Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
  1. #281
    LFR is not to be taken seriously because it's a joke for LAZY people that "want to see content" <--- aka want free gear.
    Gee, people wanting gear and progress in a MMORPG...

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Gee, people wanting gear and progress in a MMORPG...
    I know right. The NERVE!

  3. #283
    Herald of the Titans Suffer the Consequences's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In a bunker, stockpiling an arsenal you wouldn't fucking believe.
    Posts
    2,642
    The gear gap is still not good enough for some heroic raiders the same reason the wealth gap isn't good enough for some rich people. It's not enough that they have the most, but everyone else has less and less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Her head is so far up her own asshole that I'm surprised she's not on the list of people she's fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Yes, it was Cummy. Cummy Fluffington.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Sorry I'm canadian.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by scarson View Post
    RPG does not equal progression. RPG is role playing.

    How is getting free purples by logging in is RPG? Care to explain?

    What does all this "entitlement" because you pay $15 have to do with RPG?

    How is teleporting with 24 random people to the dungeon by clicking on interface button, but not traveling there through the world, is RPG?

    How is killing strong foes while frolicking or AFKing in LFR fits in with the spirit of RPG?

    If it is about "progression", why the free gear?

    Don't you understand when you get free purplez through no effort, there is NO PROGRESSION. You did NOT progress. You clicked a button and got your purplez.

    You have no idea what role playing games feel like. Don't ever use RPG for your fail attempts to justify your free gear ride!

    Game is there to play, available to all subscribers. You can play and enjoy, you can role-play, you can progress. If you do not want to do those things, why are you in the game in the first place?
    You really don't get my point, do you?

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    the gear is not the problem. The problem is that the gear is given for free, and they still get to see content

    they don't deserve gear, they don't deserve to see end game content
    For free? What?! Ever spent two or three hours in LFR and only down a single boss? Cause that shit SUCKS.

    I mean, it's easy to find a flex pug that downs bosses in 4 minutes or less and can clear 2 wings in 90 minutes, whereas almost every time I've gone into LFR it's a fucking nightmare of wasted time. I'd say LFR gear (and seeing the endgame) is earned, if only through suffering, dealing with incompetent jerks all night, and repair bills.

    I'm sorry if that would interfere with your fragile ego; you're going to have to find another way to be mommy's special snowflake.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    You do know you are talking about a video game here.......
    That's exactly it. The problem with this particular (and pretty vocal) group in WoW -Grogo and Scarson and the legions of forum posters like them- is that they get their sense of self-respect from a video game. For most of us, regardless of what we do in game, it's just a game. For them... it's their life and their self-esteem. Kinda creepy when you think about it.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    The gear gap is still not good enough for some heroic raiders the same reason the wealth gap isn't good enough for some rich people. It's not enough that they have the most, but everyone else has less and less.
    Heroic gear is for beating heroic bosses. If they werent tuned to require such gear level to beat that gear wouldnt be needed and probably wouldnt exist. The prestige part about it is invented by people who never did that kind of content and are just jealous.

  7. #287
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,376
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    The gear gap is still not good enough for some heroic raiders the same reason the wealth gap isn't good enough for some rich people. It's not enough that they have the most, but everyone else has less and less.
    It's low self esteem, self conscious people. Most normal people including progression raiders don't give a crap about people receiving gear. It's the whiners in between casual and heroic that cry the most. They will never figure out that no one cares about their epics.

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    The gear gap is still not good enough for some heroic raiders the same reason the wealth gap isn't good enough for some rich people. It's not enough that they have the most, but everyone else has less and less.
    "It is not enough that I should succeed - others should fail."

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    The gear gap is still not good enough for some heroic raiders the same reason the wealth gap isn't good enough for some rich people. It's not enough that they have the most, but everyone else has less and less.
    This is where you are wrong. I am a hc raider and I think the gap is more than enough.

    Like one of the hc raiders who posted, I actually do enjoy doing the odd lfr once in a while where I can do 20% of the the total raid damage done out of 25 ppl. LOL. An issue people seem to misunderstand is that gear isn't the sole reason for high or low dps. Hc raiders generally have a standard of play which is higher than the majority of lfr heroes. No we don't care that you get gear. Skill > gear. Gear is just for us to progress on hc bosses. And also there's a a difference between casual and bad. I raid 9 hours a week but I'm more than halfway into hc soo. Baddies will be bad. They will will never run out of excuses such as no time blablabla.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    "It is not enough that I should succeed - others should fail."

    Seriously. You know, all of these people are saying that heroic raiders don't complain that "casuals" have too much gear, but the other day I was talking to my guildies about the new 20 man raid size, and one of them (who is in the server first raid team) went off on a rant about how it will end "fake raiders (meaning those who run 10 man heroic) being able to get gear they don't deserve." I went on to talk to him about this, and I get the impression that he really does base his RL self worth buy the size of his e-peen and feels that anyone who has gear even close to his is a threat to his ego.

    I just hope that we get badge gear back in WoD. Having to spend 6+ mind numbing hours every week running braid dead LFR every week for gear that is terrible but still gets me hate is really old.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Gee, people wanting gear and progress in a MMORPG...
    Which has existed from launch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    "It is not enough that I should succeed - others should fail."
    Meanwhile those who fail seek to ensure that no one else shall surpass them. Such toxic mentalities that are given attention.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-11-10 at 08:55 AM.

  12. #292
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    93
    To be fair, I do feel the need for raids to be exclusive, even if I personally wouldn't get to see them that way. To be able to see the entirety of any game requires being rewarded for demonstrated skill. Imagine if you could get a Gears of War game, for example, and skip to the very last mission, or choose any mission from the get-go, without completing the storyline first, under the guise of "seeing content." I don't mind seeing content, I want players to be able to immerse themselves in lore and narrative, but this is a game and so those things have to be earned. The exclusivity adds stake to the game, and if you could just LFR it (which by my experience is a terrible, terrible excuse for an instanced social experience) then it just feels...void.

    As for having content for those without access to raiding, emphasis on dungeons has to return to provide them with content and as a stepping stone towards raiding.

  13. #293
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    "It is not enough that I should succeed - others should fail."
    The new spirit of the age "All for ourselves and nothing for other people"
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •