Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

You time travelled, saved Draenor from destruction & Illidan too...

Is this the expansion you want? Time travel to Draenor before the explosion, it got saved from destruction and now you're back in the present with a whole different looking Draenor.

A full planet this time, a lot more Draenei in it, hidden, a lot more brown orcs too, it's had a generation to grow since being cut off from Azeroth - remember Azeroth and the events on it remain unchanged.. what is re-written is Outland, the fate of Alleria and Turalyon is finally explained.

Only Draenor is changed, not the Azeroth time line, which means the fate of Illidan, Kael'thas, the Sunwell and everything that happened in TFT & TBC concerning Outland happens differently. Yes Kael'thas is missing from Azeroth and the Sunwell is restored there, but there are differences now in what happened.

There is a new legion invasion of that world, and this is the main thrust fo the expansion...

Is this the expansion you want?

I really want this yes, this would also make sense, so that they could redo outland in the expansion after Draenor, as they have wanted to for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Is this the expansion you want? Time travel to Draenor before the explosion, it got saved from destruction and now you're back in the present with a whole different looking Draenor.

A full planet this time, a lot more Draenei in it, hidden, a lot more brown orcs too, it's had a generation to grow since being cut off from Azeroth - remember Azeroth and the events on it remain unchanged.. what is re-written is Outland, the fate of Alleria and Turalyon is finally explained.

Only Draenor is changed, not the Azeroth time line, which means the fate of Illidan, Kael'thas, the Sunwell and everything that happened in TFT & TBC concerning Outland happens differently. Yes Kael'thas is missing from Azeroth and the Sunwell is restored there, but there are differences now in what happened.

There is a new legion invasion of that world, and this is the main thrust fo the expansion...

The implications for older characters we know and the past WoW expansions is why I believe we actually time travel, and are not presented with the present day results.
    And after thinking about it for a long time I've actually really warmed to the idea.

Most of what you mentioned isn't happening.

While this may not have been my ideal expansion, and it seems unlikely, this would be incredibly cool to see.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Deleted
    I dont think that we are going to safe Draenor on purpose (if Draenor is safed)
    I think at first we are only there to stop Garrosh but then something will happen and the timeline is completely changed for Draenor. Like Garrosh is killing Nerzhul or so. But then there would be a major problem.....what about the Lich King?
    Well.....its too much of speculation here. I just wait for tomorrow and see what Blizzard will say

this would be awsome..would open up alot of doors!

Quote Originally Posted by badmadz View Post
    I dont think that we are going to safe Draenor on purpose (if Draenor is safed)
    I think at first we are only there to stop Garrosh but then something will happen and the timeline is completely changed for Draenor. Like Garrosh is killing Nerzhul or so. But then there would be a major problem.....what about the Lich King?
    Well.....its too much of speculation here. I just wait for tomorrow and see what Blizzard will say
    Ner'zhul will not be involved at all. Chris Metzen has already said that they have finished his story with the Lich King, and he will not return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manisher View Post
    Ner'zhul will not be involved at all. Chris Metzen has already said that they have finished his story with the Lich King, and he will not return.
    If they go into the past he will as he is the one that rips Draenor apart, it also makes me think about the Skull of Gul'dan, & what will happen with it. Plus the Eye of Dalaran, Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras & Book of Medivh.

Also could this mean that if they fix the Draenor timeline Garrosh will have his own Army & they see us as enemies, but the Draenei, Gronn & Orges don't have to change anything that in Azeroth, just retcon a few things like Deathwing flees to Deepholm, but we get a brand new World that would be very cool.

Would this mean Gruul would be alive again ??
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-07 at 12:41 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    If they go into the past he will, it also makes me think about the Skull of Gul'dan, & what will happen with it.
    Couldn't find the video, but found the qout of wowwiki
    "When asked about Ner'zhul at BlizzCon 2010, Chris Metzen said, "Yes. Yeah, Ner'zhul is done. He served us well in that capacity, but really the Lich King idea... really is the ultimate expression, you know, as Arthas or whatever. Ner'zhul's done."

