Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    When you stop subbing, or turn off your computer to do something else, you ARE the wow killer.
    It's all on you baby! lol

This soap opera drama about which game will beat it is just a game to keep you in the market. ^_^
    Only you can kill wow, by not playing it.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

the only thing that will kill wow is Wow itself.

The wow killer is time.

Ghostcrawler is the WoW killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    It doesn't even have to be a game. People could have move on in life from gaming. Or they could be doing other things online unrelated to gaming.
    What if we're doing it right now? what if it's posting about games on gaming forums?
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL is just a bad fad that will die out eventually, most people leave games because of things changing in there life. I have multiple friends that left WoW because they didn't have the time to commit anymore. They play Dota 2 & CoD alot, but those are quick games they can jump into when they want.

They always say though, if they have the time to commit to Schedule in WoW again, they would resub in a heartbeat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    Why does something have to kill wow?

Last I knew video killed the radio star.
    Lol good reference +100 cool points .
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

It's been 10 years or something? Or close to it? There is no "wow killer"
    The game will get old and die eventually. There is no magic "thing" that will come along to "kill" it. No hobby has ever been killed by something else. People get bored, they move on, they find different shit to do. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    It's been 10 years or something? Or close to it? There is no "wow killer"
    The game will get old and die eventually. There is no magic "thing" that will come along to "kill" it. No hobby has ever been killed by something else. People get bored, they move on, they find different shit to do. That's it.
    Nostalgia and time are the only real 'WoW killers'. I'd be willing to guess that 9 times out of 10, when someone hangs up the WoW hat for the final time, it's because they either wish it could be more like it was at an earlier time period (and are tired of playing something that they enjoy less than before), or (more than likely) they simply just get tired of the game. No real activity, item, exterior game, or anything else can really 'kill' a game or activity like WoW...people simply move on over time. The game is getting old, it is inevitable that the subscription numbers decline, and there is a guarantee that one day WoW will no longer be played at all. Do you see waves of people hooking up their Atari consoles on a daily basis and playing for hours on end? No, because it is simply just outdated.

Now, that's not saying Blizzard can't revive the Warcraft scene with a WoW2 or something big and new that grabs people's attention spans once again, but things like new expansions and items in the current game itself won't do much for keeping WoW going indefinitely. As I said already, things like this die over time... the blame can hardly be pinpointed on anything other than time itself.
    Last edited by Narrative; 2013-11-08 at 12:56 AM.

I hate MOBAs with a burning passion.

Real life, the wowkiller.

The killer was in the house THE WHOLE TIME GAHHHHH