Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It won't. The highest possible signed number is 9,223,372,036,854,775,807. That's 9.2 trillions.
    In 64 bit yes, but the code is all 32 bit - which leaves you 2.1 billion as your max signed number.

Also - Penn Jilette of Penn and Teller fame supports the item squish:

32 bit machines can handle 64 bit numbers for arithmetic purposes. It just takes a few CPU operations instead of one. Problems start with memory allocation, and the unbeatable limit for 32 bit machines
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    In 64 bit yes, but the code is all 32 bit - which leaves you 2.1 billion as your max signed number.

Also - Penn Jilette of Penn and Teller fame supports the item squish:

Haha that was awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling the OP is having a go at us here folks. It's called baiting.

That said, I'm all for it, but if they didn't do it I wouldn't care. At all. I'm not sure why people are so against it. The reasons for being against it are all in their minds.