Page 50 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rjparker1 View Post
    It's not OP... the way I see it, you have to stand still long enough for the effects to trigger, they will simply move bosses around (which is what they are doing more and more in SoO and probably moreso in WoD).

In order for it to be truly useful means you have to be good at predicting where the bosses might be when and if it procs.. I don't see it being OP simply because it requires a static placement.
    Well, look at the SoO bosses, theres quite a few bosses where you dont move the boss at all. Immersus, Norushen, Sha, Iron Juggernaut, Malkorok, Siegecrafter(most of the part).

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Also, Hi Kuni.
    I want it noted that I'm blind. Hi.

Or they could simply find a way to stop Combustion synergy with AT and then buff combustion to still be potent after a few big pyro crits.
    Assuming they don't change fire from crit reliance to say, multistrike, I could see them doing exactly that. There have been tweets in the past that they don't like how AT/PoM works with fire. There's now a recent tweet saying they're doing something with AT. I could see AT disappearing, or at least going as a talent option. I don't think PoM will exist in WoD at all. It's limited to fire for PVE, and it causes instant CC in PVP, something they want to get rid of. If you remove the ability for fire to stack a dozen cooldowns into combustion's damage, it would be buffed back up.

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Leaving aside the other two which I feel cannot be saved, would any of you be surprised to see Rune of Power repurposed as some sort of DPS cooldown?
    Not in the slightest. I think it'd be a creative use of the mechanic. I still like the idea of RoP, I just don't enjoy the implementation in the slightest. Having it exist for ~20 seconds or so as a cooldown option would be pretty awesome. I think they could salvage it, and maybe retune MI, and some third option as a DPS CD talent line to replace the current 90s.

Bit of a thought about our level 90 talents.

Well, one. Rune of Power.

Out of all of them, Rune of Power could be salvaged. Leaving aside the other two which I feel cannot be saved, would any of you be surprised to see Rune of Power repurposed as some sort of DPS cooldown?
    Only way I see it being salvaged is for it to not require player input every single freaking time you have to move out of it.. Maybe have it as a sort of cast(or be a passive) a buff on yourself that everytime you haven't moved for ~3 seconds you gain a Rune of Power under your feet. That way the core of the spell is still there, but you wouldn't need to cast it all the time, given it would be freaking nightmare on frequent movement fights, when comparing to the 8 yard radius on cast RoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post

Assuming they don't change fire from crit reliance to say, multistrike, I could see them doing exactly that. There have been tweets in the past that they don't like how AT/PoM works with fire. There's now a recent tweet saying they're doing something with AT. I could see AT disappearing, or at least going as a talent option. I don't think PoM will exist in WoD at all. It's limited to fire for PVE, and it causes instant CC in PVP, something they want to get rid of. If you remove the ability for fire to stack a dozen cooldowns into combustion's damage, it would be buffed back up.
    From what I've picked up, they don't like us using AT purely for DPS gain. They want us to use it in creative ways on fights to make the class more fun, rather than just another DPS cooldown. And I'm willing to agree with that.. AT could be an awesome spell if we would use it for something else than DPS gain, it's hard to make all encounters to have a mechanic that AT would work with, but it's not like we have to use it all the time anyways. Plus if it's not related to DPS, the cooldown could be lowered quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    From what I've picked up, they don't like us using AT purely for DPS gain. They want us to use it in creative ways on fights to make the class more fun, rather than just another DPS cooldown. And I'm willing to agree with that.. AT could be an awesome spell if we would use it for something else than DPS gain, it's hard to make all encounters to have a mechanic that AT would work with, but it's not like we have to use it all the time anyways. Plus if it's not related to DPS, the cooldown could be lowered quite a bit.
    Yeah, I agree with it too. I'm a bit sad that we'd lose the DPS aspect of it, but it does need to go. I could see it, RoF, and some other self-utility ability sit on a talent line, probs replacing level 30. Just have it work with debuffs/location/health. It'd be a pretty nice option.

