Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

how are dk tanks

compared to others tanks =)?i guess all are balanced but are their any form of a pyramid from best to worst=)?

Dks are probably one of the weaker tanks this tier (expansion)

Skill is a large factor, gear another. Dk seem weak next to say palies because it's easier to play prot pally well in lower gear. But in great get they are comparable

10+ Year Old Account
    DK tanks are fine to use even in heroic progression. Not optimal but totally viable. A pyramid isn't really applicable since so much is based on skill and the fact that some tanks are better on some fights than others.

Unless your DK tank is Nangz. Y U NO OPEN BOXES FASTER BRO!!!
    Nominated Most Average Healer Ever
    My Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omous/advanced
    My Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tamus/advanced
    Pokemon Y FC: 1736-1594-7603 // Name: Human?
    Ghost Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk

Search for 'What is the Best Tank in MoP - Comparison' on youtube. I understand the video may be a bit outdated but the basics are still the same. DK's are nowhere near weak if played correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Dks are probably one of the weaker tanks this tier (expansion)
    ^

BUT, as dk i feel much more rewarding feeling when managed a heroic kill or whatever. knowing im doing just as good as any other class /better sometimes with a class that isn't as strong really is a feeling that is worth having
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

It is really hard to make a list, but I will try. This will be my thoughts as a players who killed 14/14 hc this tier as a blood dk, and have played all tanks at a decent level of gear + progress. I will rate them based on raid cds, personal cds and other I find important as a tank.

Paladin
    Warrior
    Monk
    Druid
    Death Knight.

Paladin comes in a first, because of their amazing raid healing and raid cds. On high vengeance they go nuts.
    Warrior 2nd because of immense raid utility, personal utility and great cds. Very good balanced class.
    Monk 3rd because of their very high passive dmg reduction (stagger) and abilities with up to 90% dmg reduction (highest of any tank), and on top of that they have very high dmg in all circumstances.
    Druid 4th because of their rather weak active mitigation (dodge) and damage that is kinda low before high gear. Very high hp tho, and good raid utility.
    Death Knight at 5th, because of a weak active mitigation (no dmg reduction), and weak damage (at low gear and low vengeance). Very bad raid utility. Have to sacrifice personal cd for anything raid cd. Very squishy against many targets - Can't take as high dmg as other tanks due to little passive damage reduction.

All tanks work and can kill all bosses. This is a rank solely on personal opinion.

The only boss my guild felt like we couldn't use a dk tank on in this tier was heroic siegecrafter, and the reasons why have nothing to do with survivability.

My main spec is Blood. Honestly there are few fights where I have had any kind of issues. I know my highest progression is Flex mode, but I seem to only be bested by Monk Brewmasters when it comes to tanking that content.

So with that said I feel pretty good and confident about tanking as a Death Knight =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    The only boss my guild felt like we couldn't use a dk tank on in this tier was heroic siegecrafter, and the reasons why have nothing to do with survivability.
    Whats the big weakness for having a blood dk for heroic siegecrafter? Supposed to do some progress on it on sunday and one of our main tanks in away.

Death knight tanks have trouble killing the shredders quickly because of low overall damage and a lack of cooldowns to use during the death from above debuff.

What's the tank setup you're planning to run with?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Death knight tanks have trouble killing the shredders quickly because of low overall damage and a lack of cooldowns to use during the death from above debuff.

What's the tank setup you're planning to run with?
    give your tank more stacks of the debuff and rofl the shredder.

We already killed siegecrafter a month and a half ago, warriors eat shredders for breakfast.

yes, warriors do more damage. you can still

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    give your tank more stacks of the debuff and rofl the shredder.

Ya Dragon Roar makes short work of the Shredders !:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zer0xfr View Post
    It is really hard to make a list, but I will try. This will be my thoughts as a players who killed 14/14 hc this tier as a blood dk, and have played all tanks at a decent level of gear + progress. I will rate them based on raid cds, personal cds and other I find important as a tank.

Paladin
    Warrior
    Monk
    Druid
    Death Knight.

