Tier 4pc question [Survival]

I finally hit 4pc yesterday and got to check out the proc for Survival, and it is great when it hits. My longest streak so far is 12 straight Explosive Shots.

I just wanted to double check that I can spam those shots without worry of clipping any of the ticks. I still remember the old ES>ES>AS>ES days.

Deleted
    They changed it so it doesn't clip., just spam it baby. All day, every day!

Technically it can clip, but clipped ticks get rolled into the rest of the ticks, so nothing is lost. It may sound like a minor point, but important to know for those who might try and test it and see that they don't get the number of ticks they're expecting.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Yes, it is fully rolling. Pew pew!

Quote Originally Posted by Krinnak View Post
    They changed it so it doesn't clip., just spam it baby. All day, every day!
    Dang you made an account just to say this, welcome! You're the user this community needs, but doesn't deserve!
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    Keep spamming! Just don't forget to renew the serpent sting with Cobra shot. I tend to forget it :|

Quote Originally Posted by amaraim View Post
    Keep spamming! Just don't forget to renew the serpent sting with Cobra shot. I tend to forget it :|
    If your capped out on focus, or the cobra shot will overfill (overcap) you, then it's better to re-apply srs directly rather then use a cobra to *refresh* it.

Deleted
    remember too add in a serpent sting if it ends (you likely will have a focus surpluss anyway if it fell off.
    and remember too refresh Black arrow during it, allowing you too refresh your LnL while still being up.

my record LnL procs in a row was 18 thanks too refreshing black arrow so it could trigger new LnL stacks.
    read of someone else reaching 23 even, prehaps others might even gone above that.

Deleted
    Even if you do focus cap or SS falls of it's more worth to keep spaming ES, at that rate your ES ticks for way more than the SS and to lose one or two GCDs is a potential loss of ES procs. But don't let BA fall of ofc..

Spam ES

Is there some kind of addon that can track my record when the 4P procs?

Deleted
    Some napkin maths I did a while back made it very clear that while you have procs of ES to use, never refresh SrS, it's a dps loss. Just keep spamming!

The only thing you might want to break ES chains for is refreshing Black Arrow but only if you've been spamming ES for 8+ shots (because LnL has a 10s ICD and so it will be available to proc again if you've been spamming ES for that long). I suppose you'd also want to break it for Stampede coming off CD but probably not for Glaive Toss or Rapid Fire.

Deleted
    Does the focus capping mean that Crit > Mastery > Haste is a dps increase?

Deleted
    The amount of mastery for any noticeable damage increased is pretty high and haste is still useful for auto shots and pet attacks. I tried mastery over haste on Malkorok HC and had less output than the previous week, even with better gear !

Quote Originally Posted by trollsroyce View Post
    Does the focus capping mean that Crit > Mastery > Haste is a dps increase?
    Yes and as someone said it does require higher levels of gear. There's only a few fights I go survival on, so going crit > mastery > haste isn't really ideal for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Yes and as someone said it does require higher levels of gear. There's only a few fights I go survival on, so going crit > mastery > haste isn't really ideal for me.
    Interesting. Sitting at i564 so might give it a go

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I've done some simulations with my gear going Crit > Mastery > Haste (with 574) and each time mastery get a scale point less than 3 and haste get slightly more than 3 and each time i go with mastery > haste I lose around 1k dps.

However the reforge I'm going to try out next is Haste to 25% (unbuffed) > Crit > mastery for the extra focus during the opener.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by amaraim View Post
    No, do not do this. It is better to keep spamming explosive shot than to refresh your sting. Just let it fall off and manually re-apply it after them proc has ended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    Some napkin maths I did a while back made it very clear that while you have procs of ES to use, never refresh SrS, it's a dps loss. Just keep spamming!

The only thing you might want to break ES chains for is refreshing Black Arrow but only if you've been spamming ES for 8+ shots (because LnL has a 10s ICD and so it will be available to proc again if you've been spamming ES for that long). I suppose you'd also want to break it for Stampede coming off CD but probably not for Glaive Toss or Rapid Fire.
    Yeah, I find that I do refresh my black arrow during a long string of procs. But definitely don't use Rapid fire during an explosive shot streak. Most likely you are already capped on focus during the streak as well as not casting cobra shot/barrage so rapid fire will only be increasing your auto attack speed during this time, making it next to useless comparative to the potential benefit of it.