Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When in doubt - time travel

In any sci-fi or fantasy movie, tv series or game when they don't know what else to do, they do time travel. WoW is no different.

It might actually work for me because I always loved draenor. Does it work for you?

15+ Year Old Account
    I suggested a few months back on here to go back in time and was absolutely lambasted for it. I like the idea but they just haven't sold it well to me.

I'll let the wife be a test dummy as she'll play anything, then i'll decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    I suggested a few months back on here to go back in time and was absolutely lambasted for it. I like the idea but they just haven't sold it well to me.

I'll let the wife be a test dummy as she'll play anything, then i'll decide.
    I assume that draenor is a new zone rather than a remake of outland? Is Outland going away?

Patch 6.2, Garrosh by accident summons a death star.

No I don't like it. I'm not saying it can't work out, but right now I'm not happy for time travelling. It opens doors to all kind of weird stuff. While I agree on magic and all that, time travel on such a scale is another thing.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Time travel/retcons always seem to be the "jumping the shark" moments in most franchises.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackweb View Post
    I assume that draenor is a new zone rather than a remake of outland? Is Outland going away?
    Outland is Draenor after draenor was blasted into lots of little floating islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushu View Post
    Outland is Draenor after draenor was blasted into lots of little floating islands.
    Ya think?

The question will the new draenor and the old draneor exist side by side?

I'll admit, I'm disappointed the leak rumor of time travel were correct. I suppose its the only way we could see Drenaor, but to me, this feels like it turns the xpac into a sidestory and isn't pushing "the story" foward.

Kind of like the Suikoden series felt, where after game 3, they stopped going forward and then made 2 prequels
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya think?

What do you mean?
    We're going in the past. Draenor is an Azeroth-like environment; Outlands is a rock floating to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    What do you mean?
    We're going in the past. Draenor is an Azeroth-like environment; Outlands is a rock floating to waste.
    Someone help this guy out.

Deleted
    Draenor is a completely new map. Outland is what Draenor became.

We are time traveling.

Draenor is like Azeroth (so to say). It got land, seas, islands.

No floating islands, and crumbled edges.

Ya think?

The gist I was getting is that a new portal is opening up, and that the current dark portal still points to Outland (present time)

Conceptually, Garrosh is pushing to destroy the present by changing the past, and where the bronze dragonflight would've normally been able to simply stop him, instead, the heroes are required.

Not really sure how Garrosh pulls off hopping through time yet, but there were some hints *coughmurozondcough* that he's not the one pulling all the strings as we supposed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone help this guy out.
    What do you even mean?
    We're going back in time. Outland is staying where it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    "No, this isn't a time travel or paradox story, it is about going to Draenor."

"We aren't going back in time, the Dark Portal is turning red, bad guys are coming through. We look at the Orc Clans as they were, but things are happening now. The end of this expansion will launch the next one."

I don't get it then! \o/

Ofc it works for me. I love this game, I'd only stop loving it if it changed completely and turned into GW2 or Rift. Cataclysm was the lowest point in my opinion but I still had fun and still it added some nice features. MoP has been amazing and I expect nothing less from WoD. People claimed to KNOW that they were out of ideas and just gripping at straws with MoP...those know-it-alls were wrong. Same goes for WoD I'd dare say, because now they're building on existing lore again...something the whingers whinged for when MoP was announced.

As for time-travel...we won't be changing what happened, we'll be changing what MIGHT happen if Garrosh gets his way and this won't make Outland disappear and wipe out the events of TBC.

But alas, some people just cannot be pleased.

Can't.Frickin'.Wait. And hopefully it'll be released sooner than MoP and Cata was!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    "No, this isn't a time travel or paradox story, it is about going to Draenor."

"We aren't going back in time, the Dark Portal is turning red, bad guys are coming through. We look at the Orc Clans as they were, but things are happening now. The end of this expansion will launch the next one."

I don't get it then! \o/
    Maybe it's like this. The Dark Portal has been connected to a specific point to the past. Think of Draenor as a bubble in time which we go to. So even if we blow the planet out of the cosmos nothing will happen. It may create another timeline but that's just it.

Deleted
    So we had vanilla zones redone, now a "timeshift" in burning crusade continent... wotlk next? We already know who's on the frost throne. (Pardon me not knowing everything about lore xD)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Maybe it's like this. The Dark Portal has been connected to a specific point to the past. Think of Draenor as a bubble in time which we go to. So even if we blow the planet out of the cosmos nothing will happen. It may create another timeline but that's just it.
    Ok, but then:

It affects our current timeline, but does not affect the past.

What?

Ya think?

The answer is yes. Where else are people going to level 60-70 without using the boost to 90 thing ?

They certainly can't do it in level 90-100 zones and nothing has been mentioned about removing outlands or adjusting Vanilla / WOTLK zones to cover 60-70

10+ Year Old Account
    I would hope not, if it's the new content that takes it to 100, might be hard for level 60 to get anywhere if the original Outland went away.