Deleted

advice wich battlepet i should lvl

Hi there,
    i recently started doing the battlepet game.
    the goal for me is to have a good enough rooster to get me through the tournament and do all the elementals.
    so now i have 5 pets on lvl 25
    lil Ragnaros
    Mojo
    Clockwork Gnome
    unborn Valkyr
    and Netherray fry

ill probably lvl my Murkalot next.
    but what else should i get sooner rather then later?
    any must have pets?

would also apreciate if you could give a role description of the pet since i dont know most of them (tanky, cc, nuker and so on)

Anubisath Idol. No doubt. This pet is a powerhouse and a cornerstone to beating quite a lot of the pandaren trainers on your first time through.

Deleted
    ok, but what does him make so strong?
    is it that it has strong def skills and still a good dmg?

that seems good, but for me it doesnt look like its so super strong.

am i right that anubisath should use crush, stoneskin and deflection?

Quote Originally Posted by Syl3r View Post
    ok, but what does him make so strong?
    is it that it has strong def skills and still a good dmg?

that seems good, but for me it doesnt look like its so super strong.

am i right that anubisath should use crush, stoneskin and deflection?
    He does a decent amount of damage with Crush, but with Sandstorm covering you and Deflection to avoid brutal attacks you can take down a lot of pets in PVE without breaking a sweat.

anubisath idol's reflect is insanely strong against trainers as they are all scripted and you can easily tell when they are going to use a big attack

If you want to do the celestial tournament on a small pet budget you need a pandaran water spirit. He has the unique ability to put out whirlpool and geyser, and that's huge for the big single pet fights. The idol absolutely rocks. Other useful pets are Chromius, emerald whelp/emerald proto-drake, and the darkmoon tonk - I use them all over the place.

Deleted
    Anubisath Idol is an obvious choice but others to consider -

Crab - Magical Crawdad or Emperor Crab are good choices. Good for tank situations where an Anub Idol won't cut it.
    Flyer - Gilnean Raven or Crow can cover a lot of situations, Jade Owl is decent as well being ele type with flying moves
    Cat - good for grinding on critters when leveling pets (Valley of the Four Winds being a decent spot), Cheetah Cub and Nightsaber Cub are examples
    Frog/Turtle - Aquatic with critter moves can be handy against undeads, which are not that common in trainer battles but get used a lot in PvP battles
    Anti-ele pet - need something to help against those pesky elemental fights then something like a Rapana Whelk is nice
    Call Lightning - get a pet with this and combine it with a multi attack move like turrets or hunting party. This is a totally dull tactic though but it works. Sunreaver Microsentry and some Dragons have it for example, many critters, zandarlari pets (this being my fave cos of black claw) and your clockwork gnome have multi attacks.

If you wanna destroy the legendary pets get a Pandaren Water Spirit and Chrominus and combine them with the Unborn Valk you already have. This is also works on a few of the last 4 in the Celestial Tournament.

Sorry I also forgot to mention, if you don't mind camping a bit try to get an uncommon or better P/P Emerald Proto Whelp. It's another versatile pet for PVE that's indispensable for your arsenal and can be used in so many situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Syl3r View Post
    Hi there,
    i recently started doing the battlepet game.
    the goal for me is to have a good enough rooster to get me through the tournament and do all the elementals.
    As someone else mentioned, you want the Pandaren Water Spirit and Chrominius for sure. You also want a pet with Curse of Doom (Lost of Lordaeron is easy to get).

I used a bear (Darkshore Cub, or any other bear works) to level a lot of my pets quickly because Hibernate is a huge self-heal, and a bear can solo most non-trainer/special battles itself with this ability, you just need to swap in the other pets for 1 round to get xp.

I use a Cogblade Raptor often against special beasts, since the +damage debuff and Batter combo is huge.

The Clockwork Gnome is also a very good pet against many opponents. Clock'em is also great against dragonkin because of Jab and Dodge.

You also want at least 1 snail (or 2) for the tournament. Snails are fairly easy to find near max level in Pandaria.