Yes, I want it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

uhm it dossen't work like you think it does...

Draenor is directly connected to Azeroth
    why?

If the orcs had not invaded Azeroth on the Legion's command, we would not have had a azeroth anymore.
    why?

Quite Simply the fact that the Night elf's would have been standing alone against the burning legion, with out there ancients.

Most human kingdoms would never had stood a chance against the Legion, admittedly they would all be alive but yeh.

So it's a evil circle but a nessecary one, as the Bronze Dragonflgiht even said in cavrens of time about the fate of Thralls "sister".
    "You have done a great thing, <name>. Alas, the young warchief's memory of these events must be as they originally were... "

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer is simple:
    We time travel and change a timeline and all the future lore is based on the change we made to timeline.
    So the 'current' world would just be something that happened in another timeline and we continue to 'live' in the timeline we changed.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    So there would be no horde or alliance then, as the legion has not attacked ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Resorting to time travel is what decent to bad scifi shows sometimes do when they're just plain out of ideas and need filler to keep the show going. Like episodes that rehash what happened earlier throughout the series, using very little new footage and trying to explain everything you've probably already seen cause writers are scratching their heads trying to come up with new ideas. It's basically going like this. "Hey, guiz. What IF...we go back in time and change how things played out? We'd have the same universe and the same characters, only it'll be like an alternate reality so we can just monkey around with everything and make good guys bad guys and revive people who were dead. I mean, we wouldn't have to create new fiction, we could just recycle what we've got and do a bunch of fan service with characters the players like! It's easy and they'll love us!"
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    PRESENT Ner'zhul won't be, no.

The problem with time travel and messing with the past is, that by doing so, you also change the present, as it's the result of said past.
    And there's no changing "just Draenor's timeline", as the events taking place there also had meaningful effects on Azeroth: orc clans corrupted by demons -> united into Horde -> attacking Azeroth -> Alliance is created and beats the Horde etc. -> New Horde with orcs, tauren and trolls is created -> They both unite to repel the Legion at the end of Third War.
    Who knows, what exact effects would it have on current time? (It's explained that way by one of the Bronze Dragons back in TBC dungeon of Black Morass, where you make sure Medivh manages to open the Dark Portal, and make the Horde invasion possible: without it, there'd be no Alliance, without Alliance and Horde, Burning Legion would eradicate all life on Azeroth)

Edit: Kharli got there first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't find the video, but found the qout of wowwiki
    "When asked about Ner'zhul at BlizzCon 2010, Chris Metzen said, "Yes. Yeah, Ner'zhul is done. He served us well in that capacity, but really the Lich King idea... really is the ultimate expression, you know, as Arthas or whatever. Ner'zhul's done."
    Unless we they kill Ner'Zhul off screen, like Mace said. But it would be nice to see Gul'dan in-game, but that would mess up the lore.

I guess what Mace said is the best outcome & Ner'Zhul gets the same punishment by KJ in the original timeline.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not really.
    I'm not a fan of time travel shenanigans in general, and I also love Lovecraft's books. So, yeah, I'm a LITTLE biased towards TDB...
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    No, because Velen and the Draenei will be there, as well. It would be ridiculous to have 2 Velens (who doesn't do shit). If Draenor wasn't destroyed and Kael'thas's story changed, the Draenei never would have come to Azeroth. Which would not only changing the present time drastically, but also erasing the whole Burning Crusade story with the Naru and the army of light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shengar View Post
    No, because Velen and the Draenei will be there, as well. It would be ridiculous to have 2 Velens (who doesn't do shit). If Draenor wasn't destroyed and Kael'thas's story changed, the Draenei never would have come to Azeroth. Not only changing the present time, but also erasing the whole Burning Crusade story with the Naru and the army of light.
    What if Draenor never exploded, but was still being pounded by the Burning Legion & the Draenei still left Draenor to escape the Burning Legion.