Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    being a tauren seems so pointless right now
    aww poor taurens AND gnomes.. guess you guys have to be sidekicks like always.. i kind of feel bad for you :/

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post
    agreed. and please stop this nonsense about cata not being horde centered cuse it was, having its leader as the main figure who does everything regardless of any pretense that he isnt horde is absurd
    If you take that stance, then, Illidan made BC alliance centric because he is a night elf, and he was the final villian until they threw in Sunwell later on. Wrath is so Alliance centric by your standards because not only was the main villain a human, but so was the main protagonists, and another human took over the role of the LK after we vanquished Arthas. Most of the lore was based around humans and their rise or fall or turning into undead champions.


    Confirmation bias. You see what you want to see.

    Mists wasn't horde/orc centric, Garrosh slowly established himself as the main antagonist and final boss; but we weren't fighting him every step of the way. We didn't have orcs in your face constantly. DW showed his face a lot more than you see Garrosh as Alliance. Thrall did have some face time in Cata, but he was Go'el at the time, and not part of the Horde, like Tirion Fordring showing up everywhere in Wrath.

    See, if you aren't biased, you see slight leans here and there, but you aren't brainwashing yourself into seeing some conspiracy that doesn't exist. At that point, there is nothing that can please you except not having your ocd show up at all so you don't tweak out in the slightest.


    How else are they suppose to set up the story? I suppose they could put pictures of ponies over the orcs as they reveal them as the antogonists. Hey look, Alliance are the good guys again! Alliance save the day again! Varian solos Onyxia because he is badass human king (lore-wise).

    Seriously though; I saw tons of draenei in that trailer; but I was focused on looking for the alliance side of the story; while the ones bitching about orcs were looking to confirm their compulsive hate.

    Let's see, Draenor ... draenei, orcs, ogres, gronn, arokkoa, you aren't going to see much outside of that. So Having focus on draenei and orcs in the trailer makes perfect sense.

    Since the draenei aren't the warlords, the image to have at the start would be misleading if it was a bunch of draenei standing in front of the logo, would it not?

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Except all the still images that show orc warlords, lol.

    I want to hope, but I don't know if I have it left in me.
    Yeah... seeing a lineup like this isn't helping anything either:

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/warlords...enor/#questing

    Orc, Orc, Orc, Orc, Orc, Orc, Orc, Draenei, Human, Draenei
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Yeah... seeing a lineup like this isn't helping anything either:

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/warlords...enor/#questing

    Orc, Orc, Orc, Orc, Orc, Orc, Orc, Draenei, Human, Draenei
    This is BS. WTF are Draenei doing in there? Those spots could be taken up by more Orcs.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-11-08 at 09:41 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    Confirmation bias. You see what you want to see.
    -snip-
    Blizzard publicly apologized for not having developed much on the Alliance side in Cata due to time constraints.

    You don't get more "confirmed bias" than that.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I guess the Alliance being the only standing superpower doesn't count for anything...
    Of course not.

    Just because all of this Horde based content has made the Alliance stronger than the Horde, doesn't lessen the fact that we've had all of this Horde based content.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Like really? Can't we move away from Orcs?

    Anyone else feel this way?

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/

    ^ so much orc


    You act like us Orcs want to see Garrosh again... we don't. The details that I read put me to sleep.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Yeah... seeing a lineup like this isn't helping anything either:

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/warlords...enor/#questing

    Orc, Orc, Orc, Orc, Orc, Orc, Orc, Draenei, Human, Draenei
    Looking closer, only 1 of those orcs is tagged "Horde." While both Draenei and the Human are tagged "Alliance."
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  9. #69
    Dreadlord Icaras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    876
    Looks quite Drenaei centered to me. And the orcs that are featured appear to be the guys both factions will be punching in the face.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    Looks quite Drenaei centered to me. And the orcs that are featured appear to be the guys both factions will be punching in the face.
    So... the expansion is about stopping the various orc clans from joining Garrosh's wHorde, and you say its Drenaei centered? Did a drop bear rip out your eyes and brain?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Blizzard publicly apologized for not having developed much on the Alliance side in Cata due to time constraints.

    You don't get more "confirmed bias" than that.
    And the first zone they worked on for WoD? The Horde starting zone...
    How to 'Fix' WoW
    1. Fire Chris Metzen
    2. Separate PVE and PVP and balance them separately
    3. ????
    4. Profit!

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Looking closer, only 1 of those orcs is tagged "Horde." While both Draenei and the Human are tagged "Alliance."
    So its World of Orccraft instead of World of Hordecraft, big whoop.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Like really? Can't we move away from Orcs?

    Anyone else feel this way?

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/

    ^ so much orc

    You are not alone. Even orcs are tired of orcs, orcs and more orcs. Jezuz ... let's fight pig people for a change.

  13. #73
    Herald of the Titans Kurgath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    2,963
    WHAT?! This is the 1st Orc expansion, the hell are you talking about? In a game that's originally about Orcs and Humans! Please! It should've been introduced way sooner!

  14. #74
    What say you? I get to kill more dirty, stinking, filthy Orcs as Alliance, bring it on. Killing Orcs never gets old.

  15. #75
    Titan Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    11,818
    Looks like we are getting both Orcs and Draenei.

  16. #76
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2
    yeah, because deathwing swore oath to the horde.

  17. #77
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,739
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Like really? Can't we move away from Orcs?

    Anyone else feel this way?

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/

    ^ so much orc
    If you want to create an epic expansion for the Alliance, generally you need to slay a few Orcs.

    I've got bigger issues with this expansion than having us fight some Orcs. I'm just glad Garrosh is confirmed to not be the final boss, just the trigger for what all happens.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  18. #78
    Brewmaster Asphyxiate9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,355
    cata's orc's were only subplot, MoP only had a large presence of orcs in its final patch. I think people are just over reacting, that being said i wish it was a legion expansion.

  19. #79
    So I keep hearing arguments that bosses such as Arthas cannot be counted as alliance spawned villains due to the fact that the alliance of WoW is a different one than was in Warcraft II/III.... This also means that this is NOT A HORDE CENTERED XPAC because this is a DIFFERENT HORDE THAN THE FACTION THAT WE PLAY. Thank you for playing, your logic eats itself.
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!

  20. #80
    Sigh. There are no "Horde expansions" or "Alliance expansions." If you feel the Horde story always turns out better, play Horde.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •