Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    No new race or new class is really an ENORMOUS letdown.
    Because we don't have enough already right?

Deleted
    I like that they're not even trying to pretend theres no Orc bias any more. That whole trailer was pretty much just ORCS ORCS ORCS, SOON WE WILL RULE THE WORLD and then two or three Dreanei. I can't really see any Alliance players being that interested in something thats so obviously Horde centric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    I like that they're not even trying to pretend theres no Orc bias any more. That whole trailer was pretty much just ORCS ORCS ORCS, SOON WE WILL RULE THE WORLD and then two or three Dreanei. I can't really see any Alliance players being that interested in something thats so obviously Horde centric.
    Blame Metzen, as long as he's head of the story development department. You will have to deal with his Orc boner, the dude thinks he's Thrall.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Xabris View Post
    err, with that logic you might aswell go play some singleplayer game that is finished after X amount of hours. MMORPGs are supposed to evolve, its supposed to become greater and greater. The more races, classes, professions etc thats added the better. Thats why revamps, except to some extent, is unecessary and a waste of time + resources.

Deleted
    All in all, I enjoyed watching it for the most part. The Garrisons idea looks like player housing (Kingdoms) and more, with all the companions and stuff, am very much looking forward to it and the PVP, PVE and UI changes look very promising.

I also think they're keeping the story of it too under wraps, we need to actually know more about why we have to go there and what exactly we'll be doing for 10 levels.

The only downside is that there is no new race or class, it makes the release feel like something is missing, although we do have the model updates. Also I cant even remember, does the big awesome CGI trailer come at launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Xabris View Post
    for a 9 year old game - no

MMOs evolve and change... WoW goes back in time to reroll Outlands.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Deleted
    So many opinions I don't give a shit about, and yet here I am.

#WoD #BestXpacEver

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rather surprised by all of the negative Nancies about this expansion. How many of you actually played any warcraft game before WoW?

This is a revamp of outland, yes, I am not going to deny that by any right. But this is a touch up on the history of this game that has not been touched since Warcraft II and partly in Burning Crusade. Any of you who never played the RTS series can finally see where your faction originates from.

And why is there so much bitching about Alliance not getting the spotlight here? I am always on these forums complaining about a lack of Alliance lore and I can see from a mile away that this is another recreation of WCII: Beyond the Dark Portal. You are literally reliving the prime of the Alliance through and through here, you should be excited to see history coming to life.

I get the doubts about this, but so far there hasn't been enough evidence one way or another to kill or improve interest in this expac by a large margin.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

1 talent per expansion?

Are they trying to just taper off people who care about WoW and lead them into some other game? Because... uh...

They simplify the talent trees to a bunch of meaningless choices where there is still 1 overwhelmingly obvious decision for what you're doing. Then we see blue posts that somehow are surprised that the general sentiment is that this is all flimsy?

They've painted themselves into a huge corner with what any new abilities can even do at this point besides "more of the same."

They're recycling a continent that people who quit playing remember fondly but the new breed of wow "lol i was hyped for WOTLK and this is great" generation couldn't care less about.

They made deathwing one of the most underwhelming bosses in any game to date unless you opt in to LOL WASTE MONTHS OF YOUR LIFE TO SEE THE TRUE FINAL FORM instead of the "welp in 5 minutes I beat wow in LFR" that everyone does and it is still a chin scratcher as to how people get their fill of wow and bail immediately? And to the slew of ***nobody cares*** bosses in panda land onward to the new concept of "mysterious lack of any sort of enemy presence" except for the ongoing fail of world pvp dead horse beating.

Now are they competing with farmville and prime world with this nonsense web driven garrison? I dunno turn that into unicorns and birthday cakes and that's what my grandmother thinks facebook is for

Hee haw. This expansion is a laughing point for anyone around and raiding at TBC.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The content we're getting is worth 5 levels. I'm very disappointed they didn't raise the bar. This feels like a filler while they spend an extra year working on the REAL 6.0, which is now 7.0.

Still, Garrisons...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    I'm rather surprised by all of the negative Nancies about this expansion. How many of you actually played any warcraft game before WoW?

This is a revamp of outland, yes, I am not going to deny that by any right. But this is a touch up on the history of this game that has not been touched since Warcraft II and partly in Burning Crusade. Any of you who never played the RTS series can finally see where your faction originates from.

And why is there so much bitching about Alliance not getting the spotlight here? I am always on these forums complaining about a lack of Alliance lore and I can see from a mile away that this is another recreation of WCII: Beyond the Dark Portal. You are literally reliving the prime of the Alliance through and through here, you should be excited to see history coming to life.

I get the doubts about this, but so far there hasn't been enough evidence one way or another to kill or improve interest in this expac by a large margin.

zzz boring, they already did that in outland and wotlk. There is nothing new to retread from those games.

What did they miss? The fact that they discussed dungeons they didn't deliver on in TBC or Wrath? Or further explaining the complete "draenor" retcon? Purple aliens from space was in place before TBC? Errr, nope.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post

It's pretty clear the Alliance have the upper hand in this expansion.

Not only is the Horde having their issues, but now they have to face exactly the darkness they've been trying to hide from for years.

Are the Orcs intrinsically evil?

And have you seen the stuff the Draenei get?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post

Only 6 new dungeons..... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
    Me too I'm mad about that
    6 dungeons is too many, dungeons are irrelevant since Cataclysm
    they should concentrate on other things

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Ummm... I'd love to see that logic train.

Not only is the Horde having their issues, but now they have to face exactly the darkness they've been trying to hide from for years.

And the Alliance get.... what?

"Hi there, Past-Draenei"....
    "Hi there, Future Draenei"...
    ....???....
    "OH SHIT! ORCS!!!"
    /queue slaying sound of Draenei getting wiped out and their corpses turned into a gigantic bone-laiden road.

Ummmmm... Temple of Karabor? /shrug

Care to elaborate upon that?
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-11-09 at 01:18 AM.

you realise that probably ALOT of features and content, etc hasnt been revealed yet right? and the trailer i believe is a teaser so how about just waiting before complaining

10+ Year Old Account

I've seen what Draenei get and its gawkily good looking to me (though color pallet seems a little too warm, a little more earthly would be nice).

I know Horde players are probably bummed out, but at this point in time I don't think there is much that can be said with the little info we have about lore atm. Maybe there will be a somewhat decent redemption story that will play out here; maybe not every chieftain will die like in the normal timeline.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    err, with that logic you might aswell go play some singleplayer game that is finished after X amount of hours. MMORPGs are supposed to evolve, its supposed to become greater and greater. The more races, classes, professions etc thats added the better. Thats why revamps, except to some extent, is unecessary and a waste of time + resources.
    Evolve =/= tack on as much shit as possible to the point that it becomes like Marvel v. Capcom just to lure whimsical players for a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Then sodding leave! WoW and these forums are better off without you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TmrAsakura View Post
    you realise that probably ALOT of features and content, etc hasnt been revealed yet right?
    This is the most Bizarre theory I've read about this topic. I mean did they hold anything back for mists? Or cataclysm? They removed things certainly but holding stuff back? For what? A surprise some day? Why ? What are they waiting for?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Then sodding leave! WoW and these forums are better off without you.
    The problem here is that a lot of the negativity is from people who HAVE left. They just use the expansion as an excuse to get together again with old friends and play a game together until we all collectively get sick of it.

This time around? Nope.

Bridge mega-burned with pandas + required dailies + gross tank queues / LFR + pet classes for challenges.

Nothing here is grabbing any of the collective group I play with to return, except for the humor that they'd actually try to boost their subs retreading THIS of all content... laff...