BiS Challenge Mode Tanking Trinkets?

Which trinkets would be the best to use for challenge modes (not for just getting gold as that's pretty easy, but to compete for server best times!)?

Would going for DPS trinkets even be worth it or would the extra survability that some of the trinkets provide make up for it and rather rely on having high vengence for dmg?

Please post your opinion on what the best trinkets would be.

Edit: I'm a warrior, but thinking of leveling up my monk to make getting server first times easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on class.

10+ Year Old Account
    server best times will require you to be dps slanted in gemming and reforging. trinkets you want pure tanking, its going to require some crazy pulls. prepare your anus
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    server best times will require you to be dps slanted in gemming and reforging. trinkets you want pure tanking, its going to require some crazy pulls. prepare your anus
    I've already prepared my anus, which trinkets would be the best for tanking? I don't really see that many good tanking tirnkets, like soul barrier is 30k dmg absorb, the healing trinket from SoO is like 0,6% healing from dmg etc, I was thinking the extra attack power from stacking str trinket might be more beneficial because of the extra absorb from shield barrier and dmg.

The only trinket that's fairly decent is the darkmoon trinket when it comes to actual dmg reduction (6.5% dodge~~)

The SoO healing trinket seems like pure garbage for CM's. The old engi trinket on the other hand gives +1800 stats with no real proc. Still that's a huge amount of stats at that ilvl. I'd say that trinket is pretty damn good for most tanking classes with the second trinket depending on class.

Deleted
    In this case, all the non-stamina trinkets from MoP are utter garbage due to being under budget. Unfortunately, most of the stamina trinkets scale bad down to 468, which leaves you with three choices, all of which give you +1270 to stamina plus active or proc (described stats are the ones you'll received inside the dungeons):

1) Iron Protector Talisman - 15% chance on hit to grant 3386 dodge (3,82%) for 15 sec; 55 sec icd.
    2) Relic of Niuzao - On uses 7860 (8,88%) dodge for 10 sec (1 Min Cooldown).
    3) Rook's Unlucky Talisman - On use 14% AoE reduction for 15 sec. (1 Min, 30 Sec Cooldown).

Relic is the absolute best trinket for CM, with the other two being situational depending on the pull and boss encounters. Iron Protector would be the default pick while Rook's is ideal for AoE mobs and bosses (specially Siege of Niuzao Temple).

Regarding specific gear pieces, if you are going for the realm title, min/maxing is absolutely needed. You didn't specify which class are you using so I can't give you any advice beyond recommending you to actually go to wowhead, and make several lists, each with every available piece, from 463 to last tier (or the tier you have access to) and comparing which piece ends up having better budget. Remember that the piece with most sockets takes the crown. Finally, since 5.4, gemming has taking a bit of a turn for Warriors and DKs and now is practically BiS to gem for dodge and parry, since they will each grant a 75% stat bonus to crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is soul barrier is really good from what Ive heard. soul barrier+tanking dark moon trinket combo looks decent. Im just a dps and I have my own set up so I couldnt tell you. if you havent already done cms make sure your addons are up to date. Dont be like me and have to reload ui and waste time just to change talents
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Valhauros View Post
    In this case, all the non-stamina trinkets from MoP are utter garbage due to being under budget. Unfortunately, most of the stamina trinkets scale bad down to 468, which leaves you with three choices, all of which give you +1270 to stamina plus active or proc (described stats are the ones you'll received inside the dungeons):

1) Iron Protector Talisman - 15% chance on hit to grant 3386 dodge (3,82%) for 15 sec; 55 sec icd.
    2) Relic of Niuzao - On uses 7860 (8,88%) dodge for 10 sec (1 Min Cooldown).
    3) Rook's Unlucky Talisman - On use 14% AoE reduction for 15 sec. (1 Min, 30 Sec Cooldown).

Relic is the absolute best trinket for CM, with the other two being situational depending on the pull and boss encounters. Iron Protector would be the default pick while Rook's is ideal for AoE mobs and bosses (specially Siege of Niuzao Temple).

Regarding specific gear pieces, if you are going for the realm title, min/maxing is absolutely needed. You didn't specify which class are you using so I can't give you any advice beyond recommending you to actually go to wowhead, and make several lists, each with every available piece, from 463 to last tier (or the tier you have access to) and comparing which piece ends up having better budget. Remember that the piece with most sockets takes the crown. Finally, since 5.4, gemming has taking a bit of a turn for Warriors and DKs and now is practically BiS to gem for dodge and parry, since they will each grant a 75% stat bonus to crit.
    Thanks, ye items with gem slots are best. Currently got 21 gem slots in total on my gear, just need neck and another ring with gem slot.

I'm playing warrior btw, I havent done the challenge modes since first tier of mop, and then I did it as dps so I dont really know what's the bis gear any more. Do you happen to know what hte BiS items for protection warriors are atm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghost Iron Dragonling isn't a bad trinket, considering how easy it is to get. +1800 stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    Ghost Iron Dragonling isn't a bad trinket, considering how easy it is to get. +1800 stats.
    Difficulty isnt a problem for me, I'll gladly do raid finder as long as it takes to get an item if it's best in slot, already did ToT raid finder 20~~ times in a day to get my BiS ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyuru View Post
    Difficulty isnt a problem for me, I'll gladly do raid finder as long as it takes to get an item if it's best in slot, already did ToT raid finder 20~~ times in a day to get my BiS ring.
    Nice. Now that's dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    The problem with dragonling is that if you've ever gotta invis and that stupid little fuckin dragon that does nothing is out, he WILL aggro shit and fuck your invis pot. I don't think there is any way to despawn it and there's no real way to tell how much longer it is out. That was reason enough for me to stop using it instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    The problem with dragonling is that if you've ever gotta invis and that stupid little fuckin dragon that does nothing is out, he WILL aggro shit and fuck your invis pot. I don't think there is any way to despawn it and there's no real way to tell how much longer it is out. That was reason enough for me to stop using it instantly.
    it despawns if you remove the trinket. it's a pain but you can use a macro to swap your trinkets out and then back in. in addition, this can be done without popping your out of invis pots.