Deleted

[MW] Anyone else find Renewing Mists a real pain - or is it just the glyph?

Regular RM has a 20 yd range and prefers the closest target. Glyphed adds 20 yards and changed preference to the furthest target. Here are the problems I have with this spell:

- Needs to be on the right targets first in order to Uplift them, however...
    - Bounce speed is very slow. Takes a few seconds to fully spread. Glyped version suffers this the most.
    - Doesn't tick instantly (and has a travel time?!).
    - Using this after some people take damage offers bounce control, but other healers may heal first thanks to the slow spread speed which also delays uplifts. Glyphed version suffers this the most.
    - If you can't predict where Glyphed RM is going to bounce then you can't reliably use it before damage is taken.

I think I should just ditch the glyph and accept the 20 yard range.

Deleted
    To clear up some misconceptions in the OP, Renewing Mist spreads instantly on the tick interval, the spread you see in game is aesthetic. It does not tick instantly because of TFT. You cannot predict where Renewing Mist goes with or without the glyph.

Renewing Mist is a pain yeah but that's just because you're expecting it to be something it's not. ReM has and always will be a buffer, there's not enough prolonged damage on most fights this tier for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    ReM has and always will be a buffer
    What do you mean by that? You need RM before you can Uplift and that's just about all of our AoE. And perhaps I was wrong to think that Glyph is someone you're expected to take. Maybe it was designed only for fights like Immersius.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC View Post
    What do you mean by that? You need RM before you can Uplift and that's just about all of our AoE. And perhaps I was wrong to think that Glyph is someone you're expected to take. Maybe it was designed only for fights like Immersius.
    Are you using yout TFT on uplift? if so, you should have it on about 14-17 people. It is an ability that required pre-meditation to use. If you are using when the raid is taking damage - it is already to late. ReM should already be on the max amount of people prior to the damage being taken.

1st cast - 3 people
    2nd cast - now on 6 people
    3rd cast - by this time after the 2nd jump it is falling off the first person - so this is when I use tft uplift to refresh ReM duration (Ideally I TFT+ uplift with ReM rolling on 8 targes)
    4th - now on 11 people
    5th - now on 14 people

It takes time to build - ideally you want it rolling before the damage hits - Now when u uplift - it will do large amount of aoe healing.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Only problem I have with Renewing Mists is that if you fuck up and don't use it for two seconds than you can't TFT until your next renewing mist. No other healer has their healing killed by failing to press a button by 2 seconds.

it's not difficult to have 98%+ uptime from RM, juste use a Tellmewhen or Weakaura and it will be easier to use rm on cd!

Deleted
    Yeah, pressing RM on CD isn't hard but that still doesn't make it any less of a shit when something (i.e. sudden tank spike, dispel) conflicts with the short CD and the knock-on effect ends up diminishing your coverage and costing you a whole bunch of Uplift healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy016 View Post
    it's not difficult to have 98%+ uptime from RM, juste use a Tellmewhen or Weakaura and it will be easier to use rm on cd!
    How can you even possibly have less than 100%? pre-cast it before pull and always use it on cooldown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiawase View Post
    Yeah, pressing RM on CD isn't hard but that still doesn't make it any less of a shit when something (i.e. sudden tank spike, dispel) conflicts with the short CD and the knock-on effect ends up diminishing your coverage and costing you a whole bunch of Uplift healing.
    That is why you don't solo heal stuff. Your other healers should be aware which targets are not affected by ReM and focus on them. Doesn't make it a better mechanic obviously, but otherwise we'd be resto druids. Plus if your raid can't see the green orbs around them, not much you can do.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Don't worry, of every spec in the game, I feel like MW is the one most likely to get reworked in the expansion. After screwing with them so heavily in 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3 and then doing nothing but a revival nerf in 5.4, it seems like they decided the class needs bigger changes than a simple patch can handle.

The bounce speed is actually amazing. It adds 1-2 seconds of extra time that can be used on Thunder brew. I can uplift 20 people at a time if I can plan 40 or seconds ahead. The lost healing from not getting 1 tick off is worth more uplifts when you need it. Just cast your first ReM on targets that are furthest away from the tanks, and try to do the same for your second. Usually you have time to cast a ReM, then Thunderbrew into uplift right when the first initial target's ReM just wore off, but its only a 1 second window to refresh it.

And healing isnt a direct competition. You shouldnt care if some other healer got a heal off in that time. It means healing is enough for whatever content you are doing and so if you are doing harder content your heal will be there to reinforce other's healing.

But uplifting 20 people at a time = 140k hps.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2013-11-09 at 02:35 PM.
    Chronomancer Club

I have a question, should TFT be used on cooldown everytime, or should I wait knowing when more damage comes?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsock View Post
    I have a question, should TFT be used on cooldown everytime, or should I wait knowing when more damage comes?
    In PvE use it on CD and only to renew ReM if its on 8 people, if its only on 3 - then dont use it.

PvP i only use it for the BIG heal.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Tft basically can almost be used on cd with most of the mechanics as far as i can tell.