Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I agree that those changes would make the game better, but improving the game won't cause an increase in subs at this point.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Encouraging solo play in an MMO and rewarding terrible play (vote kick protection an determination) are not good for an MMO.
    Making raid content economically viable to develop by increasing the audience who can make use of it, however, is.

MoP raiding has been some of the best ever and the blame an be laid squarely with LFR which made it worthwhile for Blizzard to put resources into its development.

EJL

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WTB difficult 5 man heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    They tried that with Cataclysm and feedback was rather negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Solution: Split challenge modes into 2 parts

First part is a timed run with transmog as a reward (current system)
    Second part is exactly the same difficulty but the reward is a large amount of jp and vp, a small chance at a mount, and requires a premade (perhaps some dungeon boss achievements?)

Leave heroics as the same faceroll, mind numbing mess that they are now for people who want to que up.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    So they should just separate it into three modes.

Heroic should be heroic, like a heroic raid is heroic. Not timed challenge mode stuff. Something where you have to use CC and communicate, take your time, etc.

Regular should be like heroic is now. And then there should be a pre end level mode of the dungeon that is even easier for people still leveling and gearing.

You run the pre level cap ones and when you ding to max it automatically switches to normal mode, and if you choose to you can queue for heroic but you will have to be prepared for the difficulty, people leaving group, not communicating, etc. The difference is Cataclysm you couldn't choose. This way it's entirely up to the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Didn't they try that at the start of Cata? They made healers so that mana would run out if you spammed heals like a bot. That didn't go so well.

I feel sorry for the insurance company you are CEO of.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    Joke's on you, buddy.
    You've fallen for one of my CLASSIC ENTRAPMENTS.
    And have been thoroughly TRICKED, no amount of excuses can save you from the rectal ravaging of a life time now that you're in my CONNIVING CLAWS, for I am LOKI, THE TRICKSTER GOD.
    -monocle pop-

CURSES. FOILED AGAIN.

Nah but seriously, I don't care if I'm getting trolled with this kinda stuff generally. Because for every silly troll, there are people who actually believe this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomii View Post
    While I would really like that. No sorry, wow is never EVER going to gain more than 10 mil subs again. The game is getting old, and only the people who really love this game will cling on, the rest will just move on or quit.
    Game is getting old? How about no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Blizz employee comes and say: Hello I'm Joe Blizzworker and I would like to tell you about the improvement of our awesome game - we well take a shit on it and on you. Yeah! We gonna shit all over features that are extremely popular in WoW.
    Popolur feature =/= good feature. LFR and LFD is popular becous of majority of game are lazy casuals. If you would remove this features they would not left. They would have to just stop being lazy and put some effort. Ye they would cry all day long but thats it nothing els would happen. Nobady need LFR/LF in TBC or WOTLK and nboady needs it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Making raid content economically viable to develop by increasing the audience who can make use of it, however, is.

MoP raiding has been some of the best ever and the blame an be laid squarely with LFR which made it worthwhile for Blizzard to put resources into its development.

EJL
    Oh really?

TBC raid content last long for you whole expansion = people subed much longer
    MOP raid content last 1 o 2 weeks befor you clear it in LFR = people cancel their subscriptions after 1 month

Removing this features and bring back MMO would increase player base and you can argue as you want. But this is fact so deal with it. Casualism is reaosn why this game do not grow anymore. And saying that wow is old is stupid esxcuse for dropig player base. There is plenty of game out there what are much older with much bigger player base.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2013-11-08 at 04:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been a LOYAL customer for 9 years. Constant Sub, NEVER Unsubbed.

I can Guarantee you I would leave the game and never come back if they made those changes.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Did people seriously quit over transmog?

Makes me wonder what the fuck an "insurance CEO" is doing on an MMO forum. Or what insurance has to do with sub numbers....

Most current players are lazy ass casuals. They would all quit.

The game would go down to 1M subs.

Then I would join ^^

And it would be 1,000,001 subs.

Not gonna happen. Next expak will be faceroll as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Popolur feature =/= good feature. LFR and LFD is popular becous of majority of game are lazy casuals. If you would remove this features they would not left. They would have to just stop being lazy and put some effort. Ye they would cry all day long but thats it nothing els would happen. Nobady need LFR/LF in TBC or WOTLK and nboady needs it now.
    Popular means good in a game that survives on numbers. And the fact that they were not around in TBC/Vanilla/WOTLK meant only that lesser people would experience the endgame and the story of WoW. Nothing more. What it meant to some douchebag hardcore-wannabe raider who enjoyed stroaking his e-peen in populated areas cause he was running around with raid gear, is a different story.

LFR (not LFD) allows players to experience the endgame without the same degree of.... devotion to raiding but with lesser rewards than the ones who choose to devote themselves to being "professional" endgamers. I think that's fair considering the alternative.

And frankly who would Blizz listen to? Many outraged casuals who are complaining about the removal of LFR or a bunch of douchebag hardcore wannabes who are complaining that their gear does not impress the plebes as it used to...?

Get over yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even hardcore raiders like transmog. At least do the trolling proper like.

Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    That they're removing:

1) LFR/LFD
    2) Transmog

and making:

3) Content last the way they lasted in TBC and Vanilla

Let me guaranteed you, let me guaranteed Blizzard, let me insure everyone cause I'm an insurance CEO that WoW's sub will jump from 7.6 mil to 15 mil so fast and to 18 mil in the next 10 months after Warlord of Draenor Launch that the amount of cancers who quit because of the removal of Transmog and LFR/LFD will look like they're a group of 12 people.

This game grew up without LFR/LFD, transmog, and easy heroic... then it got cancer and started dying and stopped growing. It can get its cancer cured and continue growing like it did when it was a teenager.

Do the right thing Blizz.
    Content lasted the way it did in TBC because it was difficult.

Content lasted the way it did in Vanilla because it required you to farm ludicrous amounts of gear to get past a single gimmick. Every fight in vanilla that lasted longer than a week was either:
    A.) A gimmick that required tons of resists or completely unresistable taunts.
    B.) Bugged and literally unkillable.

So when you say "like TBC and Vanilla", you actually mean one or the other, because they didn't last long for similar reasons.

Second, bad news, but WOW will never get to 15 million at this stage. That alone is laughable. 18 million, though? You're honestly clueless and just throwing out random numbers to make your point sound valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Popular means good in a game that survives on numbers. And the fact that they were not around in TBC/Vanilla/WOTLK meant only that lesser people would experience the endgame and the story of WoW. Nothing more. What it meant to some douchebag hardcore-wannabe raider who enjoyed stroaking his e-peen in populated areas cause he was running around with raid gear, is a different story.

LFR (not LFD) allows players to experience the endgame without the same degree of.... devotion to raiding but with lesser rewards than the ones who choose to devote themselves to being "professional" endgamers. I think that's fair considering the alternative.

And frankly who would Blizz listen to? Many outraged casuals who are complaining about the removal of LFR or a bunch of douchebag hardcore wannabes who are complaining that their gear does not impress the plebes as it used to...?

Get over yourself.
    Don't panic. Blizzard will never give up on the lesser ones, casuals, and incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by scarson View Post
    Don't panic. Blizzard will never give up on the lesser ones, casuals, and incompetent.
    I always enjoy when players look down on other players like they're not even human beings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by scarson View Post
    So why all the bitching then? If it's known that causal catering will continue? Oh right. You are afraid you won't be noticed any more and people won't regard you as "special".

So yeah, I'm not worried. Why are you?