Paladin comes in a first, because of their amazing raid healing and raid cds. On high vengeance they go nuts.
    Warrior 2nd because of immense raid utility, personal utility and great cds. Very good balanced class.
    Monk 3rd because of their very high passive dmg reduction (stagger) and abilities with up to 90% dmg reduction (highest of any tank), and on top of that they have very high dmg in all circumstances.
    Druid 4th because of their rather weak active mitigation (dodge) and damage that is kinda low before high gear. Very high hp tho, and good raid utility.
    Death Knight at 5th, because of a weak active mitigation (no dmg reduction), and weak damage (at low gear and low vengeance). Very bad raid utility. Have to sacrifice personal cd for anything raid cd. Very squishy against many targets - Can't take as high dmg as other tanks due to little passive damage reduction.

All tanks work and can kill all bosses. This is a rank solely on personal opinion.
    ... i like people who claim dks are bad when they dont even know them...

dks are by far the best and btw weak active mitigation?? and no dmg reduce?? bloodshields are nooo damage reduce??? are u stupid?

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-11-08 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klabernia View Post
    ... i like people who claim dks are bad when they dont even know them...

dks are by far the best and btw weak active mitigation?? and no dmg reduce?? bloodshields are nooo damage reduce??? are u stupid?

I could go over how the DK mastery isn't really all that great once damage taken exceeds a certain point since it doesn't scale with vengeance and is reactive rather than proactive, but you don't seem like a nice person.

As someone who doesn't raid high end, but does a lot of questing, LFR and now Flex modes, DK tanks are great. After running all tank classes, i can say that I really enjoy DK tanking more than any other class. What others above me have posted is entirely correct: Paladins offer great utility and amazing healing, Warriors have an amazing toolkit (too many for me to keep track of), Monks have a awesome passives and abilities that let them cheese mechanics, and druids blah blah blah.
    So, why do I play a DK? I never "got into" paladins, a warriors thousand utility buttons is overwhelming to me, Monks are too micro-managee for me, and druids are just plain too slow with their 1.5 sec GCD.

TL;DR

DK tanks are friggin' fun as hell!

Just my two cents.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I consider them an okay Tank class, they get the job done. But in general they are nothing special, and Raid Utility comes at the cost of self-survivability(AMZ). Little to no speed enhancements, beyond Death's Advance, which isn't great for something like Juggernaut Bombs.

Currently 12/14 Flex with Guild Group, with two DK Tanks for it usually. Not really too bad, but had a few occasions were one of us have just gone splat randomly. Would love to bring my Paladin or Warrior to these runs due to Warrior mobility and my Paladin being my main, but my DK is my raid main and RL isn't keen on me swapping Chars
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Really not understanding where this "pally so easy lol best tank" mentality is coming from after they have been gutted coming into 5.4. Every fight gets roflstomped by warriors and brewmasters putting up insane numbers by simply pressing their thunderclap button. Damage isn't the only place where they are subpar either; any measure of aoe threat is miserable, easily among the worst among the 5, due to the way Holy Wrath and the like work by dividing damage over x targets rather than the linear increases found in a thunderclap, a bloodboil or diseases and the like.

While it's true that almost every fight in TOT favored their kit, making them god tier, the array of changes in 5.4 have put them far behind most other tanks. The only reason it's possible to get a raid spot as a paladin anymore is due to how important devo aura is as a raid cooldown (thok comes to mind), how good hand of sac is (golly gee look at that, warriors have been given a better sac than we do), and BOP for niche situations (bopping a dps to eat crawler mines, bopping a healer to tranq Thok through screeches). Adding to that, none of these are functions of "being a paladin tank", they are simply for being a paladin. The implication of that being since every paladin brings this utility, it's entirely feasible (common even) for all of it to mean nothing and get a raid spot taken away from you if your raid comp already has enough paladins, effectively negating whatever small value you were being brought for in the first place (because it sure as hell wasn't for your damage or fight control)

If that wasn't bad enough, decent guilds really dislike having double shield tanks. So the warrior pretty much wins that little competition as well.