Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I dont see how 20s Storm Bolt for Fury is any issue in pvp, when was the last time Fury was even remotely useful in pvp?, early WotLK?, it can be 30s for Arms and Prot.

Deleted
    But the fact that it would be on a 20s CD makes Fury more viable for PvP as it has better CC potential than Arms. Not saying that it would make it viable, but would make it -more- viable.

Storm Bolt is awesome and I'm loving it. I really hope they can find a way to keep it at ~20 sec CD next exp. I'd be perfectly fine if they just made it 500% weapon damage and no stun baseline, but I don't care much for PVP.

Cool

Changes I'd like to see:

I really wish they made Arms more interactive with bleeds. Remove GCD locking, keep the rotation unpredictable.

Please blizz, a new mastery for Arms. Something cool (bleeds ).

They should replace Masochism. It's obviously not a PvP option, and won't be allowed in PVE. They removed Seal of Blood for exactly the same reason: a dps boost at the cost of hp. Seal of Blood didn't scale well. I remember in Thaddius, with the Damage boost, ret crit would remove like 40% of hp. The same issue will be with warriors, they will use this on CD regardless - putting unecessary pressure on healers - just to remain competitive. Already melee dps are a liability.. just not viable.

*Masochism - New:* Should be something like your attacks now have additional lifesteal % damage based on the current bleed dot damage % affected by the target you are attacking.
    + A certain amount of ramp-up time to get max % lifesteal damage.
    + Synergy with other talents (BloodBath - more bleed damage conversion, Avatar - more damage period, Stormbolt - more damage ? not sure, Bladestorm ..etc)
    + Good for Tank (+passive healing) and DPS (+passive dps).
    + Good Gameplay change in PvP (low hp? = become a beserker and try to burst someone for better survivability).

Thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    Changes I'd like to see:

I really wish they made Arms more interactive with bleeds. Remove GCD locking, keep the rotation unpredictable.

Please blizz, a new mastery for Arms. Something cool (bleeds ).

They should replace Masochism. It's obviously not a PvP option, and won't be allowed in PVE. They removed Seal of Blood for exactly the same reason: a dps boost at the cost of hp. Seal of Blood didn't scale well. I remember in Thaddius, with the Damage boost, ret crit would remove like 40% of hp. The same issue will be with warriors, they will use this on CD regardless - putting unecessary pressure on healers - just to remain competitive. Already melee dps are a liability.. just not viable.

*Masochism - New:* Should be something like your attacks now have additional lifesteal % damage based on the current bleed dot damage % affected by the target you are attacking.
    + A certain amount of ramp-up time to get max % lifesteal damage.
    + Synergy with other talents (BloodBath - more bleed damage conversion, Avatar - more damage period, Stormbolt - more damage ? not sure, Bladestorm ..etc)
    + Good for Tank (+passive healing) and DPS (+passive dps).
    + Good Gameplay change in PvP (low hp? = become a beserker and try to burst someone for better survivability).

Thought?

agreed that masochism is a bad idea for dps warriors, but not for the same reasons. at a flat 20% hp for 30 rage, it can't scale like seal of blood. whether people will spam it to silly levels and put themselves in danger is arguable. warlocks have had the capability for years and i haven't seen it happen too often.

but masochism is incredibly boring for dps warriors. if it's off the gcd, then maybe it could be good, but if it's on gcd it's just uninteresting. i'd much prefer to see something that rewards for being raging berserkers or tough melee fighters since we haven't really been durable or "in the fray" fighters for a while. we're mostly glass cannon in pve with some recent survivability upgrades that make it bearable but still not as good as rogues, for example.

something like, being damaged gives you a 3% increased attack speed, stacking up to 30%, or a cooldown like the old death wish or something. 25% increased damage and 75% reduced rage costs on abilities for 15 seconds.

honestly i hope they just slapped up the warrior talent ideas for the sake of having something and they're working hard to give us something cooler.

I actually told him to delete Arms and start over.
    There were some great ideas with it at the start of 5.4 revamp, but it simply fell short of the mark. The only thing that keeps it viable now is its cleave mechanics, which are 1) way to limited by range restrictions (2 yards really?), 2) very few fights take advantage of that cleave.
    It simply doesn't bring anything special to the table. A lot of multi-dps classes have this issue, there simply isn't a lot of difference between them; Rogues have suffered this problem for years. Perhaps if they revamp its mastery, add a little depth of play; they can bring it back.

I by no means want this to devolve into a thread about Arms, just saying I brought that point up too, so hopefully Arms will get a little love come expansion as well.

As for Storm Bolt; they could easily balance its damage around the stun. It really wouldn't be too hard to make a glyph that says "Increases damage up to 500% weapon damage, lowers the CD by 10 seconds (to 20) and removes the stun."
    Done deal and both parties are happy. That said however, I "think" we will be seeing a lot of changes with stuns and CC coming up before xpac hits, something they have hinted at for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    warlocks have had the capability for years and i haven't seen it happen too often.
    I don't really see how these are even remotely comparable.
    Overall after having once again a fucking farm raid with four bosses with below 80% crit on bt I surely hope they change that. Not that I expect it.

I don't really see how these are even remotely comparable.
    They sacrifice a portion of health to gain mana? Pretty much the exact same ability...

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    They sacrifice a portion of health to gain mana? Pretty much the exact same ability...
    The two resources work quite differently, that is the disconnect. That aside I used to see plenty of warlocks kill them self with the ability.

Deleted
    If gladiator stance allows true prot DPS, count me in and hyped as fuck.

The two resources work quite differet, that is the disconnect
    Sure, but that doesn't mean the abilities aren't exactly the same. Simply means the implications of using said ability differs between the two. It makes more sense to have the ability on a class that has to wait to regenerate its resource of choice, as opposed to a class that generates its resource as it goes.

The ability is alright, but it's not what warriors need. It seems more like another bandaid to the issues with rage gen that Blizz doesn't seem to know how to fix.

What issues with rage generation do warriors have? Serious question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahr View Post
    But the fact that it would be on a 20s CD makes Fury more viable for PvP as it has better CC potential than Arms. Not saying that it would make it viable, but would make it -more- viable.
    Not exactly, Fury suffers from many issues in pvp which makes it unviable like no Colossus Smash refresh, no overpower, no crazy Deep Wounds, and worst of all, a rotation that simply DONT work in pvp, first you need Colossus Smash up, then Bloodthirst have to crit *pvp gear has low crit*, thats to difficult to accomplish against another player, virtually the only good thing with it is the incredible survivability you get with Titans Grip.
    For fury to be viable in pvp, you would need a completely new set that has tons of crit on it and fury setbonuses or a revamp of the whole spec.
    Last edited by mmocdfdf1a8f27; 2013-11-14 at 05:51 PM.