Thread: Solar Opener

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Solar Opener

Should i use solar opener with my current gear, i've been using Solar opener and i do about 800k-900k burst? Also how bad should i replace my Breath of the hydra?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%B8k/advanced

here are some logs from my guild from yesterday(i had to go healer on malkorok and the shamans) please take a look and see if i'm doing something, i feel like my damage isn't very high
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hsl2rhkid870covl/

Quote Originally Posted by Rebirthz View Post
    Should i use solar opener with my current gear, i've been using Solar opener and i do about 800k-900k burst? Also how bad should i replace my Breath of the hydra?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%B8k/advanced

here are some logs from my guild from yesterday(i had to go healer on malkorok and the shamans) please take a look and see if i'm doing something, i feel like my damage isn't very high
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hsl2rhkid870covl/
    BoTH is still good, if you can get Toxic Totem from Shamans you will be set.

I replaced my Breath with LFR Bindings (I already had normal Kardris) and saw a dps increase. I imagine it's the same for your case. Probably the same for Blood, I wouldn't bother with the Cleave trinket though.

RNG is RNG, I wouldn't fret too much over it. Breath isn't a terrible last tier trinket.

Also, yes to solar opener.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.

I don't have anything for you outside of just my experience, but I think for Inc it's better to start with the pre-lunar rotation over the pre-solar. Reasoning is that you get all of the Lunar + all of the CA with it up, whereas with Solar, you'll have all of +CA + lowest dps point of the rotation + a bit of the the lunar rotation with it (inc) up. If you get a good streak of SS procs, then that may make the solar stronger, just because you're spending the most of your time with trinkets + gem in CA, instead of that time in Lunar. However, same can be said for your time in lunar. When I'm using FoN, I will always use the Solar opener, as it works swimmingly for it.

Im confused. Can someone give me an explanation to why its a solar opener now? I just wanna know why. And you pop celestial allignment right as you go into solar? And spam wrath while in celestial allignment?

Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    Im confused. Can someone give me an explanation to why its a solar opener now? I just wanna know why. And you pop celestial allignment right as you go into solar? And spam wrath while in celestial allignment?
    It's because of legendary procs + RPPM procs. They're pretty much guaranteed to proc at the start of combat and they're a HUGE boost to CA damage.

AC to Solar
    Starfall
    Inc/CA
    Moonfire
    Starfall when first one falls
    Starfire/starsurge spam to end of CA
    Moonfire just before CA ends
    Wrath/starsurge to lunar
    Starfall
    Normal rotation

Is the general consensus to pop Inc and CA at the same time? I normally pop Inc , then wait until im at 1/2 through solar to pop CA.

Yes you pop them together right away otherwise doing the opener is pointless.

Edit: by together I obviously mean CA at the end of the gcd..
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I am a little confused with the solar opener. Do we care if NG is up for the solar opener? I found this quote on the solar opener:

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Solar Opener is not similar to Lunar as the eclipse itself is not utilized. The whole point is for the Eclipse arrow to point left (towards Lunar).

Start in Solar or anywhere else where the arrow points left
    Prepot
    Starfall
    Incarnation+CA+Berserking (CA step is crucial as it's the reason why Solar is not used at all, since it will reset your eclipse to 0 but arrow will point left)
    CA DoTs
    Starfall
    Spam Starfire + Starsurge
    CA DoTs towards CA end
    Spam Wrath to reach Lunar
    *Lunar+Inc ~10sec left*
    Starfall
    Spam Starfire + Starsurge
    Inc+Lunar DoTs if CA ones are close to falling, sometimes they can last you till the next Solar eclipse

Both openers, on their own, yield the same DPS and same amount of Starfalls. Solar opener is currently the best because it allows the stacking of all RPPM+Meta with all your CDs

Remember: Lunar Opener = Pre-Lunar , Solar Opener = In Solar

It is not crucial to having NG up for the solar opener due to us using CA so quickly which procs NG.

Oh duh, didn't even think about that with being so use to pre-lunar opener. Thanks.

Deleted
    Does it make so mutch differentierad? How mutch Moore you think you get Whit solar opener?

