Thread: 3D Printing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Indeed, people are freaking out over a shitty plastic gun that requires a 5k printer to make, but anybody with basic machining skills can easily make a fully automatic sten gun using blueprints online.

Even if you just wanted a single shot assassination weapon, you can do it with a pipe and a nail.
    Most people wouldn't go to the effort of obtaining the equipment, materials and training though, compared to filling up a tray and pressing print.

Deleted
    3D printing guns? I could not care less?

3D printing anything else? Food, organs, prostethics etc. now that is interesting and quite simply the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    3D printing guns? I could not care less?

3D printing anything else? Food, organs, prostethics etc. now that is interesting and quite simply the future.
    This isn't star trek, you can't 3d print food.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post

We can! (if your a cannibal)

Deleted
    Yet is the word you're searching for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    You think operating 3D printer is that easy?
    Yes, it is.

You can download plans (or get them on a memory stick), fill up the tray and press print.

The technology is just becoming affordable, give it a few years and they'll be cheap, with makers getting their money from the refills. Currently it is the plastic ones, but if there is a mass market for them, then the metal ones will go the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your definition of "food". Printing in frosting or sugar is perfectly doable.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Printing food could be possible in years to come. Just fill your printer with some carbohydrates, a few starches, some proteins, a few monomers for flavor and a dash of amino acids and badaboom you got what you need to make food.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2013-11-08 at 04:34 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    I would love to have that thing, but it's propably expensive as hell... But finally people can bring stuff from virtual world to real world, that is awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrakis09 View Post
    I would love to have that thing, but it's propably expensive as hell... But finally people can bring stuff from virtual world to real world, that is awesome!
    Reality isn't ready for some of the stuff on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrakis09 View Post
    Or maybe not.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    3D printing topic that then only focuses on guns..? Meh. I find it more interesting how fast a fun tool like 3D printing has gone from making toys/parts for stuff to possibly printing new body parts.

Really though, the day I have a ton of money and a 3D printer is compatible with WoW Model Viewer (and can color it right)... yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great potential to do great things, like create freaking organs for transplants or parts for machines . . . or guns.

Its a tool. Some will use it for good, others for evil.
    Putin khuliyo

3d printed guns wont be the major threat. the first genuine major threat to society will be when armed insect sized drone swarms trickle down to common people. thats when a unabomber type will order a swarm of them to zoom in and slaughter celebrities, high ranking government officials, and there is ZERO defense unless they always stay indoors in sealed rooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's it, I'm 3D printing me a fighter jet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    3d printed guns wont be the major threat. the first genuine major threat to society will be when armed insect sized drone swarms trickle down to common people. thats when a unabomber type will order a swarm of them to zoom in and slaughter celebrities, high ranking government officials, and there is ZERO defense unless they always stay indoors in sealed rooms.
    How is slaughtering celebrities and high ranking government officials a threat to society?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)