Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    GC tweet today:

@Mionepony N and H will not have queues or wings. More like today's N than today's flex.
    This is a separate issue entirely, but I think they should continue to split Flex (normal in WoD) into wings. Loses a lot of its puggability and casual appeal if you can't break it down into bite-sized 3-4 boss content. Not sure what they're thinking with that, other than their comments that they never viewed flex as a bone thrown to puggers, but rather casual raiding guilds, as in its a sort of progression. Might increase LFR participation again I guess, for those later bosses. I just know I won't be doing flex on my alts anymore since I don't have 3 hour blocks to devote for a Highmaul or Blackrock Foundry clear.

I have no issue with them adding flex tech to normal and heroics (we all knew this was coming) only question is whether or not my guild's officers are gonna bother trying to do mass recruiting for mythic mode. Guess we'll have to wait for details though i suppose.

Considering the pain of picking and choosing who gets in on each fight, I'm surprised more people aren't thrilled about flex tech. Though i guess that's just because of paranoia that they will be as easy as current flex which they won't. Obviously mythic mode is added just because you need a static group size to tune fights as tightly as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I'm happy with this change. I don't care a lick about "Mythic" (just as I don't care about Heroic now) and would prefer it not be a mode at all, but not having to sit/rotate people for regular raids, or try to have an "A" and "B" team is a godsend, and is the single greatest thing ever to happen since 10M became an option. Of course this also means the "magic number" for Flex/Normal--I mean, Normal/Heroic becomes 20 as that's what Mythic is.
    As a person that has been raid leader basically since WotLK, only spending a few tiers not raid leading, I would not want to be a raid leader in a normal mode (6.0 heroic) guild. I can only imagine all the work and drama it will bring to guilds.

Imagine you sitting there being a raid leader and knowing "If I remove Firefly66 from this group, then this boss will become easier". Sitting on that knowledge would be eating me up alive from the inside as a raid leader. If you are sitting wiping on a boss, how far would you go to down it? Would you bench that player that only makes the boss harder? Maybe you only need two healers and you got three. It is probably a better idea to bench that third healer completely than having him play his off-spec. Do you tell your raider "Sorry, you cant come to the raid tonight because the boss is easier without you!". Simply saying "Okay we are 11 people and the raid is for 10 people, so we are gonna take turns sitting out different raids" is a lot easier.

It also makes the added difficulty of keeping those magic setups. I feel like your raid roster would have to be so much bigger, since sometimes you want to upgrade your 2T 2H 6D team to 2T 2H 10D or whatever. Sometimes you want to bring less players, sometimes more, sometimes less healers/tanks/dps, sometimes more. It would just be a clusterfuck in my eyes and trying to min-max with who gets benched and who doesnt, meh, I do not even want to imagine all the drama that it will cause.

Suddenly I as a raid leader need to worry about maintaining a 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 man roster at the same time, and having to tell people why they cant come on progression for certain fights. That would just suck and be too much work.

That 1 player in your raid keeps dying to a mechanic? Simply kick him from the group keep going, boss just got easier!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Considering the pain of picking and choosing who gets in on each fight, I'm surprised more people aren't thrilled about flex tech. Though i guess that's just because of paranoia that they will be as easy as current flex which they won't. Obviously mythic mode is added just because you need a static group size to tune fights as tightly as possible.
    That is exactly what I am concerned about. If you think it is pain picking and choosing players for 10 man is bad, imagine when you can pick and chose for whatever amount of people you can.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-11-09 at 07:07 AM.

If set up properly the fight shouldn't get easier if you remove someone from the group. Obviously there is a certain amount of class balance needed (can't win with 6 healers and 4 dps) but that goes without saying. Basically its better but not perfect you prolly still won't need 3 tanks unless they tune the fights to need it but we'll have to wait and see. Overall you'll still be able to fit more people in at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please use this thread - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...al-level-20man - to discuss the changes to raid modes in WoD.