Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It looks a similar size to Outland.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/warlords...or/#characters
    Oh my how bad would it be if they just took the same world model from Outland and just repositioned the land masses with some heavy land changes so they could roll out the expansion faster.

Gamers get some new player models and housing (Yea I know some want this but it's nothing I care for in WOW) and the rest feels as generic as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    So, there's no race or classes for the first time ever in an expansion, but there are character models which everyone apparently wanted "so so bad", but now, it seems like it's getting lost in all the negativity. I mean, this is what all of you wanted, right? If it's not one thing, it's another with everyone. Yeesh.
    You are right on the models, but what people are mad about is having to pay Money for these models. These should have been a expected upgrade, but now we are having to pay for an expansion to get the new models. We should not have to pay for outdated Art, we should however pay for a new race or class.

Why the hell does Chris Metzen have to do the voice overs for every damn trailer and nearly every character?

Seriously. We all know that's him, and no amount of artificial octave lowering can hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by hx9 View Post
    Player housing - but it's just another farming daily zone like the panda farm. that was 'my farm' and i wasn't excited about that, nor will i be excited about 100s of people flying into my garrison only to mysteriously vanish...
    Ugh I really hope you're wrong about this. Player housing has been one of my favorite features in past mmo's and I always thought it would be great in wow, placed in a contested zone on pvp servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to know who was the fucking genius that decided to not update Draenei/Belf's along with the vanilla 8. Especially Draenei since they seem to have a particularly important role in this expac by the looks of it. Honestly I think Blizz is intentionally trying to make WoW die with every new xpac. That or the old guard needs to be removed and ASAP.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    MOP.

this is second though.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    You are right on the models, but what people are mad about is having to pay Money for these models. These should have been a expected upgrade, but now we are having to pay for an expansion to get the new models. We should not have to pay for outdated Art, we should however pay for a new race or class.
    You won't have to pay for the new models. They'll be included with patch 5.0 (I presume)... what you won't get if you don't pay for the xpac is the new continent/raised level cap/etc.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i have to admit, that trailer was fairly underwhelming. the concept seems interesting but i just dunno yet. ill reserve judgement but i didnt see anything that piqued my interest enough to come back, we'll see

You people are mad, I just went through the official page for Warlords of Draenor and I could not possible be any more pumped, I LOVE this expansion so far. This is the most I've been excited about WoW since ICC. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    You won't have to pay for the new models. They'll be included with patch 5.0 (I presume)... what you won't get if you don't pay for the xpac is the new continent/raised level cap/etc.
    You may be right but doesn't that even make it worse to some sense? Meaning new race models are just an update and not part of a new experience (from a perspective standpoint).

Deleted
    There was a cata teaser trailer like this too yeah? Does someone know when the real trailer will be revealed?

But yeah.. I'm extremely disappointed. I really enjoy the lore in this game and now... what? I'll keep playing as long as the gameplay is good but I fear wow will take a ginormous hit to subs. And then the gameplay will suffer immensely

Vanilla = Kel'thuzad "You will Dieee"
    BC = Illidan "You are not prepared!"
    Wrath = Arthas: "Frostmorne Hungers!!!"
    Cataclysm = Deathwing: "RAAAAAARG!!!! DESTROY!!!!"
    Pandaria = Garrosh: "F*ck you!"
    Draenor = Orc Chieftan "No, really... F*CK YOU!"

((to be fair, we don't know who the final boss is. Probably a demon of some sorts - but it was just FUN to think! ^_^))

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    So, no new race, or class. New models as the selling point? Really? They're basically selling us something that should simply be added since it's necesarry? Really? WTF did we just see. BOREDOM OF DRAENOR. Jesus ....this is what we waited for? Really? That's the best THEY CAN DO and make it seem like it's something fantastic? This is worse than fuckin Cataclysm.
    People like you make me wonder if there was ANYTHING they couldve announced to make you happy. I think it looks good except for letting lazy bastards start at 90. We have enough races and classes. I cant think of any class that could be that much different than what we have now and races just change the way you look. Big deal

You may be right but doesn't that even make it worse to some sense? Meaning new race models are just an update and not part of a new experience (from a perspective standpoint).
    Not really, no. Paying for the xpac gives you what it should: new content, higher upper bound on character progression, etc; while existing customers get the upgrades that affect them, such as new character models, engine improvements, etc.

I'm pretty sure "new character models" isn't meant to be a selling point for the expansion itself, more of a "hey, we're finally giving you a release date on those new models we've been working on forever" sort of announcement.

Instant 90 level to one of your characters is convenient. Everything else is just meh atm.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Vanilla = Kel'thuzad "You will Dieee"
    BC = Illidan "You are not prepared!"
    Wrath = Arthas: "Frostmorne Hungers!!!"
    Cataclysm = Deathwing: "RAAAAAARG!!!! DESTROY!!!!"
    Pandaria = Garrosh: "F*ck you!"
    Draenor = Orc Chieftan "No, really... F*CK YOU!"

((to be fair, we don't know who the final boss is. Probably a demon of some sorts - but it was just FUN to think! ^_^))
    Garrosh probably, or Grom.
    Maybe even Gul'Dan hyped up into some hyper-mega demon form.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I don't get it. What happened to all that lead time? What happened to all those dudes coming over from titan? What happened to spending even more money on warcraft? He said they've got many more expansions coming did they do a 180 degree turn around at some point in mists and have to start over and subsequently we got this? Honestly I'm at a loss...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Lol at people saying you're negative because you don't like something? I think this expansion looks fucking horrible. I'm negative towards shit I don't like, if it was good I'd be positive, simple as that

10+ Year Old Account
    Very disappointing. I'll still buy it, but I'm pretty shocked at how lazy this entire expansion appears.

They didn't update the Draenei and Blood Elf models. WTF?

You won't have to pay for the models. They will more than likely be added before the expansion in a future patch. Another thing I noticed was, people complained about not wanting something like new races or classes, saying Blizzard should focus on balancing what they have, so they don't release anything and now people are backtracking and complaining about it. It's just so funny reading all the threads, some only a few days ago on this very subject. Fast forward and suddenly it's as if people are in shock that there's nothing there. Amazing what happens a few short days later. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Very disappointing. I'll still buy it, but I'm pretty shocked at how lazy this entire expansion appears.

They didn't update the Draenei and Blood Elf models. WTF?
    I don't know why people keep thinking this. Did they say they aren't going to be updating them? Because if they didn't, don't you think they will be?