Not in the slightest. I think it'd be a creative use of the mechanic. I still like the idea of RoP, I just don't enjoy the implementation in the slightest. Having it exist for ~20 seconds or so as a cooldown option would be pretty awesome. I think they could salvage it, and maybe retune MI, and some third option as a DPS CD talent line to replace the current 90s.
    Mirror Image is a spell screaming for some sort of talent modification. Think of all the interesting possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    I like them, as do many others. Those who are unhappy are just always the loudest, I'm not going to go on the forums to capslock rave about how content I am
    *Shrugs*. I haven't been vocal about them at all - but if they stay the way they are, I'm not touching my Mage (current main) in WoD beyond the leveling process. They are not in the slightest fun (to me), just a drag, interfere with the pacing of the playstyle. They don't add skill, or a thought process, it's just tedious. Again, to me.

Could you say the reverse? That you wouldn't continue to play your Mage as your main if they removed them? Curious.

- - - Updated - - -

Some Mesmer-like (from Guild Wars 2 illusions) mechanics for Mirror Images would be amazing. Switching spots with your images etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Could you say the reverse? That you wouldn't continue to play your Mage as your main if they removed them? Curious.
    No I couldn't say that, though using that as an argument isn't really relevant. Even if I didn't like the talents (which I didn't at first) I wouldn't reroll because that's just not the type of person I am, I stick things out. Really if anything were to be the thing that would "make me quit" it's the removal of mulitdot, one of my favorite new dynamics to mages this expansion.

Mirror Image is a spell screaming for some sort of talent modification. Think of all the interesting possibilities.
    I like this idea, but I'm not really sure where they would take it, if we had an entire tier of talents based around MI how much could they really do with it?

Really if anything were to be the thing that would "make me quit" it's the removal of mulitdot, one of my favorite new dynamics to mages this expansion.
    You would quit over something that was never really even meant to happen? Mage is a direct damage class in it's core. They just had to add a dot to Mages back when all we had was direct damage casts, so our movement dps was terrible and turreting dps was way too good. Multidotting is just something happens to us time to time, because of some silly oversight, this time they just let it stay for some funny reason. But we ultimately knew it was going away as it did before way back. We just aren't a dot class. And realisticly if we wanted to keep us multidotting, they had to add something more to it, just pressing 1 button over and over again with no relation to our standard rotation was just not going to work, if they were going to "fix" Mages.

I think if they let it return us to life after death ( similar to Reincarnation, but needs to be pre-used) or made us immune to death ( the remaining time on AT would be lost and you return to where you used it instantly) it becomes and enormous gain in turns of raid use but not broken as you would need to activate it before death. Also letting us take off any raid debuff if used before it was applied without a consequence ( think Ionization on Jin'Rohk, it removed the debuff but "exploded" it as if it were dispelled) that could also serve as a useful CD.

In all honesty, I personally wouldn't mind if it was an Ankh. Fits with the time aspect of it and gives you an "extra" rez similar to shaman. But I don't actually think this is something they will implement.

Edit- Also wouldn't mind if they turned it to something like a warlock portal (not gateway) in that we get to activate it in a location and when used again it returns us to that location. In SoO I can think of several fights where this would be extremely useful not just for our benefit but could also be used for the raid (thinking belts on SC). But someone mentioned RoP picking up the ability to teleport between them, which would be awesome, but if this happened this AT would be a waste.
    Last edited by Kapadons; 2014-01-02 at 11:58 PM.

I like this idea, but I'm not really sure where they would take it, if we had an entire tier of talents based around MI how much could they really do with it?
    Mirror Images equal your HP pool and also split all damage you take with them by 33%.

Mirror Images copy your spell rotation doing 15% of the damage done of you.

You now have 4 Mirror Images, instead of 2.

Mirror Images now add another copy every 5 seconds (starting with 2), for a total of 7 with 5 seconds remaining.

There are plenty of ideas they can play around with really.

You would quit over something that was never really even meant to happen? Mage is a direct damage class in it's core. They just had to add a dot to Mages back when all we had was direct damage casts, so our movement dps was terrible and turreting dps was way too good. Multidotting is just something happens to us time to time, because of some silly oversight, this time they just let it stay for some funny reason. But we ultimately knew it was going away as it did before way back. We just aren't a dot class. And realisticly if we wanted to keep us multidotting, they had to add something more to it, just pressing 1 button over and over again with no relation to our standard rotation was just not going to work, if they were going to "fix" Mages.
    I'd be happy if they removed every bomb but Nether Tempest, had it on a 24 seconds duration, unable to multi dot, and buffed Flamestrike and Blizzard to be actual AOE rotation spells.

