Please note, all information, is in the Alpha-Early Beta stage and is subject to change at any given moment!
Mage (non-spec) Information
- L90 talents supposedly abolished. L75 Bomb tier supposedly still here, so while most classes have 1 new tier (L100) to look forward to, we have 2. (Source: Voltaa talking to a dev) (No longer confirmed. We'll have to wait and see on this one)
- Mage Bombs will NOT be Multidottable. This is unconfirmed whether or not that means the L75 talent tier is gone or not. (Source: Celestalon's Twitter)
- Due to a new source as of Feb 25th (posted below in the L75 Talents section), it seems like the Mage Bombs are here to stay, but optional.
- Alter Time will get some dev attention. (Source: Celestalon's Twitter)
Uh... yeah. Fuckall so far.
- Ignite and Combustion will still be snapshot DoTs, despite Snapshotting being removed. (Source: Celestalon's Twitter) [Source for Snapshotting being removed below]
- However, Celestalon didn't mention anything about Combustion with Haste and Crit. Ignite however is confirmed to work as it always has because it's a special kind of DoT.
- Water Elementals are getting a new spell (Source: Celestalon's Twitter)
- This new spell will share a CD with Freeze, so I guess we're seeing a new iteration of "Water Jet". (Source: Celestalon's Twitter)
Caster (general) Information
- Gear Archtypes gone. Cloth drops will NEVER have Spirit, for example. (Source: Day 2 Information panel)
- Jewelry, Cloaks, Trinkets, and Weapons do not follow ^ and may have Spirit.
- Spirit is once again a Healer-only stat, so Shadow Priests, Balance Druids, and Elemental Shamans no longer benefit from it.
- DoT Snapshotting and Haste Breakpoints removed; DoTs will scale dynamically with your stats in real-time. (Source: This thread and Celestalon's Twitter)
- In addition, all classes get Warlock's Pandemic, so applying DoTs at most 50% early will not be wasted (weird to think how that will work with LB) [UNCONFIRMED/HAS NO SOURCE]
- New Secondary Item Stats: These stats will be on the same budget as Crit (Chance), Haste, Mastery, etc. (Source: Day 2 Information panel) (Source for MS, Amp, and Readiness: Twitter and the "Gear Changes in WoD" post) (Source that Cleave and Amplification are temporarily removed: Celestalon's Twitter; they are likely to return at a later date)
- Cleave: Increased AoE damage (Removed... for now. Source above)
- Multistrike: Attacks can proc a second, weaker, version of itself (Kardris' Toxic Totem)
- Multistrike will "roll twice" in PvE and "roll once" in PvP (Source: Holinka's Twitter)
- Lhivera has generously provided a plethora of information on his site all about Multistrike. (Source: Lhivera's Library [However, Lhivera is not a credible source for unreleased information, so we need his sources to confirm this, though it's still a good read]
- Amplitude: Increased Critical Strike damage (Removed... for now. Source above)
- Readiness: Shorter Cooldowns (Those trinkets we didn't get to try)
- New Tertiary Item Stats: These stats will not be on any budget at all and will randomly 'generate' on gear pieces.
- Speed: Movement Speed that will stack with other speed buffs (to a certain cap)
- Steadiness: Indestructible equip; NO durability losses (on the pieces you have with Steadiness)
- Avoidance: Reduces AoE damage taken
- Lifesteal: Damage you deal to enemies heals you
- Hit and Expertise removed. Reforging also removed. (Source: Day 2 Information panel)
- There will be more "dynamic" trinkets, such as UVLS (though hopefully useful for MAGES this time) (Source: This thread)
- Critical Damage in PvP lowered to 150%, down from 200% (Source for PvP: Holinka's Twitter) (Source that this will NOT be in PvE: Holinka's Twitter)
- Amount of procs lining up (trinkets, enchants, etc) will be toned down so we don't have the craziness that we do today (Source: Holinka's Twitter)
Mage Talents (overall)
- Mage Talents have gone through significant revision: 12 brand new, 3 existing/old spells turned into talents, and 4 were majorly changed. (Source: Celestalon's Twitter)
- There will be 29 total Mage Talents: The base 7 tiers of 3 (21) and 4 of those will changed based on spec (+8). This also brings a new meaning to the point above. (Source: Celestalon's Twitter)
Mage L75 talents
- It's highly likely that Mage Bombs will be consolidated to one talent on the tier so we can have two additional new talents. (Source: MMO-Champion's Developer Interviews and other unknown sources prior) [Unofficially Confirmed]
Mage L90 talents
- All but removed. One of the talent's "good part" has been salvaged, but the other two were completely scrapped. (Source: Celestalon's Twitter)
Mage L100 Talents
Note: There was talk that ALL THREE TALENTS BELOW were purely for a preview to show at Blizzcon and none will be making it into the final game. However, this is currently [UNCONFIRMED/HAS NO SOURCE] and purely speculation because of that.