Quote Originally Posted by Santassa View Post
    Does it make so mutch differentierad? How mutch Moore you think you get Whit solar opener?
    Solar opener does more DPS so I don't see why you'd have a problem with wanting to do it. If you don't want to change from Lunar or Soler opener because you're lazy then why do you even bother gemming your gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santassa View Post
    enough for it to be worth doing it. Back in 5.3 solar vs. lunar was very dependant on what trinkets you have, but in this patch there is no reason to do anything but solar start (assuming like 530+ ivl with legendary)

The difference is even bigger in 25 man since you will probably have 1-2 skull banners at start of fight (not guaranteed in 10 man) which make you hit pretty freaky high with inc+ca+legendary+w/e procs

Deleted
    care to explain the math behind solar>lunar opener? Because I see top boomkins using Lunar opener and Solar opener alike. I somehow doubt the best boomkins in the world would do an inferior opening rotation. Really, there's not much of a difference between the two. And I fail to see how anything has changed since last tier considering we are at the exact same haste breakpoint. The only thing that has changed is having one ICD trinket instead of a RPPM trinket (which if anything would favour a Lunar opener).

The problem is we want to have all our trinket procs for CA.

If we use lunar

Prepot > Starfall> wrath > incarnation>dots> starfire>(if trinkets proc)CA>dots>starfire(to solar)> wrath
    now at this point we will be using wrath for the end of our incarnation rather than using Starfire if we had used the solar opener

This is the main reason that the solar opener is stronger.

Ugh u guys and this clunky solar opener... I honestly just make sure I have a mushroom below the boss and bloom it along with my CA (macro them). That bloom alone will make all your things procs 99% of the time will allow you to apply ur dots and start nuking...

Prepot > Starfall > CA + Mush Bloom (+ engi gloves) macro > Inc or Spam Treants > Dot > normal nuke (ss, starfire, keeping starfall up) > Re-dot as CA is falling > wrath will lunar > etc
    Last edited by land; 2013-11-18 at 08:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawwrrkitty View Post
    The problem is we want to have all our trinket procs for CA.

If we use lunar

Prepot > Starfall> wrath > incarnation>dots> starfire>(if trinkets proc)CA>dots>starfire(to solar)> wrath
    now at this point we will be using wrath for the end of our incarnation rather than using Starfire if we had used the solar opener

This is the main reason that the solar opener is stronger.
    Except with 1 ICD trinket and 1 RPPM trinket with 10 sec duration your first trinket proc can run out before the second even proc.
    Also the part with what you cast after CA doesn't make sense, you still do the same amount of eclipses, you just do the Lunar eclipse BEFORE the CA instead of after. The only real differense is you have an presolar phase extra w/o NG with solar opener, and lunar opener have a presolar with no NG (but both openers will have that preeclipse).

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Except with 1 ICD trinket and 1 RPPM trinket with 10 sec duration your first trinket proc can run out before the second even proc.
    Also the part with what you cast after CA doesn't make sense, you still do the same amount of eclipses, you just do the Lunar eclipse BEFORE the CA instead of after. The only real differense is you have an presolar phase extra w/o NG with solar opener, and lunar opener have a presolar with no NG (but both openers will have that preeclipse).
    The Opener I had written was the lunar opener,

I use a solar opener that looks like this
    Start at 100 solar energy
    prepot>starfall>incarnation>wrath(till trinket procs)>CA+shrooms>dots>starfire(till CA ends)>Dots(before CA falls)>starfall(when first ends)>wrath(till lunar)>normal rotation

This gives me the most uptime with trinkets, CA, Incarnation which produces the highest burst, which is what a boomkin is looking for.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    care to explain the math behind solar>lunar opener? Because I see top boomkins using Lunar opener and Solar opener alike. I somehow doubt the best boomkins in the world would do an inferior opening rotation. Really, there's not much of a difference between the two. And I fail to see how anything has changed since last tier considering we are at the exact same haste breakpoint. The only thing that has changed is having one ICD trinket instead of a RPPM trinket (which if anything would favour a Lunar opener).
    People have been using this opener since Sha of Fear, so I'm not really sure why you're acting is if this is something new this tier. Care to mention which Moonkins you are watching that you think are not doing this opener? The reality is you are much, much more likely to have multiple procs up on the pull then you are ~12 seconds into the fight when you use CA with the Lunar opener.