MW Garrosh 10M normal help

Hey guys, a little recently my raid team got to Garrosh, and we spent an entire raid night wiping to him o_o

I'm here to ask for any tips for Garrosh or just any notes in general on my performance.

Here are my logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w4ject2lpk9g5dhn/

here's a link to my armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hargy/advanced

Any helpful information would be great and thanks in advance! ^_^

From your gear, don't gem haste and also its not ideal to start gemming crit over int until over 40k spellpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    From your gear, don't gem haste and also its not ideal to start gemming crit over int until over 40k spellpower.
    I'm gemmed to meet the breakpoint, if I replaced those gems, I'd no longer be near the breakpoint.

Deleted
    In general I would say your healing combo will always struggle a bit during P1 as Garrosh hits like a truck and the adds have to be dealt with as well. It would be a lot easier with a Disc/HPally, but I'll just consider that not being an option, so let's work on the first issue: People dying really early into the fight. Tank deaths shouldn't happen, but most importantly everyone else has to work on avoiding all unnecessary damage taken, i.e. not standing in a Desecrate to finish casts, not standing too close to the Iron Star and especially not being close to the explosion at the end. As it is a team effort, everyone in the group should help you in whatever way they can if you know that healing will be tough.
    As for the Tanking itself, we are doing a clear cut between Garrosh Tank and Add Tank. The tank on Garrosh should avoid using AOE abilities as much as possible if you have issues keeping him up because every extra add on the tank is trouble, and he'll be really high on Vengeance so the add Tank can get in trouble for Threat if you cleave a lot. Usually we let the add Tank pull the boss to build up some Vengeance, and swap once the adds come, just so it is going a bit more smooth. As BrM e.g. I don't RJW during the first phase at all. Keg Smash usually makes me suffer a lot already anyway.
    Maybe you can also fine-tune on positioning, do you both have to stay with the Ranged group at the moment? Usually you can consider having both healers in Melee so they don't have to move much during P1 (as long as 3? people are standing at range in 10man, you are fine for Desecrates - just watch that you are actually at the Melee and not 1-2 yards behind them as that can be too much and you'd be a Desecrate target again). It also helps with gathering the adds.
    As I think the main issue so far is stabilizing the first phase more for you, I won't go much into detail on the later phases; make sure everyone is well-prepared on tactics for Empowered Whirling Corruption and onwards (don't stand in the swirlies, kill the adds one by one, MC >>> Adds at all costs, ...), try to have TFT Uplift ready for the Empowered so you can keep people up reasonably.

One thing you should do though is utilize Ring of Peace more during P1, you only used it 3 times during the whole logging, and your BrM tank isn't even specced into it. It is, imo, by far the most beneficial T60 talent for the fight.
    Last edited by mmoc0db2352a9d; 2013-11-07 at 02:56 PM.

You need to be casting renewing mist on cool down, and expel harm too a lesser extent for the cheap chi. On you longest attempt you cast renewing mist 42 times out of 62 possible times, you're missing out on cheap chi, renewing mist heals, and crucially uplift coverage.
    You're casting enveloping mist an awful lot, but there's not much you can do about that if the tank is taking a ton of damage, but EM is a pretty crap spell in general.
    One other biggy i see is low TFT usage, The timing on the fight works out that by using it basically on cool down you can have it up for every iron star and every whirling corruption phase. Use it at the start of the annihilate phase if you want it to be off CD for the first whirling after.
    Gear looks good.

Thanks, some helpful advice!
    I agree that my EM usage is quite high, but our brewmaster tank took craploads of damage from adds so I hardly had a chance to do anything else but heal him almost non-stop. I try to use TFT before Iron Star explosions and I didn't get much of a chance to use it on Whirling Corruptions because we only got to P2 like twice. Otherwise I'm generally always trying to use Renewing Mist on cooldown and I even have Expel Harm glyphed just for extra tank heals.

Edit: Just for future reference, both the shaman healer and I were in ranged, there were a few attempts where I swapped to melee, but I found myself being able to focus more on my abilities and cooldowns when I was at ranged. I might have to stick to melee permanently though since we had issues where tanks would die while healers were running from desecrate.
    Last edited by Plethargy; 2013-11-07 at 04:11 PM.