I'd be happy if they removed every bomb but Nether Tempest, had it on a 24 seconds duration, unable to multi dot, and buffed Flamestrike and Blizzard to be actual AOE rotation spells.
    The 12 second bombs are current 1 of the only things holding Arcane viable when moving. So unless they are going away from making every spell but ABarr have a cast time, please leave bomb duration as it is.

The 12 second bombs are current 1 of the only things holding Arcane viable when moving
    Snapshotting helps some too. IDK what Arcane will be like come WoD if we're losing snapshotting and multi-dotting. At least that helps with proc fishing.

@MGT I didn't say I would quit over that, it's just one of the two things that has me most riled up about going into WoD. It may have been an accident to make arcane basically a DoT cleave class, but I thought it gave a good break to the kind of stale narrow minded thinking most people have that "mages shouldn't be a DoT class" "mages are about direct damage". Change is good, even when unintentional. We got two very different playstyles out of our bombs, being great multidot, as well as amazing single target, without making our direct damage spells hit too hard. I would take the current design any day over being stuck as a purely single target spec (arcane) again.

I hope they revamp both the Level 90 Talents and the Magebomb-Tier!

Bombs:

Living Bomb should be what it used to be... Bomb of choice when AoEing without targetlimit.
    Nether Tempest for 1-2 Mobs. Maybe even limit it to 2 targets.
    Frostbomb complete revamp to make it the Bomb of choice when you need CC. Longer Snare, maybe even a short root.

Level 90 Talents:

Level 90 Talents should be completely dumped... i would have no problem when they made it like the Warlock talents.
    One Talent with which you can cast Arcane Blast, Fireball and Frostbolt while moving.
    One Talent that increases AoE-DMG (basically like Fire&Brimstone... Fireball/Frostbolt/Arcane Blast doing only 50% DMG but hitting all targets for 10sec).
    One Talent that pushes your Singletarget-DPS... why not Rune of Power as a CD? +15% DMG while you stand in it for 15secs.

Alter Time:

I would like to have it with a much shorter CD and not being able to use it for DPS. So we can use it for what it was originally designed... survivabilty and utility.
    Last edited by Liebchen; 2014-01-03 at 02:29 AM.

@voltaa: What about trading multidot for actually strong AOE?

this times a million

Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    -snip-
    Leave the Warlock talents as Warlock talents; give Mages something refreshing and somewhat original to replace current 90 talents.

Disagree RE Alter Time. Fine for it to have tweaks and move towards more utility etc, but it should still be tied to DPS at least a little IMO.

Multi-dot less situational than strong AoE, ergo has more potential uses. Personally, as it's already been confirmed that we're losing multi-dot would certainly like more AoE competitiveness and very slightly buffed ST to boot. Multi-dotting is always strong and so if we don't have access to it we need something to ensure we're still worth bringing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycobi View Post
    Leave the Warlock talents as Warlock talents; give Mages something refreshing and somewhat original to replace current 90 talents.

Disagree RE Alter Time. Fine for it to have tweaks and move towards more utility etc, but it should still be tied to DPS at least a little IMO.

Multi-dot less situational than strong AoE, ergo has more potential uses. Personally, as it's already been confirmed that we're losing multi-dot would certainly like more AoE competitiveness and very slightly buffed ST to boot. Multi-dotting is always strong and so if we don't have access to it we need something to ensure we're still worth bringing.
    AT still will be good for DPS (sligtly) for Arcane because of Mana, but I don't want it used for DPS ever. It's a weird, clunky, and can potentially kill you.

This is assuming they make our AoE less garbage, first.

Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

if they cut our multidot without some kind of compensation for it, I will be pissed, while this would be ok it isn't preferable to multidot. As cycobi said, strong AoE is situational, and further to that, at least as arcane, we already have it. On 10+ targets we can already pump out 1-2mil DPS with glyphed CoC and AE, while fire could use an AoE buff, I feel like we are just getting some of our toolkit taken away by removing multidot (RIP dark animus, I loved you).

Despite how much people said we needed some sort of raid CD or more utility to be brought to raids (since warlocks had it all) we actually were very diverse in the roles we could play this expansion, excelling in every situation, and a lot of this had to do with our multidot capabilities.