[Restoration T16 heroic] Balancing Spirit/Haste/Crit

Greetings.

At the moment I'm running with 18k spirit, ~40% haste (13848 breakpoint (Goblin)) and 20% crit.
    I've always been a huge fan of haste, because in my mind it just feels like the best throughput stat. Lately however, I've started to doubt this thoughtprocess and wanted to ask here for input on how to balance my stats for the better.

I could probably drop some haste and go for more crit
    OR
    I could reforge spirit into crit
    OR
    Lower some haste and get more intellect.
    etc

So, fellow Resto's, what stats are you aiming for and why?

Edit: I'm not allowed to post links yet but my armory is Trønderfury - Tarren Mill (EU)
    Last edited by Troenderfury; 2013-11-07 at 03:32 PM.

Looking at your current ilvl the breakpoint haste choiceis decent. In the matter of spirit (I couldnt take a look at your trinkets since you logged out with your ele gear), even if you choose to go with double throughput trinkets, 18k spirit is wasted stats imo. I Have 553 ilvl going with one regen trinket and one healingput trinket and never had mana issues. So I would say reforge/regem some of the spirit to Int > crit.

Deleted
    13-14k spirit is more then enough currently, so there's 4k spirit you can reforge into crit.

Deleted
    Get rid of all your spirit and get crit>int>haste. It really makes no sense to get spirit since crit gives a lot of mana regen + throughput.

Deleted
    I like the 50% haste breakpoint as it allows to efficiently fit two glyphed riptides in between glyphed chain heals (which is great in 10man especially), and also gives your healing rain the third extra tick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xor7486 View Post
    I like the 50% haste breakpoint as it allows to efficiently fit two glyphed riptides in between glyphed chain heals (which is great in 10man especially), and also gives your healing rain the third extra tick.
    I don't see it being worth it at all. What's your character's name?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmastarn View Post
    I don't see it being worth it at all. What's your character's name?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eaver/advanced

I've been doing:

Yellow: Crit/Haste
    Red: Int + Crit/Haste
    Blue: Spirit + Crit/Haste

Reforging all my Mastery away on any piece that has it, otherwise reforge Spirit. Sitting at ~10.8k Spirit (530 Horridons + 561 Siegecrafter regen trinket) and running 9k haste to pick up the HST breakpoint around there, then the rest going full crit.

Deleted
    raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/Blutkessel/Schabs/
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lordaeron/Schabs/advanced

Full Crit - According to RSS by far the best throughput stat (10s), way over Int. + Regen
    Ditch every bit of Spirit you can (Im only above 9k because of the Sha trinnket) and try to avoid mastery aswell, if possible
    Last edited by mmoc8c0e07d521; 2013-11-14 at 01:31 AM.

Schabs, do you always run the 9k+ HST haste bp or go 15.3k Healing Rain for certain fights?

I have healed both ways - crit build and haste builds with spirit and I know that I have bigger numbers with Crit, but I also know that I can cope with 17k spirit as well. I was surprised to see a 560 resto shaman with spirit under 8k, so I tried it for a couple of raids and meh...it was fine but we didn't wipe on fights either way. I am now 566 geared and we cleared up to Galakras HC last night and I did it with a spirit build (17.5k spr 22.5% haste 66% mastery) and didn't struggle once. Just for me - it works both ways - I can heal big or I can heal frequently, and I like that.

10m running 10.2k spirit, 55% mastery, 30% crit fully raid buffed with around 9k haste for the HST breakpoint. Ilevel is 555.

Works really well with all my healing (2 heal all of them), no fight where I can say I have trouble except maybe Malkorok.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varzik View Post
    Schabs, do you always run the 9k+ HST haste bp or go 15.3k Healing Rain for certain fights?
    I always run 9k. Just got a lot of items the last 2 IDs and i didn't want to sacrifice that much when i was on thok progress.

I dont use Healing Rain on Blackfuse or Klaxxi too much thats why it is not worth it for those fights imo.

Hi again- forgot that I made this post.
    After I made this post I played around with some stuff, and decided to try an all out crit build.
    Mana seems good, didn't manage to get under 50% mana on Spoils hc (2 man healed our side)
    Numbers generally seems a bit better and I am overall happy from switching from a haste oriented build to crit.

You should have stated 25man Tronde as a lot of the replies you will get people will give from 10man perspective.
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P