1. #1

    Can't make a new password, forgot my characters name? help?

    I think my account have been hacked i have tried all possible passwords. and my problem is that i haven't played it in a year.

    I tried to recover it.

    the password is changed.

    so i tried to get a new password. I know the email and serial code, but i don't know my characters name, because is has been a really long time since i played.

  2. #2
    I'm almost positive if you contact Anet you can use some other information (like payment and other things) to reset your stuff. I was told this by a fellow player who claimed to do this for their account so I am not completely sure.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Tommys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    659
    I hope this works out. You probably weren't hacked though. Guildwars 2 requires e-mail authentication every time you log into it or the website, and you can't disable this (god how i hated this)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    I hope this works out. You probably weren't hacked though. Guildwars 2 requires e-mail authentication every time you log into it or the website, and you can't disable this (god how i hated this)
    No it doesn't, I never get notified. But then, I do have an authenticator tied to the account, plus I have the location authorized.

    OT: Contact support, if the form doesn't work for you, just submit a request (https://guildwars2.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakes96 View Post
    I think my account have been hacked i have tried all possible passwords. and my problem is that i haven't played it in a year.

    I tried to recover it.

    the password is changed.

    so i tried to get a new password. I know the email and serial code, but i don't know my characters name, because is has been a really long time since i played.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    No it doesn't, I never get notified. But then, I do have an authenticator tied to the account, plus I have the location authorized.

    OT: Contact support, if the form doesn't work for you, just submit a request (https://guildwars2.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new)
    See funny thing is, when you open that it asks for things like your serial code, your display name, your login name, a characters name. ALL things i DON'T have when trying to contact support or some bullshit form. You cant complete the form by leaving something blank or incorrect. I just don't understand how to get a hold of anyone.

    If i read "I would contact support using the tab at the top of this page then go to ‘ask a question’ to fill out a ticket." my head will explode.
    “Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing.”

  6. #6
    Actually on that form are many, many spots that say "if you don't know, leave it blank".

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeFish View Post
    I'm almost positive if you contact Anet you can use some other information (like payment and other things) to reset your stuff. I was told this by a fellow player who claimed to do this for their account so I am not completely sure.
    I was about to give you advice about WoW recovery but I suppose GW2 would work with it as well.

    -Make a ticket or call them up.
    -Be really friendly and patient when they respond, doesn't matter how retarded the awnser is.
    -Give em all infomation you can.
    -Tell them you are willing to scan your ID and send it over to them if it would help them resolve the issue.
    -Again, be friendly and patient. The moment you piss off the person who is supposed to help you, you are fucked.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialtm View Post
    See funny thing is, when you open that it asks for things like your serial code, your display name, your login name, a characters name. ALL things i DON'T have when trying to contact support or some bullshit form. You cant complete the form by leaving something blank or incorrect. I just don't understand how to get a hold of anyone.

    If i read "I would contact support using the tab at the top of this page then go to ‘ask a question’ to fill out a ticket." my head will explode.
    And the only fields on that form that require information are your name, email, subject, description of issue, and issue. Your GW2 account name is "required", but if you don't know it, you can either leave it blank or put in your best guess/your best email address to be contacted at. Nothing else is required. Sure, it asks for that information that you listed, but none of it is required.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    And the only fields on that form that require information are your name, email, subject, description of issue, and issue. Your GW2 account name is "required", but if you don't know it, you can either leave it blank or put in your best guess/your best email address to be contacted at. Nothing else is required. Sure, it asks for that information that you listed, but none of it is required.
    So i feel dumb, but after entering everything i could and hitting submit i still got an error of an empty field i filled out. This happened last time i looked at it. Turns out it was this tiny drop down box under Issue. I thought i just had to type in the issue. Thanks guys.
    “Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing.”

  10. #10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •