar

"At the final battle over the Well of Eternity, Brox realized that if the world and the future were to be saved, his companions needed more time. Brox leapt from the back of one of the red dragons also carrying Rhonin into the swirling portal that was opening at the bottom of the funnel. When he passed through, and arrived in the realm of the Burning Legion, he proceeded to slaughter multitudes of demons, blocking their advance towards the portal, slaying so many that he ended up standing atop a hill of their bodies — mocking more to come challenge him. It was there that he eventually attracted the attention of Sargeras, who came personally to put an end to the orc's life. However, using the magical axe crafted for him by Malfurion, Brox did the impossible, and struck a small wound in Sargeras' leg. This wound would later be the focus of Krasus and his allies' spellwork, that for a second, tore Sargeras' attention away from his struggle to keep the portal open...allowing Malfurion and Illidan to close it upon him. Brox's life was ended by Sargeras, right before the demon entered the portal, by the jagged edge of Sargeras's broken sword. With this final act of loyalty, Broxigar the Red sealed his place in history as the only known mortal to have ever staged an assault upon the Burning Legion's leader. "
    Last edited by Rocketsauce; 2013-11-06 at 09:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    orcs.... duh

Orcs all the way. Originally was going to say Nathrezim, but they aren't usually known for their melee capabilities.

You can dance. You can dance. Everyone look at your pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren or orcs. Maybe worgen too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Night elf.
    While they certainly are agile and tricky in combat, Night Elves pale in face to face, melee combat compared to an Orc or a Tauren. Their brute strength would simply be overpowering in anything like a one on one warrior face-off.

I think it's a toss up between the Orcs and Tauren; the Tauren coming in with a bit more endurance and size, but the Orcs have an undeniable ferocity to their combat.

Orcs have ferocity, but what about Undead and the idea of missing loads of vital openings?

Yeah sure, an orc can cut off an undead's arm while swinging away, but they just left themselves open to a stab to the back of the neck.

Undead walks away and reattaches the arm later.

Orcs. Hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkiy View Post
    While they certainly are agile and tricky in combat, Night Elves pale in face to face, melee combat compared to an Orc or a Tauren. Their brute strength would simply be overpowering in anything like a one on one warrior face-off.

I think it's a toss up between the Orcs and Tauren; the Tauren coming in with a bit more endurance and size, but the Orcs have an undeniable ferocity to their combat.
    Pained (female night elf) went pretty much even with Malkorok (male orc) in the Jaina book. Dunno if you want to consider that "lore" but it's something to think about.

Broxigar the Red

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Monkiy View Post

Pained went toe-to-toe with both Malkorak and Baine during Tides of War(at different times obviously).

Deleted
    Just read the lore on Broxigar less than a week ago. So much /thread.
    Wounding Sargeras with a wooden axe NP

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren.

Imagine if they were in shape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead are pretty much undefeatable in melee combat lorewise... cut it's arm? np he'll reattach it, they don't get tired, they don't get hungry, they don't get thirsty, a good one would just tire his opponent out by running circles around him... this is ofc assuming equal skill/equipment... if u have some/1 like garrosh, varian, thrall vs some random forsaken npc then yeah it's no contest...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-11-06 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Pained went toe-to-toe with both Malkorak and Baine during Tides of War(at different times obviously).
    too bad she died

Deleted
    Either Orc or night elf I think
    I cant really remember where I read it from , but I can remember reading something about Night elves being insanely strong aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leaning towards Tauren here, considering good old Cairne was demolishing Garrosh until Garrosh was finally able to scratch him with the poisoned axe. Cairne was well well past his prime, and Garrosh still in his, yet Cairne wasn't struggling much, and would probably have one barring some lucky turnabout in Garrosh's favor.